Acrobatics - Oversight.

I'm hoping it's an oversight on your part :)
Wouldnt it be better if Acrobatics read and acted as:

30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield. 30% less Chance to Block Spells and Attacks when a shield is equipped

Seems to severly, and unfairly, take away dualwield block chance...Totally understand it for shields.
Last edited by Moldymoss on Dec 15, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have to say I agree with this quite a bit. It's tough enough getting a decent amount of block with dual wield or a staff but now if you go Acro you might aswell just give up on it.
When I saw the block nerfs, I thought it was quite sensible. Then I saw the change to Acrobatics, and thought, 'God have pity! Haven't they done enough?' Did Acro+block really need a double nerf? Even for shield users, it seems a bit extreme.
Only applying it to shield holders would fit the theme, certainly. I'm unsure what they were thinking when they crushed shield nodes and Acrobatics...

If these "reaction" gems were the primary reason... urg. That's one thing (or three) my melee builds didn't need.
"
Semptimilius wrote:
Only applying it to shield holders would fit the theme, certainly. I'm unsure what they were thinking when they crushed shield nodes and Acrobatics...

If these "reaction" gems were the primary reason... urg. That's one thing (or three) my melee builds didn't need.

Yep. I don't see how counterattack gems could ever be overpowered on an Evasion/Acrobatics build. If you don't get hit, they don't trigger!

With 'heavy' builds that are focused on damage reduction rather than hit avoidance, though (e.g. a slow-attack armour/shieldblock/AA build), counterattacks will fire constantly and can become a very powerful tool.

Maybe the devs just felt hit avoidance in general was too powerful, and that characters who sit there and take the hits needed some love?
Last edited by Incompetent on Dec 28, 2014, 5:29:34 AM
"
Incompetent wrote:
Maybe the devs just felt hit avoidance in general was too powerful, and that characters who sit there and take the hits needed some love?

This here. Max Block is far too damn powerful, especially when stacked with additional %Negates. Armour was all but ignored as a main defence, so it now has a lot of very potent clusters.

I think Counter Gems are completely unrelated, personally. They have a built-in cooldown - they wouldn't be any stronger prior to the Block fix.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Incompetent wrote:

This here. Max Block is far too damn powerful, especially when stacked with additional %Negates. Armour was all but ignored as a main defence, so it now has a lot of very potent clusters.

I think Counter Gems are completely unrelated, personally. They have a built-in cooldown - they wouldn't be any stronger prior to the Block fix.

Defences generally don't seem to be all that favoured by players compared to raw hitpoints. Given the choice, a lot of players would rather wear armour made of meat instead of metal/leather, where life is the base stat of the item instead of armour/evasion. (Of course ES and MoM builds already effectively do this, wearing white/blue meat instead of red meat.) Avoidance builds were in a good place not because Evasion itself could be stacked to ridiculously powerful levels, but because of all the ways of getting a strong 'base' avoidance chance (Blind, Acrobatics, block, Grace aura...) that didn't involve investing in gear. Blind and block chance deserved their nerfs, but I felt like Acrobatics already had enough downsides to keep it balanced.
"
Moldymoss wrote:
I'm hoping it's an oversight on your part :)
Wouldnt it be better if Acrobatics read and acted as:

30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield. 30% less Chance to Block Spells and Attacks when a shield is equipped

Seems to severly, and unfairly, take away dualwield block chance...Totally understand it for shields.

Yeah, that's stupid.

Dual-wielding is one of the main "features" of dexterity-based character. Why should acrobatics cut DW block (or even staff block)? Especially considering, that block nodes/items got a great nerf with the patch, too. Why just one nerf isnt enough?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Rearguard absolutely overpowered now.
I dont see problem ther. You wine for bit of block, what 15% is it?
What abouth 50% of max Armor or ES and then block chance.
You spend, what 3 skill point you alredy gona spend on node no mather.
You lose basicly &20% block chance you not even invest in and gain 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge no mather what items you use.
Have i mention you can even make thos number higer whit items and they have perfect sinergy whit no negative effects wher other unique and similar have plenty.
You dont have to wory on block recovery, stun recovery you can go naked and have 40 dodge.

But if you realy insist on dual and staff then i recomend penalty to stun and block recovery of -100 and no imunity to them just to feel your block.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Feb 14, 2015, 4:26:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info