increasing amount of legacy items - unsportsmanlike

So many legacy items and probably much more to come.....That is such a pathetic display and evidence of incapacity. I can't recall any other game in gaming history with so many legacy items (correct me if I am wrong please). I am very much disturbed by that 'trend' as I consider it to be unhealthy for a game - especially for an arpg. I needed to get that off my chest. Now flame me or agree with me I don't really care, but for me this is the biggest disappointment, the greatest let down from GGG. A game needs to offer fair (the same) chances for everyone*. Why would I play Poker or other games if other players could have such a ridiculous advantage (as minor as it may seem to many of you).

thx for reading or not reading my rant and sorry for venting...

EDIT 1: I urge you to read at least the first 4 pages before answering, thx ;-)

EDIT 2: for all the people accusing me that I wrote this because I feel inferior and need legacy items to boost my ego: nope, I have legacies, that's for sure not my point.

EDIT 3: I am not pro nerfing nor am I pro buffing. All I am saying is: there should be no legacy items.

EDIT: 4: I am equally offended by legacy mirrored items with better stats and legacy rare items!

*: RULES must be cohesive, stringent and apply the same way for everyone. Items are part of the body of rules. No Football team can play with their own individual ball, no poker game allows players to have their own special cards...etc. etc. A skill-reset sucks for some people (not me) but it is fair because it affects EVERYONE. Legacy items are unfair cuz they affect some, not all.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 19, 2014, 9:28:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can imagine that item management/implementation is one of the things that GGG regets not having done differently with every patch that creates legacies. But it's probably one of the things that are such a core feature of coding that it would be really difficult to change now, at least without major risks of damage. But it sure is something to improve for PoE 2. :-D
Play temp leagues, problem solved.
"
Got a solution?

no, unfortunately not.

I am not a 'computer guy'. but I guess one would think about something like that afore he starts making a game, especially since items are so important for an arpg.

My solution - not from a technical standpoint - if u nerf or buff an item: buff or nerf them all and don't leave other versions in the game. I know they stated that they can't but I would have hoped they find a way after these past years....

about why I play standard not temp, cuz someone said I should play temp leagues:
Spoiler
"
Play temp leagues, problem solved.

I need the illusion of permanence, consistency, the feeling to being able to build upon something in games as well as in life to feel motivated, but I understand where you are coming from.
P.S.: I forgot to mention that due to work/family matters I can sometimes not play for a week or two in a row or even more often if I am under heavy work load. So, those short leagues do not really allow me to immerse myself deep enough, given the playing time I have at hand.
― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Dec 15, 2014, 11:30:25 AM
They've said they'd have to take the game servers down for a matter of days if they chose to do this.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They've said they'd have to take the game servers down for a matter of days if they chose to do this.

thats something they should do so that some people would remember that theres also this outisde world that exists outside their... dwellings
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
20/20 and all that.

sorry, I don't get it. What does it mean?
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Antigegner wrote:
So many legacy items and probably much more to come.....That is such a pathetic display and evidence of incapacity. I can't recall any other game in gaming history with so many legacy items (correct me if I am wrong please). I am very much disturbed by that 'trend' as I consider it to be unhealthy for a game - especially for an arpg. I needed to get that off my chest. Now flame me or agree with me I don't really care, but for me this is the biggest disappointment, the greatest let down from GGG. I game needs to offer fair chances for everyone. Why would I play Poker or other games if other players could have such a ridiculous advantage (as minor as it may seem to many of you).

thx for reading or not reading my rant and sorry for venting...

GGG provides you a free game and the only income that guys get is from our support.If u dont like it dont play it.And answer me plz do you know any other game with so many different build variations that makes that game not boring at all?If u learned to play that game only for 1 class or specific build that build could get nerfed and the items u used on it so choose another.Tell me how many new builds came up when some items got legacy and some new uniques come up?there is hundrets of builds so stop complain!
Some items become legacy for balance and some new uniques ones came up,some new skills came up and tell me other game with so many skills and new skills coming up in every patch?Guess what? none or maybe very few if i mistaken!
IGN: WL_ShadowofGoD
"
WarLover wrote:

GGG provides you a free game and the only income that guys get is from our support.If u dont like it dont play it.And answer me plz do you know any other game with so many different build variations that makes that game not boring at all?If u learned to play that game only for 1 class or specific build that build could get nerfed and the items u used on it so choose another.Tell me how many new builds came up when some items got legacy and some new uniques come up?there is hundrets of builds so stop complain!
Some items become legacy for balance and some new uniques ones came up,some new skills came up and tell me other game with so many skills and new skills coming up in every patch?Guess what? none or maybe very few if i mistaken!

I am sorry.
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Got a solution?

When an item gets nerfed make them ALL retro!!
Theres no reason to even nerf an item but keep the already owned overpowered version of that gear in the game!! AND try to make changes to fix the economy and balance!

Standard will ALWAYS be a dumpster league with a BS economy as long as "Legacy" exists!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 14, 2014, 9:37:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info