[EU] Having high ping in PoE, while other stuff runs good.

Hi,

pretty much everytime I play PoE I am playing with a 120-150 (sometimes it goes to 300+ for a few seconds) ping. I've tried to run WinMTR with - EU.login.pathofexile.com or 37.58.67.210 - but it only says "No response from host". Even the other Gateways dont work. While I am in Teamspeak or other Games like, Cs:GO, LoL and so on, my ping is around 25-35.

I live in Germany, Stuttgart
My provider is called - Deutsche Telekom and my connections is 11.210kbit/s down - 950kbit/s up

With such a ping it's pretty hard to play Hardcore because i get desync'd and monsters warp around, is there any fix to it?

Thanks for any help!
Hi there,

"No response from host" is not usually a problem, some servers don't like Ping requests and will do their best to ignore them.

Check out this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292 And try out PingPlotter instead.

Send us the results and we'll see if we can shed some light on it.
No longer works at GGG
Here is the Pingplotter result:
Spoiler
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Dec 16, 2014, 12:12:54 AM
I have the same problem, provider is 1&1 (which uses Telekom servers). Latency is sub 30 if I ping anything in EU, but if I ping the PoE server in Amsterdam it's 120+. Pic related.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Bump, latency went down yesterday after prime time ended (around midnight). Now at around 7 pm it went up again to ~130 ms. Was in the fifties in the afternoon.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
NoHunterz did you run this PingPlotter while you were experiencing your issue and playing PoE?

Xavderion that sounds like prioritization is occuring based on the time of day (usage between 7pm and midnight get more traffic due to people going home after work and wanting to use the internet). Some ISPs can filter and slow down traffic based on these times if you are on a cheaper plan, however you may want to confirm this by contacting them.

Also, we generally prefer PingPlotter or WinMTR results over the cmd traceroute, as these tools send more packets so we can better identify the cause of the issue.

NoHunterz you are welcome to check if you are experiencing this issue at similar times of the day, incase Telekom is doing the same to you.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
"NoHunterz did you run this PingPlotter while you were experiencing your issue and playing PoE?" - yes I was running PoE and it was while have the high ping.

At around midnight my ping was fine again, maybe it is the primetime issue, is there any way to get my full bandwidth while that? Or do i have simple have to upgrade my Internet?
@NoHunterz A VPN -may- help, however it may also increase your average ping to what you would normally get during these times anyway. It depends on how your ISP prioritizes traffic, and you can get more solid information by contacting them and mentioning your concerns about primetime network usage.

Just as a note, you can check your system's network usage during these times by opening the Resource Monitor tool searchable in your start menu search bar. The previously mentioned ISP prioritization issue was the first thing that came to mind regarding your experiences, however it is also possible that something on your computer is updating or using your network at these times. You can check this with Resource Monitor. If you don't find any culprits though, I would contact your ISP.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info