Crashing and freezing.

The title says it all today after downloading the patch path of exile keep crashing or freezing, i haven't even been able to get out of lionseye watch yet because i crash in loading or as soon as i get into game... etc. They seem pretty random

Update: now i can't even get past the login screen. anytime i click anything on the login screen it automatically crashes.
Last edited by Yun on Dec 13, 2014, 12:11:14 AM
Do you get any error messages? Do you crash to desktop or to log-in screen? Have you tried using different characters?

I'd start with Verifying your Game Files and turning down your graphics settings in the options menu. Once we get more information we can take more specific steps to diagnose this issue further.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Dec 13, 2014, 6:06:14 AM
Oh, the game literally just crashes as in an error message pops up and i have to close it. And when it doesn't it freezes. Something new just happened though, i started up the game and was sitting in lionseye then minimized the game and started browsing the net. As i was doing this my display showed that there was no signal the sound from the game went all nuts then the sound restored itself, but i was sitting there looking at a blank screen which i couldn't seem to fix any other way except for manually restarting. Also, i've already tried verifying my files. I'll try turning down my settings though.
"

Oh, the game literally just crashes as in an error message pops up and i have to close it

The contents of that error message would be useful :)
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Yeah, it just now crashed again. I've just copied it.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PathOfExile.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 548bd713
Fault Module Name: wrap_oal.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.0.7
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b04488c
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00048441
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6fd1
Additional Information 2: 6fd1cc53f841a34001a33ef7a76b0802
Additional Information 3: 784a
Additional Information 4: 784a804b4039e48ea52781d8fe9f91d9

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Try disabling sound: you can do this by adding -ns to the end of the shortcut target.
Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 13, 2014, 8:43:51 PM
Just turned my sound off and as soon as it got to the login screen the game froze. Restarted the game and as i was in loading screen to get to lionseye watch my whole computer froze for a second and my screen went black. Had to manually restart again.
Are you able to bring up Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) when the game enters this frozen state? If you aren't then you may want to ensure your video drivers are up-to-date.

EDIT: Also, I assume there are no error messages since disabling sound? Or, if there are, do they contain the same following line:

"

Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 13, 2014, 9:09:39 PM
"
Emjayen wrote:
Are you able to bring up Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) when the game enters this frozen state? If you aren't then you may want to ensure your video drivers are up-to-date.

EDIT: Also, I assume there are no error messages since disabling sound? Or, if there are, do they contain the same following line:

"

When the game itself freezes, yes I am able to bring up task manager. When the computer hard freezes, no.

That message doesn't always present itself even with the sound enabled.

Update: to add to the chaos, i noticed leaving the path of exile screen to go to say windows explorer or firefox (any other program) then coming back to it automatically freezes the game, but the music is still audible.
Last edited by Yun on Dec 13, 2014, 10:43:31 PM
Post your Dxdiag.
Install/reinstall OpenAL.
If you use crative sound card read this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/51323
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info