I am done... No excitement in fining nerfed items, only sadness

The QQ is strong in this thread.

Sounds like OP is just sick of playing in standard league and looking for a reason to quit\blame. Its fine man take a break, but don't blame legacy items as to why you don't want to play, specifically because you listed the reasons to why you weren't salty about legacy items.

Offer no solution to the "problem" doesn't help either.

But for real when are you doing the giveaway?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Do any of the things you mentioned ruin the gameplay/enjoyment for you? If so, how exactly?

He already explained why this ruins his fun.

------------

Will this game at some point become stable, where things wont be turned to it's head every three months? Probably not. I wish it would and GGG would keep the game fresh by adding content (maps, bosses, quests, etc..), instead by wrecking builds and making you rework (legacies are a direct consequence of this "meta recycle" design).

I don't give a crap about legacies and they don't ruin my fun, but I understand people that are bothered by this design implementation.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Nobues wrote:
So you can't do your same OLD!!! build anymore because an item got removed! WOW, now that is sadness right there someone who wants to do the same OLD! thing over and over again. I'm going to bet you never really used any of those items on that list in the first place.

Get over your self, and learn to new builds. Simple as that.

But I got to a point where I was having fun with the old and got tired of building new fails. It took years and thousands of hours of trail and error to get to a point of having fun with the old. Now I have to spend XXX hours and hundreds of exalts again to find something new and fun... and I need to get over myself? WTF dude?

"

Which is because he can't find the "best" items anymore, this has been the case since they started legacy items over a year ago. I think the direction is kinda risky and think GGG needs to think more about the tree\content then nerfing every popular unique.

Couldn't really agree with you more about adding content rather then turning on the nerf bat for unique items. Hell if I was a unique supporter that agreed to an item being added in a certain context only for it to be nerfed multiple times idk if I'd be so happy I supported the game. Bor (nerfed twice) pretty much every shield (nerfed twice)

FeelsBadMan

you should have stayed in standard. since day 1
Forum pvp
"
goetzjam wrote:
The QQ is strong in this thread.

Sounds like OP is just sick of playing in standard league and looking for a reason to quit\blame. Its fine man take a break, but don't blame legacy items as to why you don't want to play, specifically because you listed the reasons to why you weren't salty about legacy items.

Offer no solution to the "problem" doesn't help either.

But for real when are you doing the giveaway?

I would LIKE to be playing in standard league long term. This last month I spent over $200 on new MTX, why would I want to quit now? I was waiting for the new 3 month league to try them out since I refuse to play standard (I regret buying them now). Patch 1.2 had 1 major legacy nerf and that was to the Shav's ring, I though GGG was starting to get it right.

I did offer 2 solutions. I am sure that there are other ones, like from here on out all unique items get changed to the new versions with no more legacy items coming into the game. There are other ways to change it too.

"
having a chance to drop ALL VERSIONS of items in standard again... or a LONG TERM PERMANENT league that has no legacy items.

I am voting with my time and wallet now
Just look at this item:

Once the epitome of power and the dream of every PoE player, it went from being 'OP', to being extremely OP (changes in life mechanics / tree) and therefore nerfed (made legacy) into something that was still very good.

But then the tree / mechanics changed again, and in it's current nerfed state this chest is a joke, outclassed by common low level items like The Belly, while still being in the extreme top-tier rarity. To correct this, it should now be buffed again and made a second legacy.

This is the kind of imbalanced shit caused by constant reworks of the game fundamentals. Some people would just like GGG to finally stabilize the fundamental base game mechanics and build up the game from there.

E:
And when this chest dropped in Rampage I felt exactly like the thread title describes: meh, now you drop, you stupid chest bastard...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 15, 2014, 12:18:22 PM
So the problem with changing items that had previously dropped for people (not past items, but future past items) is that people get an item to drop in a certain context and get a build to work, while the passive tree can change, items are typically a fixed value.

D3 attempted to fix OP items by retroactively nerfing attackspeed on items, this was a huge mistake as they did it without warning or support.

So the counter argument to "no more legacy items" is what is the point of playing and getting loot now only for it to retroactively change just to keep newer players happy?

A legacy league would really be a joke, the PoE player base is already spread out as it is.

GGG has indirectly and directly nerfed some of the most popular uniques multiple times.

1. Kaoms heart, they 1/2 the value of the life it provides, then removed most of the 8% of the life nodes in the tree. In addition they buffed passive life gain per level (to compensate, so they say) which like someone else mentioned is why belly is so good now.

2. BoR now has 2 legacy versions, 1 went from having level 18 gems and great life to having lower life and lower gems, now we have one with even less block chance.

3. Soultaker, nerfed the damage of this item and added quite a few ways to deal with mana issues.

All of these uniques cost less then 10ex on standard now, at the prime kaoms chest was 40+ex, more for the 1k chest, but I dont recall how much that was.

BoR was around 15ex I think in its prime day.

Soultaker was 40-60 ex I think in its prime.

GGG really needs to stop acting like the game is still in beta and keep the changes to the tree\gems instead of changing previously released gear.

Also nothing is stopping anyone from playing standard longterm, I don't understand why you think you can't kill mobs and still get valuable loot.

FeelsBadMan

"
morbo wrote:
"
GnGEmpire wrote:
Do any of the things you mentioned ruin the gameplay/enjoyment for you? If so, how exactly?

------------

Will this game at some point become stable, where things wont be turned to it's head every three months? Probably not. I wish it would and GGG would keep the game fresh by adding content (maps, bosses, quests, etc..), instead by wrecking builds and making you rework (legacies are a direct consequence of this "meta recycle" design).

I don't give a crap about legacies and they don't ruin my fun, but I understand people that are bothered by this design implementation.

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: No, because temp leagues.

Even longer answer: The model as it is gives GGG an excuse to be very sloppy with implementation and brutal with changes. As far as they are concerned anything can only ever be a problem for a maximum of 3 months, then whether it is fixed, nerfed, buffed, removed, w/e.. the next 3 months again are an isolation, the previous 3 are irrelevant and permanent leagues even less relevant.

I get where the OP is coming from, I mean several uniques that drop for me I will ID only to better the vendor sale, ever upgrading each and every unique in my collection was a big part of the game for me. When, for example, a BoR drops it can't ever be better than the less-than-perfect legacy one in my stash, so it just isn't even worth looking at before Hargan or Elrond gives me some shards.

Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I get where the OP is coming from, I mean several uniques that drop for me I will ID only to better the vendor sale, ever upgrading each and every unique in my collection was a big part of the game for me. When, for example, a BoR drops it can't ever be better than the less-than-perfect legacy one in my stash, so it just isn't even worth looking at before Hargan or Elrond gives me some shards.

This is standard\hc players problems only though, GGG has made it clear they balance for the leagues (99% of the time) and this isn't a problem for players that play in the leagues.

I'd love to see a breakdown after about a month of who is playing where (percentage wise).

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info