So we got the Nerf List called patch nodes

Okay i tried to be neutral while reading the patch nodes in hope for a equal distribution of the words "removed" "reduced" and "increased" regarding negative impacts and positive ones .

Lets see what we got:

"Hybrid weapon mods have been removed from Vagan and Tora's crafting options. Crafted items that already have these mods will not be affected. Their economic impact was severe."

Their economic impact was severe? seriously? you introduce a BUNCH of new legacy probably double legacy items and you think the hybrid mod was causing severe DAMAGE to the FUCKING economy?

"All shields have had their block chance reduced."
-> LEGACY and in terms of aegis probably DOUBLE LEGACY

"The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced."
-> as you didnt nurf shields enough -> LEGACY

"Cloak of Defiance: The 10% additional mana absorption has been removed."
-> LEGACY

"Lightning Coil: Damage conversion has been reduced from 40% to 30%."
-> LEGACY

"Rumi's Concoction: Chance to block during flask effect has been reduced from 30-40% to 20-30%. Chance to block spells during flask effect has been reduced from 15-20% to 10-15%."
-> LEGACY

"Crest of Perandus: Chance to block has been reduced from 10% to 5%."
-> LEGACY

"The Bringer of Rain: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 6%. The chance to gain an endurance charge when you block has been increased from 10% to 20%."
-> the hell DOUBLE LEGACY?!

small conclusion so far: GGG advocating for economy but is making it even worse, so nice they do not cater anymore to the 50 elitists and the pvp crowd oh wait... the minority really OWNZ this game. Just one more note, now that you feature pvp in this highly unbalanced game be prepared for new HACKS and CHEATS to arise

Lets talk about gems:

Spoiler
"Arctic Armour has had its physical and fire damage taken when hit reduced at high levels. By gem level 20 they are reduced from -189 to -161."
-> The only reason this was nerfed is shit PVP again.

"Cold to Fire now has a mana cost multiplier of 110%, up from 100%."
-> Any reasoning here other than PVP again?

"Increased Critical Damage now provides 50% critical strike multiplier, up to 69% at gem level 20. It now provides 0.5% critical strike multiplier per 1% of quality."
->Not saying crit damage didnt need nerfing, just going to list it

Passive Tree:

Spoiler
"Cast speed in the Witch and Shadow starting areas has been reduced."
-> GG nice so you balance starting points by nerfing the good ones instead of fixing the shitty ones.

"The mana regeneration on the Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration Witch starting node has been reduced."
-> .... reduced REDUCED REDUCED

"Many critical multiplier bonuses and some critical chance bonuses have been reduced."
-> again crit deserved it but all i read during the patchlist so far is reduced reduced reduced -removed- reduced...

"Block chance has been reduced, replaced, or removed throughout the tree. Spell block in the Witch area has also been reduced slightly."
-> Tripple Kill, this is a special 3 hit combo: reduced - removed - reduced, nice one 4 of my builds got oneshoted by your 3 hit punch combo and im not even into PVP (not in this game).

"Acrobatics now grants 30% less block and spell block."
-> I take this as an enhancement of a combination of removed and reduced its like Less = (reudced * removed)², GGG is getting really creative here.

Last but not least the only nerf that i appreciate myself showing me that GGG doesnt cater to the 50 elitists for a 100%

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."
-> Still best in slot godlike item, anyway GOOD JOB

TLDR:
Spoiler
The disparity between the casual joe and the nolifer (pvper) got even bigger in this patch all for the sake of economy right GGG? Also balancing PvE aspects of the game for PvP for the minority no lifer PV-fucking-P crowd is a big mistake, you reduced the quality of experience in the game for 91% of players to cater 9%, i hope for you that your economical *hint freemium* calculation is going to work here

End of Rant

Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Dec 12, 2014, 5:41:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
zzang wrote:
Okay i tried to be neutral while reading the patch nodes in hope for a equal distribution of the words "removed" "reduced" and "increased" regarding negative impacts and positive ones .

Lets see what we got:

"Hybrid weapon mods have been removed from Vagan and Tora's crafting options. Crafted items that already have these mods will not be affected. Their economic impact was severe."

Their economic impact was severe? seriously? you introduce a BUNCH of new legacy probably double legacy items and you think the hybrid mod was causing severe DAMAGE to the FUCKING economy?

"All shields have had their block chance reduced."
-> LEGACY and in terms of aegis probably DOUBLE LEGACY

"The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced."
-> as you didnt nurf shields enough -> LEGACY

"Cloak of Defiance: The 10% additional mana absorption has been removed."
-> LEGACY

"Lightning Coil: Damage conversion has been reduced from 40% to 30%."
-> LEGACY

"Rumi's Concoction: Chance to block during flask effect has been reduced from 30-40% to 20-30%. Chance to block spells during flask effect has been reduced from 15-20% to 10-15%."
-> LEGACY

"Crest of Perandus: Chance to block has been reduced from 10% to 5%."
-> LEGACY

"The Bringer of Rain: Chance to block has been reduced from 15% to 6%. The chance to gain an endurance charge when you block has been increased from 10% to 20%."
-> the hell DOUBLE LEGACY?!

small conclusion so far: GGG advocating for economy but is making it even worse, so nice they do not cater anymore to the 50 elitists and the pvp crowd oh wait... the minority really OWNZ this game. Just one more note, now that you feature pvp in this highly unbalanced game be prepared for new HACKS and CHEATS to arise

Lets talk about gems:

Spoiler
"Arctic Armour has had its physical and fire damage taken when hit reduced at high levels. By gem level 20 they are reduced from -189 to -161."
-> The only reason this was nerfed is shit PVP again.

"Cold to Fire now has a mana cost multiplier of 110%, up from 100%."
-> Any reasoning here other than PVP again?

"Increased Critical Damage now provides 50% critical strike multiplier, up to 69% at gem level 20. It now provides 0.5% critical strike multiplier per 1% of quality."
->Not saying crit damage didnt need nerfing, just going to list it

Passive Tree:

Spoiler
"Cast speed in the Witch and Shadow starting areas has been reduced."
-> GG nice so you balance starting points by nerfing the good ones instead of fixing the shitty ones.

"The mana regeneration on the Energy Shield and Mana Regeneration Witch starting node has been reduced."
-> .... reduced REDUCED REDUCED

"Many critical multiplier bonuses and some critical chance bonuses have been reduced."
-> again crit deserved it but all i read during the patchlist so far is reduced reduced reduced -removed- reduced...

"Block chance has been reduced, replaced, or removed throughout the tree. Spell block in the Witch area has also been reduced slightly."
-> Tripple Kill, this is a special 3 hit combo: reduced - removed - reduced, nice one 4 of my builds got oneshoted by your 3 hit punch combo and im not even into PVP (not in this game).

"Acrobatics now grants 30% less block and spell block."
-> I take this as an enhancement of a combination of removed and reduced its like Less = (reudced * removed)², GGG is getting really creative here.

Last but not least the only nerf that i appreciate myself showing me that GGG doesnt cater to the 50 elitists for a 100%

"Atziri's Acuity: The modifier that makes leech apply instantly on critical strikes now has it apply instantly at 60% effectiveness. Existing versions of this item are affected by this change."
-> Still best in slot godlike item, anyway GOOD JOB

TLDR:
Spoiler
The disparity between the casual joe and the nolifer (pvper) got even bigger in this patch all for the sake of economy right GGG? Also balancing PvE aspects of the game for PvP for the minority no lifer PV-fucking-P crowd is a big mistake, you reduced the quality of experience in the game for 91% of players to cater 9%, i hope for you that your economical *hint freemium* calculation is going to work here

End of Rant

shields wont be legacy since the base items are getting value changes, or did all items get legacy when they nerfed armor/eva/ES values on them in 1.2? no they didnt.

also im not sure if cloak will be legacy, the others will become legacy tho.
"
[Removed by Support]

To a normal player,nerfs,legacy items,etc don't matter,why ? because we start from zero anyway when the ladder resets,ZiggyD has a new unique coming this patch,it's flavor text is extremely accurate about how PoE functions,

When the wind blows
Know which way to bend
And watch the others break

[Post Edited by Support]
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Dec 12, 2014, 5:33:04 AM
"
zzang wrote:

Their economic impact was severe? seriously?

Yea, that one was surprising. I wonder what they mean by "severe economic impact"? Maybe that the average Joe could finally craft some decent (not OP, just decent) weapon and not having to involve himself in the rmt/botting economy pyramid (too much)?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Thread locked while moderation takes place.

Unlocked now. Please keep any posts you make civil and constructive to the thread. Antagonizing other users doesn't contribute to the discussion, and only serves to escalate the conversation into negative territory.

If you have any questions about this moderation action, feel free to PM me or e-mail us at support@grindinggear.com, and we'll address your concerns where we can.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Dec 12, 2014, 5:43:53 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
zzang wrote:

Yea, that one was surprising. I wonder what they mean by "severe economic impact"? Maybe that the average Joe could finally craft some decent (not OP, just decent) weapon and not having to involve himself in the rmt/botting economy pyramid (too much)?

Especially considering that hybrid mod wasn't the problem in the first place, Elreon's master mod is the original culprit.

Frankly, I always thought the hybrid crafted mod was a bit too high, if they just nerfed it a bit and got rid of Elreon mod it wouldn't be such a problem.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I'm massively disappointed in these patch notes.

Almost everything nerfed and nerfed in a huge way but almost nothing buffed.

It's like when ggg halved templar shields and left shadow shields with shitflect. It didn't make anyone use shadow shields, it just nerfed everyone. I can't believe evasion shields got nerfed. Seriously?

This patch is going to be more of the same. No ones going back to using rare chest armors because the problem wasn't addressed. Everyone's just going to suck a bit more now.

Puncture damage halved? What the fuck? ANOTHER SRS nerf? Block reamed utterly. The best thing the masters did was allow 2nd tier weapons to be crafted for 10 ex instead of 100 ex and that gets removed because "economy". C'mon fucking really? So now only serious nolifers get a half decent weapon and dedicated players can fuck off? Witch nodes nerfed after just being buffed a little while ago?

So basically everyone still has to play exactly the same, just worse.

I HATE patches like this. Across the board nerfs, poorly thought out nerfs, and almost no buffs or changes to mechanics that would improve life or address why certain things were "op" to begin with.

Nerfs should be used rarely and when something is seriously fucked up.

I'm guessing I'll log in, and find my witch went from like 11k dps to 6k dps or some horseshit if I dared use a similar build.

Sometimes I really want to just say fuck this game and the balance yo-yo.
hey, you forgot almost useless for melee builds Blood Magic keystone and its Mortal Conviction= 50% less mana reserved instead 60% ! --> REDUCED...

in total: BIG +1 for the autor
and btw i'll try 1-2 builds after the 1.3patch and if i fail /the chances are good to fail/ i'll leave the game and i hope many players who don't like this patch to do it too, until the next big patch at least...

GGG, better fix these sh1ts as soon as possible, because you have to be removed by this 1.3patch!
wtf, you're going to ruin the game :X
"
raics wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
zzang wrote:

Especially considering that hybrid mod wasn't the problem in the first place, Elreon's master mod is the original culprit.

Frankly, I always thought the hybrid crafted mod was a bit too high, if they just nerfed it a bit and got rid of Elreon mod it wouldn't be such a problem.

Pretty much this. Crafted what weapons I could with hybrid mods to have use of them later, and honestly this whole nerf was poorly thought out. Heck, many of the nerfs went a bit overboard (especially shield block) and this one in particular is just silly...economy-related and nothing else. Bullshit...absolute bullshit.
i kinda find it hilarious they put the worst aura node closer to duelst.

i mean that is nice and all but it wont keep anyone from skipping it , 12% aura effect and a measly 4% reduced reserved is still positively skippable for every non low life build in the game.

half my builds take the str node next to it and i still wont get that bubble.

fuck that noise , 8% reduced reserved or that node can go away.

as for hybrid weapon mods , you bet your ass it was severe, peeps were making 400 dps harbingers instead of 330s because of that mod.

it was crushing the market into a fine pulp.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 12, 2014, 9:25:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info