Immortal Flesh buffs and Alt-Art race reward

So I received

a while back, and now with the recent patch, makes this 'legacy' become an utter crap item compared to the new version.

"
Immortal Flesh: The maximum resistances penalty has been reduced from -10% to -5% and the -40% elemental resistances penalty has been removed.

I'm kind of pissed, because I like alt-art stuff and it's not that easy getting into the higher tiers of race rewards for someone who doesn't have that much available playing time. I have a few questions:

1. Can you guys do anything for me and others who have an alt-art version of this item? It is 100% useless now, as the newer version is the exact same benefits without the draw-back. I understand why some items become legacy, but in this instance it is an absolute slap in the face for people with older versions of the items. Especially since it was supposed to be a 'reward'.

2. What is going to happen if I divine it? There a few reasons I don't want to try. A. the rolls are almost perfect. B. I think it's only gonna make the -5 max resists, I don't think it will outright remove the -40% mod. C. I don't want waste a divine.

This is a rant, QQ, whatever, I get that. People who get their builds gutted have a reason to be mad, but I find this situation is worse, since I can't just spec into something else or change my build, my 'legacy' item is just crap now.

Thanks for your time

Afaik, buffs are passed to all items. Only nerfs are kept from affecting items, generating Legacies. So you are probably going to get your item buffed.

Except Lolcuity owners. Those shall despair.
Yeah, unless GGG makes an exception and manually fixes Race Rewards, both buffs and nerfs won't affect them. A Divine Orb will reduce the Max Res penalty to 5 and raise most rolls, but wouldn't remove the -40% Res.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
junaum wrote:
Afaik, buffs are passed to all items. Only nerfs are kept from affecting items, generating Legacies. So you are probably going to get your item buffed.

Except Lolcuity owners. Those shall despair.

Not true, both nerfs and buffs can create legacy items. It's based on how the item is designed code-wise.

OP, worst case you will need to just use a Divine orb on your belt to default it to the new values. Best case it will auto-update since it's not too big of a change
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
bump.

I don't want to e-mail support for this, but confirmation on what will happen if I divine it would be nice. Will it remove the -40% ele. res. mod?

still looks like this after patch -
mine lost the -40ele res mod by divining it today, a guildmate also tried it successfully yesterday. but we didn't have alt art ones, so no confirming on that.

;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 16, 2014, 4:17:55 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

;)

omg logging on right this second

GREAT SCIENCE :)

thanks guys, I only had 1 divine and didn't want to waste it. The rolls are a little worse, but having that mod removed is WELL worth it

Thanks again, stay safe, exiles

"
jarlaxelb wrote:

GREAT SCIENCE :)

thanks guys, I only had 1 divine and didn't want to waste it. The rolls are a little worse, but having that mod removed is WELL worth it

Thanks again, stay safe, exiles

You are welcome. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info