increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

I need the illusion of permanence, consistency, the feeling to being able to build upon something in games.

The people who spend 100 exalts on an item or find a treasure deserve that also.

I totally agree, but make it the same for everyone. Either buff or either nerf it all. Imagine u were to find such item unknowing that it had been nerfed and legacy versions existed.....you would feel like u didn't get what u deserved.

"
Krayken wrote:
You can still trade for these legacies in the standard league. Players that have been playing this game for 2 years are excpected to have more wealth than newer player. This game is about grinding gear/working for it. Don't be jealous because some players have have played this game for considerably longer than you did.

not sure who u are talking to. If to me:

especially because they have more wealth and prolly more legacy items it is unfair towards newer player.

u say this game is about working for it. but what if you don't get the same reward?

who is jealous?

In case u were talking to someonelse forget about what I said :-)

Oh man sorry i meant to quote the man you quoted my mistake haha.
Its exactly this: work harder get less, on top of that multiply wealth of people overnight who did no extra work to deserve that.

Earlier versions of poe vs today

Chancing kaom +1000hp 1:500 chance now 1:10000 +500hp
Shavs dropped in docs, there was no infernal mantle. Now if you identify unique occultis vestments there is 99% chance it is Infernal mantle 1% shavs + it will never be shavs if you dropped it in docs.

Old players have it 1000x easier to get these items and they are rewarded with 50% stronger versions with 20x more market value.

I did speak loud, i reason with them, i prove them they are telling people bs about technical difficulties and because forum was at one point nothing then legacy item raging they decided to make it feature to childishly punish people crying on forum legacy items are bullshit.

ps: read my signature

So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on Dec 14, 2014, 2:16:19 PM
"
WarLover wrote:

GGG provides you a free game and the only income that guys get is from our support.If u dont like it dont play it.And answer me plz do you know any other game with so many different build variations that makes that game not boring at all?If u learned to play that game only for 1 class or specific build that build could get nerfed and the items u used on it so choose another.Tell me how many new builds came up when some items got legacy and some new uniques come up?there is hundrets of builds so stop complain!
Some items become legacy for balance and some new uniques ones came up,some new skills came up and tell me other game with so many skills and new skills coming up in every patch?Guess what? none or maybe very few if i mistaken!

Time and time again I see this stupid argument used.
1. There is "feedback" section on forum for reason. We are allowed to give criticism and it's even encouraged. [Removed by Support]
2. We are customers so if GGG doesn't want to lose us they need to listen to us.
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Dec 14, 2014, 6:32:47 PM
"
nexuscz wrote:
Its exactly this: work harder get less, on top of that multiply wealth of people overnight who did no extra work to deserve that.

Shavs dropped in docs, there was no infernal mantle. Now if you identify unique occultis vestments there is 99% chance it is Infernal mantle 1% shavs + it will never be shavs if you dropped it in docs.

Old players have it 1000x easier to get these items and they are rewarded with 50% stronger versions with 20x more market value.

I did speak loud, i reason with them, i prove them they are telling people bs about technical difficulties and because forum was at one point nothing then legacy item raging they decided to make it feature to childishly punish people crying on forum legacy items are bullshit.

1000x easier... 50% stronger... 20x more market value.

You sure know how to pull random numbers out of your ass.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
nexuscz wrote:

1000x easier... 50% stronger... 20x more market value.

You sure know how to pull random numbers out of your ass.

Sorry bugged kaom have 100% stronger mods made a mistake on this part.

Rest of data provided is real and any poe vet would confirm the numbers for chancing or shav drops are 100% accurate.

20x more market value is accurate as well.

1000x easier probably not but its in tenfolds.

Poor get poorer rich get richer thats something you cannot stop but why on the earth GGG have to make it even worse by multiplying!!! wealth of rich people periodically every 4mt is beyond my commoner understanding.

I would probably need to be GGG mathematician working on patch balance analysis to understand that.
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on Dec 14, 2014, 3:06:06 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Standard is a favour. GGG could just as easily wipe the leagues after their expiry, although I think they'd lose too many players like the OP.

So Standard isn't really a favor. It's more like a smart business move.

No. It's a desperate one.

If, as Charan implies, the game GGG "wants" us to play is embodied in the temp leagues with implicit wipes every 3-4 months, then that would have been what they built their business model on.

And if it's true that removing Standard would take too much income out of the business to allow GGG to survive, that's probably a failure on their part to do proper market research before launching in the first place.

It would follow from there that Standard has become a "necessary evil" in order for the new temp leagues (the game GGG "wants" to make) to exist.

It would also follow that if Standard customers make up the bulk of the income, GGG would be making a grave error in catering only to the new leagues.

Therefore, the OP would have a legitimate consumer complaint.
If someone doesnt have a -legacy item- you didnt play the build that used it at the time why do you deserve to play it now? your loss get over it.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
glh5 wrote:
"
WarLover wrote:

GGG provides you a free game and the only income that guys get is from our support.If u dont like it dont play it.And answer me plz do you know any other game with so many different build variations that makes that game not boring at all?If u learned to play that game only for 1 class or specific build that build could get nerfed and the items u used on it so choose another.Tell me how many new builds came up when some items got legacy and some new uniques come up?there is hundrets of builds so stop complain!
Some items become legacy for balance and some new uniques ones came up,some new skills came up and tell me other game with so many skills and new skills coming up in every patch?Guess what? none or maybe very few if i mistaken!

Time and time again I see this stupid argument used.
1. There is "feedback" section on forum for reason. We are allowed to give criticism and it's even encouraged. So stfu babby.
2. We are customers so if GGG doesn't want to lose us they need to listen to us.

Whats your mouth little kid and if u wanna do criticism do that free but dont insult me!Ty
IGN: WL_ShadowofGoD
I've always wondered if it'd help to put a disclaimer on Standard league if you try and create a character there. Something that warns the player basically "This league is not supported, create characters at your own risk. Wouldn't you rather play on the current temporary leagues instead?"

Anything to warn them what they are getting into. You are taking the risk of playing there.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
I've always wondered if it'd help to put a disclaimer on Standard league if you try and create a character there. Something that warns the player basically "This league is not supported, create characters at your own risk. Wouldn't you rather play on the current temporary leagues instead?"

Anything to warn them what they are getting into. You are taking the risk of playing there.

Because then they would have to explain why it isn't a "supported" league and why it is considered the garbage league. This unfortunately, would have to bring to light mistakes on their end too. I don't think it would look too good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info