I am done... No excitement in fining nerfed items, only sadness

Fuck legacy items... sorry I just got back into town and saw the patch notes. I am done playing a game where the best shit does not drop anymore, but can still be acquired by slowly trading crappier items to get legacy. I don't know how many treads have been posted about this since the patch, but I am too heart broken to search.

This new legacy item list is my final nail in the coffin (All other nails have been about legacy items and having to use a manipulative 3rd party trade system). I love Path of Exile... but I am not playing a game where items keep getting less powerful but you can still buy the more powerful version of them by trading your newly found sub-par drops.

I would love to keep playing PoE, I just can't bring myself to do it anymore. I stayed around this long hoping that something would change with legacy items, like having a chance to drop ALL VERSIONS of items in standard again... or a LONG TERM PERMANENT league that has no legacy items.

Damage is done. I found a way to fix legacy items for myself. I will not be playing PoE anymore. If you guys at GGG do have a change in the future for this legacy crap, I will not be around to know it happened. Was really looking forward to act 4 but too little too late.

In a game about finding loot, when the best loot does not drop anymore but still exists and can still be acquired by trading, I feel that I am wasting my time playing. Players can only find sub par drops. When I find an item that has a legacy twin, it make me sad knowing that there is a better version out there that GGG IS PREVENTING FROM EVER DROPPING AGAIN.

What is the point of playing a loot finding game where the best of the best is prevented from dropping? Almost ALL THE BEST ITEMS DON'T DROP ANYMORE (like only 3-4 items got better) but can be traded for.

There is no point in playing for lesser items when the most powerful items don't drop any more in a loot finding game. Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf the way I see it a) you don't know what you are doing or b) you're involved and support RMT

So I am done playing Path of Exile. Thank you for the fun times and good luck to your Path of Exile game, GGG. I have had lots of fun over the years and I wish you the best in bring in new players and in meeting you 10 year goal. I hope that my feedback here will help you retain new long term players

If Path of Exile 2 does same legacy crap too, I will not be playing that either.

TO THE TROLLS:
-It's not about me not having legacy items, I have lots of them.
-It's not about what other player have, I don't care.
-It's that feeling of getting a drop knowing that you will never find that better version that is out there.
-It's playing a game that has sub-par loot from when I started playing.
-It's the sadness of finding a nerfed version knowing a better version exists. That right there takes away from the excitement of finding loot.

I just don't like the whole concept of playing a loot finding game for over 3 years (this is not my only account), and having the loot get less powerful as a play through the years. It just doesn't feel right to play a game like this long term anymore.

This game is at a point where there are just too many damn legacy items out there to make the loot finding fun and exciting anymore.

Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Dec 15, 2014, 11:22:57 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
In other news, Honda sales plummet because they aren't Porsches.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Know the feeling. Good luck in the next game you choose. Getting a little sick of the crap in this game as well.

Edit: Not to mention the shit community here. Just see the clowns below.
Last edited by Xaaz23 on Dec 15, 2014, 11:28:52 AM
Can I have your shit?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
Can I have your shit?

You can have my shits :) brb going to poop . You want them in the mail box or you are coming to get them?
1 Question for you OP.

Do any of the things you mentioned ruin the gameplay/enjoyment for you? If so, how exactly?

IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Dec 15, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
"
"
enveratise wrote:
Can I have your shit?

You can have my shits :) brb going to poop . You want them in the mail box or you are coming to get them?

I see what you did there. ;)
Such a long post for extremely pointless qq. Can you please go over what you wrote? It's ridiculous. It's called balancing the game fool. When 98% of players are using the same item it needs a nerf so people don't feel like they have to use only 1 item for that slot
I agree that legacy items (and the IIQ legacy gem) are terrible game design, for all the reasons that have been discussed over and over, but all the venting will change nothing. That ship sailed long ago when a different direction could have been taken.

All you can do is adapt or quit. I "adapted" by playing temporary leagues (again) and HC, refuse to do PvP, do no or very little trading, and I don't party. I'm also not a competitive player. May not be your cup of tea, though, and I certainly understand the complaint.

Perhaps one day there will be new permanent leagues, when GGG is done producing legacy items, and the current permanent leagues will become "legacy", but I wouldn't hold my breath for that. The player base would need to be bigger to support six leagues instead of the present four.
So you can't do your same OLD!!! build anymore because an item got removed! WOW, now that is sadness right there someone who wants to do the same OLD! thing over and over again. I'm going to bet you never really used any of those items on that list in the first place.

Get over your self, and learn to new builds. Simple as that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info