Righteous Fire Burning Discharge Marauder - 1.3

This guy does a ton of damage. Damage mitigation could be much better though.

people's reaction when you don't run immortal call:

Tree
Bandits: Oak, All, Oak

Weapons

Armor

Bling

Flasks

Videos
Plateau
Strand
Fracturing Maze
Dry Peninsula
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Mar 16, 2015, 9:30:56 PM
trying this build at the moment. looks not too bad :) i have to level up those gems though.

only weakness. my character has 1.7k armor at level 82. is that normal or is my gear just rubbish? :D

also it's pretty annoying to fight groups that resist fire. but maybe that is because my gems are low level.
Last edited by Gyroc on Dec 20, 2014, 2:46:55 PM
"
trying this build at the moment. looks not too bad :) i have to level up those gems though.

only weakness. my character has 1.7k armor at level 82. is that normal or is my gear just rubbish? :D

also it's pretty annoying to fight groups that resist fire. but maybe that is because my gems are low level.

sorry for the late reply!

It is normal. The character is not supposed to run a tabula, but rather lightning coil or cloak of defiance for heavy damage mitigation. The only thing that prevents this character from dying is Granite + Jade Flask usage (might try a Rumi's for additional block, and the fact most mobs are oneshot.

Now it's only phys damage that is dangerous, lightning and cold hit hard but the HP pool and regen is enough to survive. Fire damage is completely mitigated (103% resist with flask).

I'm working on damage mitigation and it's posing quite a headache. Maybe arctic armour, but I'm not specced at all for mana regen.
Nice idea for a build. Have you made any further progress? Atziri?
IGN: BusinessCasual
"
enwot wrote:
Nice idea for a build. Have you made any further progress? Atziri?

never tried atziri with this, but the spears should be really dangerous

got a carcass now, the build is extremely effective for aoe clear, even in full groups, but the single target dps is really lacking. I wouldn't label the build an atziri killer but its an effective map farmer nonetheless.
Your build is absolutely amazing. Analyzing your skill tree there is two small improvements that I see.
First, you forgot to pick up Fire Walker. Can't go wrong with 18% more fire damage.

New to patch 1.3 is the added benefits to armor mastery. If you do pick it up you could just pick up the armor node and go that direction instead and save yourself a total of two nodes.

My question is why eldritch battery instead of additional health nodes? ES gives more damage and more life would be even more damage and survivability. Does the ES you got from gear give enough mana for it to be worth it?
Last edited by VOLKATRON on Mar 3, 2015, 2:25:33 PM
"
VOLKATRON wrote:
Your build is absolutely amazing. Analyzing your skill tree there is two small improvements that I see.
First, you forgot to pick up Fire Walker. Can't go wrong with 18% more fire damage.

New to patch 1.3 is the added benefits to armor mastery. If you do pick it up you could just pick up the armor node and go that direction instead and save yourself a total of two nodes.

My question is why eldritch battery instead of additional health nodes? ES gives more damage and more life would be even more damage and survivability. Does the ES you got from gear give enough mana for it to be worth it?

Thanks!

Yes eldritch battery was because i have roughly 400 es that is useless since RF burns through it, so might as well have more mana. Fire walker is the direction to go after all the points are spent, I wanted to build to stop at 15 points left. I can't see the armor mastery though, it's been a while since I've played this build (concentrating on a melee build on torment atm), but anything that saves up passive points is great. The tree is very loose in regards of points (except for the regen nodes), so feel free to use your own, mine is not the end-all-be-all.

I've updated the gear, tabula is not necessary anymore.
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Mar 7, 2015, 4:48:56 PM
Getting a Kaom's and testing what a rare staff with pvpness master mod will do!
Could you try mitigating damage with a cloak of flame?
"
Wulfstan11 wrote:
Could you try mitigating damage with a cloak of flame?

cloak of flame is pretty much 20% phys eliminated if you pop your flask at the right time (100% fire res). I've tried with a 4L it works well I might try getting a 6s, it's really tough on standard though. The other stats are also really nice with the ignite chance and duration.

it's a solid armor piece, better than carcass for its price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info