[3 TIMES SO FAR][LOSING MAPS]Connection lost + Instance crash doing Catarina Daily

I reported the bug after logging back in - # 2,952,692,034

I just started my level 5 Catarina daily in Torment, the mission was to revive and then kill 9 rhoas in the "Abandoned Warehouses". I revived and killed 6, then as I clicked on the glowing green circles to revive another 3, my game froze for a split second, logged me out, and upon re-logging and attempting to re-enter the instance, I received the error "Failed to join instance because: Disconnected from server. Failed to join any instances."

Could have just been a coincidence, and nothing to do with the mission, but just in case...

Thanks.

P.S.
I play on Australian gateway (if that matters)
IGN - Maceron
Last edited by Mefiggy on Dec 18, 2014, 4:29:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update:
Same thing just happened in my Plateau Map, upon trying to revive my first 3 out of 9 monsters for Catarina - game crash and my instance is gone. I lost my level 75 map and a Catarina mission :(

IGN - Maceron
More info

This doesn't happen every time with the revive 9 minions misson

Commonalities for the 2 different occasions:
-righteous fire active
-arctic armour active
-clarity active
-purity of fire active
-Australian gateway
-Catarina daily was from MY hideout and Plateau Map was opened in MY hideout

No idea if any of that helps, but maybe it can help isolate a cause or help recreate the problem.

Thanks.
IGN - Maceron
Happened again with Catarina mission in my Crematorium Map, find and revive 4 corrupted minions, game crashed as I tried to revive first 2.

Please acknowledge this or try to fix this, losing level 75 and 76 maps is quite frustrating :(
IGN - Maceron
I've looked at this crash several times over the last few days and haven't been able to reproduce it locally. Would you be able to tell me which character this crash occurs on and which order you cast your buffs in? (if you have a usual order)
My templar on Torment, I did manage to complete a Catarina mission earlier today (reviving and killing 9 monsters).

I usually buff clarity -> purity of fire -> herald of ice (however I had purity of lightning active instead of herald of ice in my most recent crash)

Then once inside the instance it's always Arctic armor -> righteous fire

Thanks for the response, I can't think of any more info, sorry.
IGN - Maceron
Same here. It happened to me twice already, only with Catarina. It happened once when I simply went to talk with her during a map I was running and then again on another instance when I clicked on a corpse to revive for her mission. On both occasions, I had the "unexpected disconnection" text and my instance was lost. It only started happening since the lastest 1.3.0d update.
I have also been immediately disconnected when trying to revive the first 2 of 4 for Catarina mission (on Mountain Ledge). Rhoas I think, but uncertain.

When trying to enter a portal after crashing, error messages:

Error: Unable to join instance because: Disconnected from server.
Error: Failed to join any instances.

The portal that I clicked on then disappears.

Buffs active at time of crash:
Righteous Fire
Clarity
Arctic Armour
Herald of Ice
Purity of Fire

Americas Gateway
Bloodlines League
Last edited by Danktor on Jan 7, 2015, 1:25:36 AM
I have fixed this locally and it will be deployed in a future patch
This usually happens to me with haku dailies when using my righteous fire/incinerate character. Using the same buffs as Mefiggy when it happens and i am on the eu gateway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info