[1.3] Righteous Fire Melee Hybrid

While I was trying to find a good build for a 2h Marauder, I noticed that I always had a ton of life regeneration in those builds. And not too far away, even more regeneration points.

I was never really interested in "pure RF", this sounds quite boring to me.
Instead, an idea came to my mind, to combine it with traditional melee.

This also helps during "Pathing" in the tree, as I now don't have to dodge the melee damage clusters, I actually want them.

The skilltree I came up with is neither an ideal melee tree, nor an ideal RF tree, but it's "good enough" for both, I hope. It's a "hybrid".

I have tested it on a Lvl 88 Marauder I had in Standard, and I will most likely use this build in the new leagues.

---

Skilltree:
click me
12.8% regen from the tree alone, so you don't even need to run Vitality with a +3% max resist Purity of Fire. But you can run Vitality of course and save some skillpoints. I unfortunatly don't even have a Vitality gem in Standard. ;)

200% life, and the rest is simple 1h mace damage.
I go for 1h mace because Doryani's Catalyst is a pretty nice weapon for RF (around 100% elemental damage), and it's also a pretty good weapon for Melee.

Required Gear:

Rest of the gear I used for testing:

(The tree has almost no Dex, if you want to use Faster Attacks, rings like mine are required)

Helm I'd like to wear instead of the other one, but didnt get the colors needed RRGB or RRRR or RRRB):

(and then I'd replace faster attacks with ECoMS)

Gems:
Note that it's not easy to get Leap Slam in the mix. Maybe should use it as main attack. ;)

3L Doryani:
Herald of Ash
Reduced Mana
Rarity/burning damage

3L Shield
Reduced Mana
Purity of Fire
Vitality (or Leap Slam)

5-6L Main attack
Whatever you want. I used Heavy Strike for testing, but Infernal Blow/Molten Strike or the new AoE attack may be nice as well.

4L Cwdt
Increased Duration
Molten Shell (or Enduring Cry)
Immortal Call

4L
CWDT + Flammability (+ Enduring Cry)
Leap Slam (+ faster attacks)

4L BBBR (use ES equip for this!)
RF
+conc effect
+inc AoE
+inc burning damage

Stats:
Spoiler

Any ideas to improve are welcome!
(except for "Hey dude, play pure melee / pure RF", the main idea should stay)

RF Damage:
5600 life /2 = 2800
Increased sources: 91 sceptre, 24 belt, 56 burning gem, 40 fire tree, 8 area damage tree -> 219%
-> 2800 * 3.19 = 8932
Conc Effect 0.68% more damage
-> 8932 * 1.68 = 15005
Is that right?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 13, 2014, 1:28:33 PM
your build look nice, but i wonder why you're not running the life regen aura![nvm, i reread your post] I'm running my RF with arc instead of melee dmg (with life steal on arc, because I like to run righteous fire before lvl 65 a little, long story short, i have pots with instant recovery on low life that stops my ignite, I love danger!) I also use ice nova with curse on hit to apply elemental weakness, and I have elemental eliquibrium, but next season i'll try your build, it looks nice (plus I miss leap slam, been a caster, i don't carry the required weapon). I'll probably try this season to change my curse on dmg taken, i'll see how well it goes.

I'll try to post my skill tree when i get to lvl 70 (I'm 40 at the moment on bloodlines), might take a week or 2.
Last edited by bellone on Dec 21, 2014, 1:55:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info