So we got the Nerf List called patch nodes

I understand the "need" for nerfing shit, but what I don't understand is why GGG does not spend time buffing... half..no..MORE then half the uniques are trash, its not time to nerf yet ggg, its time to buff items, so those uniques are at least worth corrupting, but nope, nerf nerf nerf what people enjoy, pretty fucking stupid imho.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Dont cry about nerfs. Enjoy changes to the game instead!

Check out kripparians video [Path of Exile] Quitting From PoE Nerfs? Don't! on Youtube.

Quote: "Why your character becoming worse makes the game better."
IGN: GreybeardDownstairsHCII
"
foxmcloud wrote:
Dont cry about nerfs. Enjoy changes to the game instead!

Check out kripparians video [Path of Exile] Quitting From PoE Nerfs? Don't! on Youtube.

Quote: "Why your character becoming worse makes the game better."

That only applies when nerfs create diversity. It's not, a lot of the older skills are being ignored.

Ultimately you should play a game if you find it fun, no other reason really, but these notes are confusing to say the least for the long reasons.

Melee is easily the worst role there is, and they made it even worse. That's unfortunate considering I used to play melee all the time as I find the gameplay style much more fun, it was already bad, now they've made it worse (granted I don't play because of the above reason.)

It's cool that GGG wants to take the initiative and make more content, shift the meta and more, but it comes up short, EVERY time, and makes the game in a worse state more often than not. The introduction of Act 3X created monsters that are absurdly high in damage and resists. It's not fun chipping away at a brick wall or being constantly desync because of leap slam. Every time they add new graphics in the game, it causes more and more unoptimized lag. Or their "fix" for too many useless items dropping in the ground.

It comes off as negative, but it gets old after 2 years of making things worse and worse for the sake of just changing things instead of well thought-out implementations.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
Great patch, congratulations!!!
My crit reave shadow got -18% block chance (ok, could live with it), -7000 DPS (with more dps nodes, because I ignored the shield nodes in tree), -500 life (WTF?????)
My 1 week old shield lost 3% block chance and 150 evasion!!! Why??? With these stats I wouldn't ever bought it!!! But at least now I can't sell it either with these shitty stats.
Life was hard with melee before, but now... :((((
Power creep was reigned in. It's better for the game in the long run. Also, +1 to whoever quoted ZiggyDs unique flavor text. Lol
Well, the thing is that a lot of things that deserved the hammer were not touched (flameblast? tornado shot?), and it's uncertain if melee is worse or not yet (I bet there is a overpowered combination with those counterattack gems). The block thing hurted melee too.
Max DPS seems to be in the trivialize almost everything range yet...

People seem to ignore the buffed/new things because prejudice, and then there are those who live to be overpowered (the game would do better without them).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Actually this nerfing away in PvE gamemode doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They want to balance PvP (well for those few playing it since there are way better PvP games to be honest) fine! But they could leave PvE the way it is instead of nerfing all the time, destroying fine builds. No one is hurt by an absolutely OP build in PvE and if you do want the game harder for yourself, just DON'T USE such a build. The rest is just bullshit reducing the fun in playing the damn game!!!
To be honest, what the game NEEDED was nerfs... It'd gotten to the point where a tiny handful of builds were choking out EVERYTHING else... Simply put, there was no reason to take armor at all when there was a dozen alternatives to mitigating physical damage that both took less effort to fit into a build, and with how the game was balanced, actually worked BETTER than actual armor.

That's what we saw with pretty much every unique nerf in 1.3.0; Lightning Coil was one of the most straightforward, as it granted a road to an easy 30% physical reduction. (and even still, you can get 22.5% out of it post-nerf)

Regardless of whether you went CoD, Lightning Coil, or ran AA, the theme was the same; they all needed a nerf because they proved to be a WAY too good replacement for building real armor.

What I see everyone else leaving out is that at the same time, armor got a pretty massive (but silent) buff; my tanky stunner build suddenly found himself with a good 5k extra armor, and like +1k extra life as well.

"
zzang wrote:
"All shields have had their block chance reduced."
-> LEGACY and in terms of aegis probably DOUBLE LEGACY

Naw, my Aegis got nerfed rather than Legacy'd.

Keep in mind that a Legacy only occurs when they change the mods on an item. (such as removing the "10% mana before life" on CoD) If they changed the base item (such as the drop to base block chance on all shields) or outright changed how a mod worked (such as the instant leech on Atziri's) then there are no legacies.

"
zzang wrote:
Lets talk about gems:

"Arctic Armour has had its physical and fire damage taken when hit reduced at high levels. By gem level 20 they are reduced from -189 to -161."
-> The only reason this was nerfed is shit PVP again.

"Cold to Fire now has a mana cost multiplier of 110%, up from 100%."
-> Any reasoning here other than PVP again?

AA was, like the other items, way too good a reason to just never take armor.

As far as CtF... How does bumping the MCM change its PvP benefits? It was, in any build that correctly utilized it, a HUGE boost to damage, and should never have been outright free. even at 110% it's still a great bargain.

"
zzang wrote:
"Cast speed in the Witch and Shadow starting areas has been reduced."
-> GG nice so you balance starting points by nerfing the good ones instead of fixing the shitty ones.

If you looked at the new passive tree, they DID change the crappy starting areas. Templar is now godly from the start if you want to do things like flameblast or totems... Or just about anything elemental, really. Avatar of Fire is now looking REALLY good for him.

"
zzang wrote:
"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."
-> Still best in slot godlike item, anyway GOOD JOB

Fully agreed. I actually feel, given it still provides way better a benefit than VP, if they perhaps didn't nerf it hard enough. And also kudos for them doing it in a way that didn't leave legacies that would've wound up netting old Atziri farmers dozens of mirrors.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
TL;DR

Nah, the game just flat out sucks balls now. And they nerfed stuff because of PVP (which sucks in this game) and supposedly because of the economy. What economy? There is no f**king economy in this game. You can't trade, buy, or sell anything in this game unless you're a loser with no life stalking the trade chan. This game is done.. I'm out..
"
PokeUrEye wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
TL;DR

Nah, the game just flat out sucks balls now. And they nerfed stuff because of PVP (which sucks in this game) and supposedly because of the economy. What economy? There is no f**king economy in this game. You can't trade, buy, or sell anything in this game unless you're a loser with no life stalking the trade chan. This game is done.. I'm out..

CYA,

In all seriousness lets take a moment to review these points.

Game doesn't suck, you still kill monsters for loot.

They didn't nerf block because of PvP they nerfed it because it was the best form of damage mitigation in the game, block works in ways no other game would even think about doing it. For example every point of block you invested in was 1% damage avoidance, you take nothing up to 75% of the time, that is insane. Paired with acro\phase characters were practically unkillable. Now if you invest heavily into gear and the passive tree you can get max block (or very close to it), but only if you invest more into it and don't get acro.

There is an economy, you can buy items pretty easily using poe.trade or simply searching the forums. No need to afk in town checking trade1-5 to find things. In addition the masters have removed a lot of the "need" to trade if you don't like to anyway.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info