(RAGE) Path of Exile is fucked (1.3 patch notes)

This is about the 1.3 patch notes and is not inviting discussion. Unless you are here to rage with me, GTFO.

"
The mana costs of Elemental Hit, Glacial Hammer, Infernal Blow and Lightning Strike have been reduced. These have generally been lowered by one mana point, with Glacial Hammer reduced to the same as Lightning Strike.

Oh, nice. One point difference makes almost no difference when the skill costs 13 (IB), 26 (EH), 10 (GH), ~10 (LS. Wiki has "??" with 10 at level 18).

Nice, so some skills have almost no difference in mana cost.

"
Arctic Armour has had its physical and fire damage taken when hit reduced at high levels. By gem level 20 they are reduced from -189 to -161.

Arctic Armor is now fucked. So are builds that rely on AA for mitigation.

"
Curse on Hit now starts with -50% curse duration instead of -10% curse effect. It gains 2% curse duration per gem level, up to 12% reduced curse duration at gem level 20. Its quality remains the same.

Now no reason to use Curse on Hit. The whole reason to use it was to get curse effect. Why use two or more sockets for almost no benefit?

"
Cast speed in the Witch and Shadow starting areas has been reduced.

Cause they weren't really taken in the first place.

"
Block chance has been reduced, replaced, or removed throughout the tree. Spell block in the Witch area has also been reduced slightly.

Slightly? 50% is "slightly"?

Fuck us over, but don't disrespect us and lie to our faces, GGG. Come on.

"
Acrobatics now grants 30% less block and spell block.

Because you don't want to see any more damage avoidance builds. Nice job.

"
All shields have had their block chance reduced.

For all of those <censored>s that said they'd be buffing block chance.

Oh, and more proof that GGG doesn't want damage avoidance builds.

"
The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced.

Yet again, destroying damage avoidance.

"
Cloak of Defiance: The 10% additional mana absorption has been removed.

It's beginning to seem GGG is destroying everything but armor and two-handers.

Nice job fucking over MoM builds, GGG.

"
Crest of Perandus: Chance to block has been reduced from 10% to 5%.

No reason to use this now shitty unique. I'll be dumping that, and possibly my account, very soon.

"
The Anvil: Chance to block has been reduced from 10% to 8%. Life gained on block has been increased from 30-40 to 34-48. Mana gained on block has been increased from 10-20 to 10-24. Damage reflected to attackers on block has been increased from 200-250 to 240-300.
The Bringer of Rain: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 6%. The chance to gain an endurance charge when you block has been increased from 10% to 20%.
Ungil's Gauche: Chance to block has been reduced from 20% to 12%.
Wings of Entropy: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 8%.

Yep.

GGG: Fuck damage avoidance. Let's make armor better by nerfing everything but armor.

GGG, I can understand nerfing damage avoidance for PvP, but nerfing it to force players to play other builds is not a method one should use. Players went to damage avoidance and low-life because they were the only real options. Yes they were powerful, but that's because armor could not compare, and evasion couldn't compare on its own. Endurance charges are also useless, and are only ever used for Immortal Call.

Who needs armor when you have Immortal Call? IC guarantees immunity to it, and it's extremely easy to keep a 100% up-time with IC. If you want to keep armor items, you need to remove IC.

I'll be waiting until you bring back block. Diablo II had absolutely no problem with it, and it wasn't required by any means either. Yet you want to destroy block? It goes to show you need to either hire more people or simply cut Path of Exile.

Until then, I won't be sending money your way for anything, playing your game, or going out of my way to observe forum guidelines if someone breaks them first.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Eehhhmmm...this is suggestions?
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
laughed so much, thx
HC: fastpst / pstfast
Invasion: pstblast
Ambush: pstflick
Rage all you want while I still play my perfectly viable block build that is wrecking everything because of the reactive skill gems that were added. Which also work defensively with stuff like knockback.

Laughed.
I have no idea how to breathe.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
Block chance has been reduced, replaced, or removed throughout the tree. Spell block in the Witch area has also been reduced slightly.

It was 8%. Now it is 7%. 7/8th is 87.5%, not 50%. Either you fail at math or English.
"
Natharias wrote:

I'll be waiting until you bring back block. Diablo II had absolutely no problem with it, and it wasn't required by any means either. Yet you want to destroy block? It goes to show you need to either hire more people or simply cut Path of Exile.

Until then, I won't be sending money your way for anything, playing your game, or going out of my way to observe forum guidelines if someone breaks them first.

dude you either stupid or don't know how to play..and i don't really care if you 100 or 200 level..that doesn't mean you know the game!

IT is PERFECTLY playable with 30-50% block or plus other defenses (if you want to be more tanky)! If you can't play with those changes then quit it. you're not good at it.

1.3 Patch is by FAR THE BEST PATCH they made, plus the passive tree is getting better and better.

so sit back and relax a bit..if you don't like it quit it. block is not destroyed, your head is.
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Dec 17, 2014, 5:17:08 AM
fuck counter: 5

fucks given by me: 0
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
"
Merluza wrote:
fuck counter: 5

fucks given by me: 0

Comment of the day. :)
"
Mudpony wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"

It was 8%. Now it is 7%. 7/8th is 87.5%, not 50%. Either you fail at math or English.

No, the circle had an 8% spell block, 2% spell block, 40% recovery, and 2% block nodes. Total of 10% spell block and 2% block.

You fail at trolling.
"
Kalidor wrote:
dude you either stupid or don't know how to play..and i don't really care if you 100 or 200 level..that doesn't mean you know the game!

It is obvious that:

1. You didn't read anything of the OP, which states this is about raging about the 1.3 notes. So GTFO.

2. You don't know this game, since you think there's a 200th level.

3. Nice personal attack. Goes to show that you have nothing to do but attack me instead of what I'm saying. So GTFO.

"
Kalidor wrote:
IT is PERFECTLY playable with 30-50% block or plus other defenses (if you want to be more tanky)!

With certain builds, yes. Almost all of which are expensive.

"
Kalidor wrote:
If you can't play with those changes then quit it. you're not good at it.

Nice personal attack.

"
Kalidor wrote:
1.3 Patch is by FAR THE BEST PATCH they made, plus the passive tree is getting better and better.

Really? How so?

Oh wait, that'd be off topic.

"
Kalidor wrote:
so sit back and relax a bit..if you don't like it quit it. block is not destroyed, your head is.

Third personal attack.

Have fun making personal attacks, kid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info