Phylacteral Link

The issue I have with this is that it doesn't really pose a significant thread nor has an interesting mechanic/strategy to it but rather just slows the game down and is a bit annoying.

Luckily I won't be having any issues with it later on because like 100% of all the good builds I am burn prolif.
Beyond league.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I feel like in its current state it is pretty much an Anti Fun mechanic and needs to be changed somehow.

It's really annoying when there can be 1 blue three screens away that takes the circle and now you can't do anything. Also it just slows down the game. I currently skip it because it is just plain annoying.
Last edited by Mavada on Dec 14, 2014, 3:12:02 AM
It needs to be changed, pretty annoying to sit there and wait for the thing to hop from one mob to another, it's even worse if you have pulled not entire stack of mobs and it hops out of screen..
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Yup. This is by far the worst mod and it's not difficult at all, just annoyingly slow.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Almost all of the bloodlines are really weak/nonthreatening. I think this one might need a nerf or change, but the others need significant buffs. Keep Herald of Obelisk and Living Blood the way they are.
With all the qq-ing over order of the frozen sky bloodline (which is justified tbh) I hope they won't leave Psylacteral Link unchanged. Although this mod is not dangerous at all, it is so tedious in corridor maps and on monsters with low life high density (such as monkeys and sea witch) that it not worth the hassle. The mobs spread you have to search the one with vulnerability you cast your damage skill, they move, you search for the new one again run around with 10 blue mobs on your ass at all times, it's just not fun. (was running a grotto map yesterday and with 2 packs of monkeys to kill I got so frustrated I left the game and after a short break I started checking out torment).

In conclusion I think this bloodline should use a rework of sorts.
AoE anyone?
Even my melee dude can dish out enough AoE to hit whole packs, including the guy with the circle.

It's "annoying" because they die one at a time, which takes longer.
But there's some mobs in this game that actually hurt, so not being able to kill all of them quickly adds "difficulty". And I guess that's what it was designed to be.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Not dangerous???

You're forced to fight more enemies at once instead of melting all of them before they reach you!

Go fight a pack of croaking chimeras or even bone rohas with this mod, and go tell me it's not difficult to tank 5+ enemies at once instead of 1-2
My suggestion for reworking Phylacteral Link:
Make it so only the monsters in a certain AoE take damage. Would pose a challenge for ranged builds and melee users would have one less thing to QQ about.
My suggestion is make phylacteral link so that units share damage taken over the entire group.
Beyond league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info