New tree worse for melee?

Did they make this game in general easier for melee? if they did stop reading and tell me they did.
I play melee characters, and i honestly think they reduced the effectiveness of melee characters in this new tree. Its simply that nodes are missing i have to go to far out of my way to get dual wield block chance or damage with axe, or sword or mace. my options are becoming more limited. I think spell casters got hit to but not as hard, the trees is smaller and less interesting. i would rather they just go back to a previous tree and boost / lower nodes they feel need a tweak.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I lost 1k health and 17k DPS, from 4.5k health and 39k dps to 3.5k health and 23k dps using a similar tree as before as reave dagger/aegis marauder. 1.3 was straight nerf to my simple build. I didn't lose any block, though. It's still 50% block 37% spell block which is exactly what it was in 1.2. I understand the DPS loss because I have no crit multi now, but the marauder area needs more base life and more %life. I took such a huge life pool hit to pick up the same notables I had before. Should be one more +30 base health in there somewhere and a couple of the %life nodes increased 1%. Would have been more fair for all the other stuff they took away.

Like say the first life and armour node was +20 life instead of +16, the 3rd and 4th life and armour nodes were 5% life instead of 4% life, and heart of the warrior was +30 life instead of +20 life, would be much better. I mean look at one of the witch starting nodes, 25% mana regen rate and +14 es for one point? Holy god damn. It's like half a character for 1 skill point. Melee needs higher weighted early points not less.
Last edited by Astealoth on Dec 14, 2014, 10:00:43 AM
It's worse for most people. Better maybe for some low level random, generic 'builds'.
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
I think it is worse over all. Not many new builds opened up, but plenty of old ones were destroyed or heavily nerfed.

On my duelist I am starved for dexterity. In 1.2, I had more than enough dex from early nodes to carry my build through to the left of the tree (towards marauder). I have also lost a good deal of dmg. Hp is about the same. The only thing I have gained is easier access to a few niche talents (e.g +2 mana on hit). But generally I wouldn't use those anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info