Hi! I am Bike Curious

This is not a coming out post, just an attempt to get some input on what I should buy for my next motorcycle.

I had Heritage Softail for a few years, but sold it because I got a good offer. Now I want another one, but I don't know if I should go for a cruiser, or give in to solid mid life crisis and get something a little more sporty.

There is a guy I know who has a naked '08 696 Monster for sale, but I just don't know if I want to squeeze my frame into a romper suit.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
You know there's a third way right? Fuck them roads.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I had one of these before i decided not to risk using my skin to slow down on the road.
(A Honda CBR 600rr)

Forum signature
Last edited by DrWood on Dec 14, 2014, 2:15:07 PM
I'm thinking something like this:

Spoiler

Without the screen, though.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Dec 14, 2014, 2:23:06 PM
This is mine:

http://www.rallye-tenere.net/Bilder/Rallye_Website_neu/Stammbaum/XT%20600%20Z/3aj/3AJ.jpg

Good on road and good offroad. Got to tinker with carbs, low mixture problems but it's hard to do on a parking lot with zero celcius temperature lol. But I love it, wild loud dakar beast, tall like a horse which suits me perfectly. There will be some serious adv riding in the future, but that starts next season.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

Last edited by JohnGrammaticus on Dec 14, 2014, 4:49:55 PM
I'm getting a little long in the tooth, soft in the middle, and curved of the spine to do much offroad stuff.

With the cruisers I have room to put down my hemorrhoid pillow.

Seat on a dualsport/adventure bike is comfortable, meant for long travel. Nothing like typical enduro twobyfourlike "seats".

"
Seat on a dualsport/adventure bike is comfortable, meant for long travel. Nothing like typical enduro twobyfourlike "seats".

Hmmm, might be worth a look then. My trailbike days ended when I had a nasty crash on my DR250 that unfortunately wrote it off, I never ended up buying a new one. Learnt a good lesson though - always get insurance.

Where do you live? I can recommend some models looking at but much different stuff is available in the US than in Europe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info