(RAGE) Path of Exile is fucked (1.3 patch notes)

Some of these items and mechanics where utilized so much, that clearly they were too good and were becoming mandatory.

Nerfing them, and simultaneously nerfing monster damage would cause a net effect of increasing build diversity.

Nerf them, while not simultaneously nerfing monster damage would cause a net effect of increasing difficulty while also increasing build diversity.

Either way you look at it, regardless of monster balance changes, build diversity increases. (God bless GGG!) \(O.o)/

It's GGG's game, and if they felt it was getting too easy for certain builds, then it's their right to keep it challenging.

I actually think Immortal call should only reduce 75-90% of physical damage, because complete damage type mitigation is generally a pretty crazy thing. In this way I'd then keep CI as more unique.
I'm here bro!

"
We've added 26 new Unique Items, 11 of which have been designed by supporters.

Of with you will use NONE cuz they all suck ass.
"
Some of these items and mechanics where utilized so much, that clearly they were too good and were becoming mandatory.

Just because one thing is used so much doesn't mean that it is broken.

Two examples of broken mechanics and items are low-life and Mjolner. It's very easy to get all of your resistances and cap them at 85% from auras alone. Tie in a Saffell's, you can get 89%. Then use flasks and you get 99% to fire, cold, and lightning resistance. Then tie in Mjolner for super easy DPS and you can destroy everything.

Yet block was destroyed, yet not one thing was done against low-life or Mjolner?

Two examples of things that aren't broken was pre-1.3 block and Curse on Hit. Low-life and Mjolner remain untouched and yet Curse on Hit had its only real incentive removed. CoH was only beginning to be good because it increased curse effect, but now it's just a socket consumer, giving no benefit. Cast on Crit is far more efficient, especially since it keeps the AOE.

Hopefully now you agree with me when I say block didn't need a nerf. Ground damage never gets blocked and adding a few patches would still destroy block without rendering it completely useless.

"
Nerfing them, and simultaneously nerfing monster damage would cause a net effect of increasing build diversity.

Not necessarily. Block is also used to negate reflect, which would become a bigger problem if block is nerfed. Block can no longer be relied upon for mitigation.

"
Nerf them, while not simultaneously nerfing monster damage would cause a net effect of increasing difficulty while also increasing build diversity.

No, it forces players to do one of two things:

1. Find another working build

2. Make nerfed builds work, but at higher cost

Players will do both. But this 1.3 "patch" did nothing to low-life or Mjolner.

"
I actually think Immortal call should only reduce 75-90% of physical damage, because complete damage type mitigation is generally a pretty crazy thing. In this way I'd then keep CI as more unique.

That's the main underlying thing about the 1.3 "patch". GGG seems to want to make armor better, but has Immortal Call. The most overpowered build I currently know of is a Cast on Crit, low-life, maximum aura/buff effect (85% base resistances with at least 135% coming from auras to all elemental resistances, requiring almost nothing from gear and still having enough room for all useful auras with the current 50% less modifier), being done with a magic wand/dagger. Not only will it have 95% elemental resistances just about 100% of the time, it'll be able to have 100% physical resistance just as often. It will be able to do all content and not have a single drawback. The only problem is that you require one expensive item, which was about 200 exalted for a six-linked Shav's last I checked (Standard).

Block/acro required much less investment, but still could be one-shot or two-shot by Atziri. Yet it was the one nerfed.
"
Natharias wrote:

"

That's the main underlying thing about the 1.3 "patch". GGG seems to want to make armor better, but has Immortal Call. The most overpowered build I currently know of is a Cast on Crit, low-life, maximum aura/buff effect (85% base resistances with at least 135% coming from auras to all elemental resistances, requiring almost nothing from gear and still having enough room for all useful auras with the current 50% less modifier), being done with a magic wand/dagger. Not only will it have 95% elemental resistances just about 100% of the time, it'll be able to have 100% physical resistance just as often. It will be able to do all content and not have a single drawback. The only problem is that you require one expensive item, which was about 200 exalted for a six-linked Shav's last I checked (Standard).

Block/acro required much less investment, but still could be one-shot or two-shot by Atziri. Yet it was the one nerfed.

They did previously nerf the amount of max res on the tree. And they are certainly in the review and nerf stage with things that are too defensive, so it's possible indeed that things like that will be up next.

I personally do think that aura reservation to life should be reconsidered. I feel the 60% less man reservation was not intended for shavs, and if you remove that, then there are plenty of builds such as hybrid that could use the now less op shavs (so it could be more common and less expensive if used more as it seems it was originally intended.)

I'd be ok with nerfing the max elemental res on flasks. Such as if they did less but lasted longer. Say lasts 7+ seconds, but only +7% to max elemental resists.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Dec 18, 2014, 8:03:25 AM
"
"
Natharias wrote:

"

They did previously nerf the amount of max res on the tree. And they are certainly in the review and nerf stage with things that are too defensive, so it's possible indeed that things like that will be up next.

I personally do think that aura reservation to life should be reconsidered. I feel the 60% less man reservation was not intended for shavs, and if you remove that, then there are plenty of builds such as hybrid that could use the now less op shavs (so it could be more common and less expensive if used more as it seems it was originally intended.)

I'd be ok with nerfing the max elemental res on flasks. Such as if they did less but lasted longer. Say lasts 7+ seconds, but only +7% to max elemental resists.

You seem to have the same thinking that GGG seems to have.

Why attack flasks? They did nothing wrong, don't give that big of a boost, and are great at what they do. The only ones capable of abusing their power are Cast on Crit builds, due to one flask mod.

What they need to do is change Blood Magic completely. Right now there's no reason to use BM unless you're investing into ES.
After all that armour still sucks balls :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info