PvP Event idea.

Hey guys, I have an idea for PvP events. Might be that someone already had the same idea or GGG is already planning on doing smthn like that, but still, here it goes.

So, event would be set up like that -
1. It starts off at some set time, same as a race, everybody that joins the event must make a new char, same as in races.
2. Everybody starts off in an instanced area, where they have a Stash...What is in the stash? Well, the stash would have 4 or more tabs full of equipment, skill gems, etc...
3. Once the event starts, everybody has 5 or more minutes to prepare, they have infinite amount of full respecs, you can change your passives, slot gems (all gems are ofc lvled up to the lvl of the event character), change your gear.
4. After the preparation ends, everybody is tossed in a MM and set up against an opponent in a 1v1 best of 7 where the winner continues to the next stage and the loser goes home.
5. After a certain amount of stages, last 8 players remain and battle it out in the quarterfinals etc.
6. When the 1st place is taken by someone, the results can be seen and you could recieve some prizes for being in the 1st 8 or whatever.

Ofc, I know that this would require good MM, because the numbers won't always suit that type of tournament, I guess devs might look into some Online poker heads up style of MM, as far as I have seen, it works good. It could let some players get to the 2nd stage without fighting, but that wouldn't be such a big deal as most likely it would take some 5+ stages to get to the quarterfinals.

The items in that stash would change for every event so that people would need to make up their builds on the fly.

I am not the biggest fan of PvP in this game yet, but in an event like that, I would certainly take place in.

Let me know what you think and maybe GGG will come here and make this possible.
Last edited by Grimmnyr on Dec 14, 2014, 5:15:42 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Well, I guess I am the only one that thinks this could be a good idea, which is a shame for me.
"
Grimmnyr wrote:
Well, I guess I am the only one that thinks this could be a good idea, which is a shame for me.

A lack of replies doesnt mean GGG didnt read this already and might consider it.
"
"
Grimmnyr wrote:

A lack of replies doesnt mean GGG didnt read this already and might consider it.

Still, that means something. Though it also might be the case that not too many people actually were checking Suggestions on forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info