Season 10 Schedule & Rewards

Looks like a good mix of vanilla and fun events this time around. Great to see descent champions back, although it's still 40 minutes - even though I don't enjoy it, I know many people do. Still no vanilla descent though other than the bursts. There's even a few exiles everywhere races.

24 minute solo bursts should be interesting to develop a meta for - coves farming perhaps.

The only thing that would make this season better gameplay-wise (other than having some vanilla descent and returning D:C to hour duration) would be if they've finally changed the ridiculously low point thresholds for the boss kill races. It's not fun to speedrun to merveil in 20 minutes, reach 17 5 minutes after that and then have nothing to play for for the rest of the 65 minutes.

Rewards-wise, the alternate art looks beautiful. The sapphire ring is something I definitely want to get and I'll probably also get the doedre's damning. Alpha's howl looks like one of those rewards which will be worth significant money, but I've never hit the 500 point threshold in the past because I don't plan my life around the races.

The flask is the most kekworthy decision I've ever seen as a 1k point reward. I predict late-season participation to plummet except for those people going for the signature demis.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Dec 13, 2014, 2:47:31 PM
They said on the Dev Q/A stream that brutal was 20% attack and cast speed. No mention of knockback or movement speed. Hopefully they didn't forget and those mods actually aren't in there
Last edited by Sakazaki on Dec 13, 2014, 3:25:13 PM
"
terrex wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Doing some good "lmao"ing at that 1k reward right now.

It might vendor for an alc or something.

Honestly, this is such crap I can't believe it. Why is this the 1000 point reward? Is it because it is level 18? Can you please stop mixing PvE with PvP, we all don't want to be forced into it.

To be fair, the alpa's howl is pretty nice. I probably would've been OK with that being the 1k reward, as long as it didn't look like a little kid's Halloween cap on your character, like the original Alpha.
"
boof wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Doing some good "lmao"ing at that 1k reward right now.

It might vendor for an alc or something.

Honestly, this is such crap I can't believe it. Why is this the 1000 point reward? Is it because it is level 18? Can you please stop mixing PvE with PvP, we all don't want to be forced into it.

To be fair, the alpa's howl is pretty nice. I probably would've been OK with that being the 1k reward, as long as it didn't look like a little kid's Halloween cap on your character, like the original Alpha.

It makes a lot more sense than the flask being the 1000 point reward. I just can't understand this decision at all. Would love to understand it. Alpha's is nice, yes. It has amazing art, really excited for that and the other rewards.

Whats up with that flask?
Putting Cybil as a reward after the huge block nerf is the trolling of the year from GGG. Good work there :D
I wish I had the time and motivation to grind races to get that Alpha's Howl, the art is nice.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
I wish I had the time and motivation to grind races to get that Alpha's Howl, the art is nice.

My sentiment exactly.

The schedule is light years better than season 9. Thank you GGG, for paying attention to us.

The rewards... Sorry, it just isn't enough. Not by a long shot. I do not have time in my life to get 500 points in any race season, ever. It sucks hard that the only thing I could get out of this season are two extremely common drops, one less common drop, and a crafting ring (let's face it, doesn't do anything that a 78 drop can't.)
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Don't worry many good racers got sick of racing and don't even attempt to go over 200 Points anymore.
Better than 9 but I still have some complaints:
Exiles everywhere races schedules are horrible for european players (UTC+1 for me). I've wanted to try them since they were introduced. In season 8 there were 2 at 4AM and 5PM on a tuesday, there were none in season 9, and in season 10, there are 4, thursday 1PM, thursday 10AM, friday 3PM, and finally there is one I can play, 1AM saturday.

It would be really nice to schedule these really popular races on the week-end so that everybody can try them.
i dont know about you guys but my 9-5 work schedule is horrible, it's in the middle of all my poe playtime, how am i supposed to get dat alpha's howl?

can i give you guys access to my company HR forum? we can start suggesting for a better schedule and rewards. i mean 1 hour lunch at 12pm, that shit aint fun and not everyone can participate. is euro eating lunch at that hour? i say bs economic advantage. what is time anyway?

on the real though the alpha howls is so amazing. a flask for 1k reward is underwhelming. schedule is better, more diversity, pretty happy with it minus i still think there aren't enough race rewards.

-HeaT

youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info