I am done... No excitement in fining nerfed items, only sadness

why don't you play the new leagues?
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I get where the OP is coming from, I mean several uniques that drop for me I will ID only to better the vendor sale, ever upgrading each and every unique in my collection was a big part of the game for me. When, for example, a BoR drops it can't ever be better than the less-than-perfect legacy one in my stash, so it just isn't even worth looking at before Hargan or Elrond gives me some shards.

This is standard\hc players problems only though, GGG has made it clear they balance for the leagues (99% of the time) and this isn't a problem for players that play in the leagues.

I'd love to see a breakdown after about a month of who is playing where (percentage wise).

Why bother quoting me, omitting half of my post, then replying with more or less what the omitted part said?

:/
Casually casual.

@theanuhart, I was simply highlighting what you said with my thoughts.

@kranyum not everyone likes to start over every 3 months with nothing
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
@kranyum not everyone likes to start over every 3 months with nothing

They don't start over with nothing; they have the glimmer of hopes and dreams in their eyes ^-^
Spoiler
Never mind. Those are tears.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
goetzjam wrote:
GGG has made it clear they balance for the leagues (99% of the time) and this isn't a problem for players that play in the leagues.

I'd love to see a breakdown after about a month of who is playing where (percentage wise).

I suggest to make Standart league as a default on creating a character, and then we will see what % of the current playerbase play 3 month leagues =) Cuz all who start to play the game first time go to a default 3 month non hardcore league
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Dec 15, 2014, 1:54:54 PM
@canhaspants

your right they do have some "hope"

@thegreatalex

Standard was the default for the game a year ago I think, playerbase was like 45% standard, 1%hc, then 25/25 or so for the challenge leagues. But just because the largest single playerbase is in standard doesn't mean they won't balance for the leagues.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
99% of the nerfs to items, gems and even skilltree doesn't have further explanations, most of 'em doesn't make sense, like for example, nerf to coil and CoD, Frenzy gem, double legacy on BoR, removing block nodes and having less block if you pick up acrobatics(especially this).

Just wtf? It seems like they balance shit off the 0.01%ers that has all BiS mirrored/crafted gear instead of the everyday exile that gets happy at least having good synergy to their builds. I'm guessing more and more people are realizing GGG's shit approach to overall balance in the game, and its pretty obvious in 1.3
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
99% of the nerfs to items, gems and even skilltree doesn't have further explanations, most of 'em doesn't make sense, like for example, nerf to coil and CoD, Frenzy gem, double legacy on BoR, removing block nodes and having less block if you pick up acrobatics(especially this).

Not to mention BoR has also been made more rare. Since FM I found 4 or 5 unique bascinets, all of them Devoto's.

Some of these nerfs are really... annoying..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 16, 2014, 5:08:45 AM
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:

Just wtf? It seems like they balance shit off the 0.01%ers that has all BiS mirrored/crafted gear instead of the everyday exile that gets happy at least having good synergy to their builds. I'm guessing more and more people are realizing GGG's shit approach to overall balance in the game, and its pretty obvious in 1.3

They don't 'balance' they shift, buff, nerf. They imbalance. It is intentional, for meta shifts, to keep the game interesting for those who play the game as intended, by skipping the many layers GGG put into PoE and fastracking to completion and boredom. For those who play the game as GGG didn't intend, utilising content layers, not skipping them, progressing slowly in the harsh Wraeclast environment; these meta shifts, imbalances, nerfs, buffs, fuckabouts are not only not required to keep the many layers of PoE progression interesting, they actually remove incentive.

I could play PoE solid, for years, every day, for several hours, without a single harsh meta shift. Currently I loose interest ~1 month before a temp league ends. I wait for new leagues which I have no intention of playing. I get pissed for ~1 month when a new league begins and the harm to my characters is realised. I then have a ~1 month period after repairs/remakes are done that I enjoy PoE as I used to, then the cycle begins again. I have no interest in temp leagues, 3 months is a drop in the ocean to me, I couldn't willingly just play a 3 month long game. The kicker, because of that, I hang on to a 120 month game in ~1 month periods of enjoyment and ~3 months periods of being pissed, every 4 months.

Casually casual.

"
bdy wrote:
Such a long post for extremely pointless qq. Can you please go over what you wrote? It's ridiculous. It's called balancing the game fool. When 98% of players are using the same item it needs a nerf so people don't feel like they have to use only 1 item for that slot

Uh, leaving those items in the game does not balance the game lol.

Edit: I can get whatever I want in this game through trading but the main point I see with the OP is that items just continually get more boring to find when they keep getting nerfed and made legacy. If I found a BoR tomorrow I would shrug and throw it in my stash to rot or trade to someone for not much currency. Hypothetically if they had been able to nerf all of the items instead of just the future ones this wouldn't be a problem as my perception of those items would be different. Right now they just look like cruddier versions of what I can get through trading. I really hate that finding items in this game is so bad. Here's another example, The Rumis Flask is awesome but if I found one I would never use it because I have 4 legacied versions. Finding one now wouldn't be the least bit exciting besides thinking to myself I guess I just found an exalt or 2 yay.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 16, 2014, 7:33:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info