I'm sorry for donating

So long story short, For the last 5 hours i've been the same level. Why ? because i keep dying. Why is that ?

I really can't figure. I have been paying attention with what path I choose (lightning and energy shield + a little vitality) . The game has become almost impossible. Died at dominus 2nd difficulty level like 60 times. Each time i do half a level perfectly, i encounter a one hit boss or a little desync that brings you back near the boss even though you were outside his hitbox.

So at this moment this game is done for me because i can't progress. This shouldn't happen. You really have big unbalanced chars.

I was so excited at start that i donated like when was level 3. All the things made sense compared to diablo. So now I'm left with a bad taste for giving money for what i though you solved in the year that went by.

And don't tell me to join a party. This game should give each char the possibility to finish the game on all difficulty levels without searching for other players to carry you.

So I guess i'm the only one to blame for paying for something that i didn't fully tested.

No replies needed. Just my story.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Link gear, tree, and tell us how much life / es you have. This game is quite hard in the beginning and I suspect that there are a lot of mechanics that kill you which you know nothing about. (Looking at you Dominus' blood rain without a staunching flask ;) )

If you want to learn, we will help you, if not, thank you for your support and good bye.
Last edited by biomuesli on Dec 14, 2014, 7:33:53 AM
Your build is probably a glass cannon
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Try making a new character and a different skill tree.

I played loads of characters before I got my level 76 toon. (And i still cant solo dominus without dying lots). Dying and learning how to create a viable end game build is part of the fun.
Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Dec 14, 2014, 7:33:28 AM
Post your items, flasks and passives.

This is entirely fault of your poor choices for making a character. Instead of qqing - ask for help of how to improve your character.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
l2p and then have fun again
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Had exactly the same problem with my shadow.

Then the 1.3 patch respec came.
I recall my first time with Dominus in Cruel. It was a real disaster and I was getting increasingly pissy. I figured that the problem was with my build (build was fine, had copied it as it was my first real character) or my understanding of stats and strategy. It was the latter. So I spent some time reading up on stuff, and with progressive characters it was much easier. By now it's a walk in a park.

Key points are: a) understanding how the fight works and standing in the right place, b) having staunching ("removes bleeding") flasks, c) fire and lightning resists, d) enough life if you use a life-based build (in HC I always try for 2500+ HP because I may freeze up during this poorly optimized encounter, but anything over 1800 HP is more than enough).
Sorry you thought the game would be different than it actually is. I notice you keep calling it a "donation" instead of a "payment." "Donation" connotes more philosophical attachment than a purchase, I wonder if this makes you regret your expense more?
Link gear and tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info