I'm sorry for donating

"
CanHasPants wrote:
This would make moot an entire mechanic, although I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of stuns interrupting all but movement. In many (most?) scenarios, not performing an intended skill-action is potentially fatal. Stun would then still be a very relevant mechanic but less desync-hell.

Yeah, just making it interrupt skills and not impeding movement would be acceptable as well. It could even gain some minor non-movement related debuff to make up for the loss.

The important thing though is that, until they fix the issue, they mitigate the impact as much as possible.
edit bm

Last edited by catinbox32 on Jan 11, 2015, 10:52:22 AM
^ While I generally agree with how you began, and even your initial assumption "there is another game for you to play," I disagree with your conclusion: that there is something deficient about people who want to play D3, or who are not like you.

There is nothing wrong with D3, if that is the type of game that suits you. If it isn't, there still is nothing wrong with it, except perhaps your emotional maturity to be able to accept that not everyone is like you ^-^

Spoiler
Still haven't played D3 by the way. You just do us no favors with your wittwe baby elitist attitude ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 19, 2014, 11:12:17 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:

There is nothing wrong with D3, if that is the type of game that suits you. If it isn't, there still is nothing wrong with it, except perhaps your emotional maturity to be able to accept that not everyone is like you ^-^

You are not accepting him or his views, either. ;)

I think the concern is that PoE could become like D3. Many of us who play PoE enjoy it because it is not like D3. I had pre-ordered D3 and quit it within the first month, and never went back. I don't bash it, because there are obviously many, many people who enjoy it. I didn't, though, and that is why I play PoE and not D3. I don't want PoE to become as hand-holding and shallow as D3. I want PoE to be rugged and rough and ornery.

My first encounters with Dominus were all terrible. I raged, I was frustrated, I was all WTF?! But once I learned the encounter, it became trivial. Every other challenge I bumped into was similar: It was not the game, it was my lack of experience and knowledge. There is still much I have to learn, but that is why I now have over 1500 hours in PoE compared to the 80 that I got from D3.
Last edited by Mivo on Dec 19, 2014, 12:05:54 PM
"
catinbox32 wrote:
NEW PLAYER HERE
There is a game that the OP can mindlessly grind which seems to suit his playstyle..., and its a called Diablo 3. If you want to go grind content rather than build a character, that game is for you.

Oh boy, you are in for a surprise. When PoE is done with you, grind will stick out of all your orifices :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Oh boy, you are in for a surprise. When PoE is done with you, grind will stick out of all your orifices :)

Well, if you play characters to just 70-75 or so, you never get to the grind-y parts. After that, though, yes, it's a major grind that is not very rewarding or satisfying. But if you just want to build characters and play through the game, without the maps grind, you can have a lot of fun with that, I think.

That's probably true about D3 as well, though. There's just no need to have multiple characters of the same class.
"
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
Sorry you thought the game would be different than it actually is. I notice you keep calling it a "donation" instead of a "payment." "Donation" connotes more philosophical attachment than a purchase, I wonder if this makes you regret your expense more?

The correct word to use is 'support'. This isn't as philanthropically bent as 'donation' and it isn't as demanding as a 'purchase'. It's closer to a purchase than a donation. Anyone who thinks supporting GGG is a mere 'donation' is kidding themselves.

I've had this argument too many times to bother yet again. A person can either trust I know what I'm talking about here or they can't.

Thanks, I knew payment wasn't the ideal word choice, but I couldn't think of a better one and definitely wanted to point out that "donation" led to a problematic frame for the subject.
Lightheartedly
I expect Rulers of Wraeclast have thought long and hard on the proper diction for investing in this game so we should all listen to your word!
"
Mivo wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:

You are not accepting him or his views, either. ;)

I don't have to, because I'm right, damn it! :D?

No, really, I agree with the rest of your post, I only take issue with the game/player bashing because it detracts from what could actually be valid points (in re: maintaining PoE's integrity) and polarizes disagreeing elements towards uncooperative ends. That helps nobody.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"Lightning and energy shield"

Did he go CI as a fresh char in cruel?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info