LVL 90 build
LVL 100 build
Alternate LVL 100 tree for Ranger
Alternate LVL 100 tree for Scion
Alternate LVL 100 tree for Duelist
ALTERNATE LVL 100 DAGGER SHADOW
PoeBuilder
BANDITS: OAK (life), OAK (phys) SKILL POINT

WARNING: This build is a lot more expensive, a lot more dangerous, and deals a decent amount more damage than any of the other builds. The reason for this is because it's a glass cannon. If you have the money, I would convert to this build ONLY at level 90 and once you have your gear (better than bino's dual daggers, 6l lightning coil, godly jewelry) OR if your skill level is high enough (you are familiar with crit builds, know how to use flasks, know how to optimize and are not afraid to take risks (the sword version of the build should teach you these things) you may reroll to this AFTER you've accumulated some money.
CURRENT GEAR
AURAS: Hatred, Herald of Ash, Herald of Thunder. DPS: 37kk. Using Vaal Pact makes me unkillable. looking for a binos now.

Bandits: OAK (life), OAK (phys) ALIRA (power charge)

GEM SETUP/GEAR - Endgame

HELM
PREFERABLY: Alphas Howl with Hatred, Herald of Ash or Herald of Ice, curse on hit, assassins mark.
IF YOU'RE POOR: Any high evasion/life/res helmet will do.
Abyssus if you like to live dangerously.

WEAPONS
SWORD:blood rage, increased duration, enhance
SWORD(PRE MAP):whirling blades, faster attacks, portal
(You want to have high crit, high attack speed, and high physical damage.)
Once you've started doing maps, be on the lookout for a high evasion/life/resist shield.

GLOVES
IF YOU'RE RICH: Atziri's Acuity with cast on damage taken, enduring cry, immortal call, increased duration OR summon skeletons, blind, additional accuracy, spell totem.
IF YOU'RE NOT: Maligaro's Virtuosity, or any high evasion/attack speed/physical damage/life/resist gloves. Use Life Gain on Hit instead of life leech for large groups.

BOOTS
PREFERABLY: Atziri's Step +Frenzy Charge corrupt with vaal haste, vaal grace, increased duration, assassins mark. (You are totally free to change this to whatever else you may need, like a cast on damage taken setup or whatever)
SECOND PICK: Darkray Vectors are your next best bet. If you dont have those, farm Dominus for some chaos recipies.
BODY ARMOR

Lightning Coil - same gems as below.
5L CHEST: Static Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Multistrike, Life Leech
6L CHEST: Same as above but with Power Charge on Crit.
(Yes, I know getting RRRRRB on a evasion chest is impossible, use a hybrid chest with evasion rolls or spend 2 points to get iron reflexes and wear an armor chest piece with the rest of your gear evasion.)

RINGS/AMULET/BELT
Rolls in order of most importance: flat phys damage, resists, life, WED, ele damage, attack speed.
Use life leech or mana leech on physical damage if you need it.
Doryani's Belt with a phys roll is a good, cheap item.

JEWELS
You already have a ton of dps and life, but having more never hurts. In the beginning of the league, just try to cap your resistances. Later, when you can afford it, roll for 1)life, 2) attack speed 3) damage 4) evasion 5) resists.
Static electricity is not required for this build, but it is probably the best jewel that you can use. there is one spot where it's really good, and that's to the right of the duelist.
Spoiler
This is how much you'll get from the standard ranger start, but even more if you go duelist.
MY CURRENT GEAR

max res, 12k dps, lvl 72 maps are no problem. Currently lvl 72. no issues whatsoever.

BUILD INFO

Please take note that this build is NOT meant to take you endgame, HOWEVER, it can! All you need to do is fund it, just like any other build. The difference with this build though, is that it will take you to maps, and you will be perfectly fine soloing most of them. This build is meant to get you started in the new leagues.

The way that Static Strike works is that you deal an initial hit which charges you (not power, frenzy, endurance), and then 0.75 seconds later, the charge discharges, dealing aoe damage in a pretty large radius(giving the gem quality increases the radius, giving 15% at 20q) because of the nature of the skill, life gain on hit works very well when starting. thief's torment is perfect for this if you don't have the links early on, but don't rely on this because you will want to switch out for resist rings before merciless.

All of your elemental damage will come from your physical damage, since Static
strike converts 60% of your physical damage into lightning damage (using phys to lightning support gem makes this 100%, so you could go pure elemental if you wish.)

The build is perfectly viable without a 6 link, without acuity, without alphas howl, without Atziri's Step, and without mirror worthy swords. My standard character can run 75 maps on welfare or self found gear (albeit with some difficulty and at lvl 83). Investing a couple exalts on cheap gear let me run them with ease. ALL of the gear that you will need in order to transition to maps can easily be self found, except a 5 link, which some people may need to trade for.

This build can be converted to an armor based build, but you would need to invest a bit more into your gear and passive tree.

This build can be modified to start with the Ranger, Duelist, Shadow, and Scion.

This build has a lot of potential for a crit dagger variant. however, this version of the build is a cheap alternative to that. You wont get as much dps as a crit dagger version, but you will definitely be strong enough to solo 75 maps, and farm bosses like a pro for the currency to convert.

Your general encounter with a mob pack will be to use your granite and jade flask, whirling blades into the center (targeting the yellow mob if there is one) and staying on the target until they are dead. You will get more than enough life back from your Life Gain on Hit or Life Leech to counter the damage that you may take in the 0.75 seconds that it takes for the aoe damage to freeze the pack, and any enemy which isn't frozen that managed to hit you through your evasion. While you tear down the yellow mob, your static charges will be dealing loads of damage to anything else, so by the time you are done with the yellow, the whole pack is gone as well.

Your general encounter with a lone yellow or unique will be to use jade, granite, and diamond flask and just sit on the enemy till they die. It is preferable to fight the unique with other white/blue enemies within range of your discharge, so that you will benefit from the Life Gain on Hit or Life Leech for increased survivability. Don't forget that if you feel uncomfortable with the fight, you can whirling blades through, or away from the enemy at any time you want.

Your general encounter with a Reflect mob will be to use your topaz flask and proceed normally. Physical reflect will not be an issue, as you are dealing only 40% if your initial hit, and provided you have any sort of life leech, you will be fine.

Last edited by Chadtholomew on Dec 18, 2022, 4:05:42 AM
updated current progress.
Last edited by Chadtholomew on Dec 16, 2014, 3:52:25 PM
added more info about build.
Last edited by Chadtholomew on Dec 16, 2014, 3:52:10 PM
updated for different classes
updated all builds for a bit more survivability
bump
added more info
Last edited by Chadtholomew on Dec 19, 2014, 4:20:40 PM
Giving this a try (from level 1) using the Scion build.

So far so good, now at around level 30.

A few notes: life leech and/or mana leech need to be introduced into the build sooner rather than later. Once you start using Multistrike, your mana depletes pretty quickly. I notice that you never really say 'where' to put either the life leech or life on hit gems at all until you have a 5-link. Well, most people don't have a 5-link to start with that would allow for it. Any suggestions?

"
Havarti wrote:
Giving this a try (from level 1) using the Scion build.

So far so good, now at around level 30.

A few notes: life leech and/or mana leech need to be introduced into the build sooner rather than later. Once you start using Multistrike, your mana depletes pretty quickly. I notice that you never really say 'where' to put either the life leech or life on hit gems at all until you have a 5-link. Well, most people don't have a 5-link to start with that would allow for it. Any suggestions?

well, for me, i never even used life leech or life on hit until i got my 5 link. that only cost me about 5c, which you should be able to get by level 40. flasks worked perfectly fine for me. once i got my 5l i started using life on hit, and once i got to level 65 for eternal flasks, i completely removed life leech in favor of weapon elemental damage. those flasks work wonders, and they will hold you through maps, you will be dealing a good amount of damage and leeching a good amount back by that time, so you may not even need a life leech or life on hit gem in your 6l , either. i have not yet proven this in torment, but in standard, all i need is my blood rage and i'm all set.
updated dagger build
Last edited by Chadtholomew on Dec 31, 2014, 7:56:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info