I'm sorry for donating

its quite sad i bet plenty of new players feel the same and yet 1.3 and ggg's misdirection has made the game even harder and worse for newbs. big, big step back for poe after such a high in 1.2.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
its quite sad i bet plenty of new players feel the same and yet 1.3 and ggg's misdirection has made the game even harder and worse for newbs. big, big step back for poe after such a high in 1.2.

It made no difference for newer players. New changes affected max block, which a new player wouldn't have. And extremely high critical values which a new player wouldn't have.
one more nail in that coffin. I hear ya OP

A simple "player X killed by Y" instead of just a , "you're dead, click here" box would go a long way to explaining all the shit happens.

Sadly I don't expect there to ever by a death explanation on screen and we are stuck with the humongous learning curve for new players. More often than not that learning curve is so frustrating players just quit. Quite understandable when you sit back and think about it for a second.

Who am I kidding, give us more candy.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

It made no difference for newer players. New changes affected max block, which a new player wouldn't have. And extremely high critical values which a new player wouldn't have.

And you have any perspective of what a new present day player is going thru especially after 1.3?

All shields block reduced makes no difference?

Lesser life on tree no difference?

More legacy no difference?

Build overhauls or destroyed from constant tree changes no difference?

Sheer ignorance to think 1.3 is not tougher for new or even casual players than before.
This fellow is clearly doing something very wrong in terms of gear and build. There needs to be more guidance within the game for newer players.
"

And you have any perspective of what a new present day player is going thru especially after 1.3?

Sheer ignorance to think 1.3 is not tougher for new or even casual players than before.

This fellow is dying repeatedly in cruel to the point he is no longer leveling. 5% block and 3% life are not the cause of such things.

I don't think you are in a position to call someone ignorant.
"
Barivius wrote:
"

This fellow is dying repeatedly in cruel to the point he is no longer leveling. 5% block and 3% life are not the cause of such things.

I don't think you are in a position to call someone ignorant.

who calling who ignorant? you are confused. . Internets hard
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

Not a single one of those things you listed matters to a new player.
"
vblue wrote:
Each time i do half a level perfectly, i encounter a one hit boss or a little desync that brings you back near the boss even though you were outside his hitbox.

I believe what happens here is that the boss hits and stuns you, which results in the server having you elsewhere than the client. Higher health would help reduce the chance of getting stunned as well, but given how hard most bosses hit...

I mostly manage to avoid this by using Decoy Totem (as well as zombies, but they don't last long against bosses). That though requires a certain amount of strength to keep it up to date. Until they fix their desync issues, they should really turn off the ability for enemies to stun you on hit.
"
GGG will need to address this with 1.4. I firmly believe that'll be their last chance to do so.

I anticipate a significant re-tuning of all previous acts when A4 is released.

"
Mudpony wrote:
Until they fix their desync issues, they should really turn off the ability for enemies to stun you on hit.

This would make moot an entire mechanic, although I wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea of stuns interrupting all but movement. In many (most?) scenarios, not performing an intended skill-action is potentially fatal. Stun would then still be a very relevant mechanic but less desync-hell.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Dec 17, 2014, 6:13:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info