Actually, I don't want to play anymore, GGG you lost my respect, BTW pvp? why?

I feel so stupid to pay those dollars to buy packs.

Can't image how to play a safe build in HC anymore.

Even with the old block and MoM , it's so hard to survive in endgame.

The rich people win again.

I came to POE because i dont want to grind like do my jobs, to check in , to punch the clock everyday.

But now the game turn up to be another WoW,

You need to work so hard everyday to even survive,

Your gear and skill become sh*t after every Patch Notes,

And the GGG is going to be another Blizz?

Totally sh*t, GGG, your grace and respect of the ARPG and its ture lover are corrupt by money even worse than VAAL.

BTW

I dare say the PvP is going to be sh*ty again, if i want to play PvP ill go to play Dota2 or Lol, even Hots, GW2
Why i play PvP in this game?

within the "super good" desync and "stable" connection problems?

SOME QUOTE:

quote "Fallen_Azrael"

I've read nearly all posts till now, and I must agree with many of them. And some of the clearest i had collected, summing their arguments up. Because I think some of you guys can't even imagine what those changes means for players who cant spend >35h a week. I can play 1-2 hours a day, summing up to max 15h a week, and I still try to have fun with this game).

"
"
Chris wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
So much hate for this patch, hope it changes once they play it.

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

This is the danger with describing the key content in advance - that the 8 new gems, 26 new uniques and such are already old news when considering the balance changes. There are plenty of awesome new builds, especially now that there's more parity between them. I'm personally excited to make a level 28 Raging Spirits PvP character and a Static Strike Templar as my regular character. Seems like it'll be two Templars for me this league :P

Its nice that you are excited about your changes and are verry happy to make new chars.

I DONT like to make new char and have the personal challenge to bring one char to 100. As a cant play so much like streamers and have to earn money for my family, this patch is the 3 who make this more and more impossible.

I can understand, that you guys are interested to play leages and make new chars. But there are also people who love the char they build and optimised with the time they spend on it and the currenci they throw in.
And THEN. You come and destroy it. And say. Hey its not a problem. make a new one.

If you feel its to easy to play with the new skills or builds are to strong, make mobs in higher lvl stonger or give them abilitys like ingnores all block or reflect 100 % of phys and/or ele dmg.

Destroying chars with changing build enabling things in skilltree and or gems is in my opininon not the right way.

so i can only quote Ziggi and say hey you say what i feel in the last 3 updates.

"
Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

I have the same Problem. I played a char ad HC for the last 3 month (and replayed it as he dies at lvl 80 due to some beyond hell breaks loose action beyond the screen). I could bring it to lvl77 yesterday and had spend most of my currency for the items and right socketing. I can't even afford a 6L (or even 5L...).
And now: it's dead-nerfed. It was a 1H+Shield Infernal Blow with low damage and armor. The only thing why it was playable (without high end items) was the high block.

"
fuzzybearz wrote:
I can understand GGG's rationale for making the game content harder through various nerfs as stated that the "content is gradually drifting to be easier and easier as more skills/options are available to characters".

As always, we have to see the parties involved and how it may affect them:

1. New league characters
Content becomes harder due to nerfs, but since everyone starts on equal ground, it is equitable to all.

2. Standard characters
i. Starters (Those who just joined, or are joining the game)
Nothing to lose, but it is going to make the game more challenging for them.

ii. Intermediates
Have been playing for sometime, the nerf hits them badly, but still acceptable since they have not amassed enough equipment for a particular build. Possible but rather expensive to change build.

iii. Advance
Hit the hardest. These are the players who have reached 77/78 mapping stage, have perhaps amassed a few dozen exalts worth of equipment and dumped everything into their build. These are the players who have their builds destroyed because their decent damage becomes thrash.

iv. The at-least-one-mirror-worth-of-equipment
"Oh wow, my damage halves. Its alright, I'm still owning the game contents."

Who benefits the most relatively? Yup, you got it right, the extremely wealthy who can and will exacerbate the wealth disparity further as they are the ones who can now exclusively clear end-game content while the advance players, who had a good chance to do so to, now can't.

As argued above, I think the ii. Intermediates were hit hardest. When the only end game character, who sums up all good items, isn't playable anymore, then what left for those players? Spenging again several month to reach the funny endgame again? That's very, very frustrating! Even more frustrating than dying to any hard mob because the character isn't even standard viable anymore!

The next comment argued this point very well:

"
ilenoc wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.

There are two types of players in POE:
[1] Competitive no lifer – Dedicate themselves to this game. Can reach level 80 in first day of the new league. Will probably have 6 link shavronne’s at the end of second week. Deal 3million dps.
[2] Regular gamers – Who can play max 2-3 hours / day. Still couldn’t kill Atziri or Uber Atziri. Just looking the pictures of Acuity gloves…

Consider how many percent is in the first group and how many in the second group. You only care about the feedback from the first group who is already face rolling every content in this game. How will the characters of second group survive from all these defensive nerfs? For second group it is even becoming more difficult to achieve the end game farming.

If you still want second group to continue supporting PoE, think about it Chris... I have enough challenge already. I want to succeed in my struggle. Stop taking it to a further point every time.

And what are 75% Block against 100% damage evation due to become not hit as a ranged character who kills every mob whith one shot? How would it be possible to play a HC melee character? Every hater-hater in this thread said "don't whine, learn to kite!". For example Optee:
"
Optee wrote:
"
ilenoc wrote:
"
Optee wrote:
Absolutely 100% of people crying here haven't played the new patch. Just wait for it, check it out, then decide what to do. And everyone talking about tornado shot / flameblast, no one is making you play it. You don't have to play the BEST skill, play the most enjoyable skill, and fucking wait to test it out, don't cry to get attention and up-votes.

Are you for real? So what will happen when I play the game? After all those block and defensive nerfes, is there a chance that my characters survival increase? Do I really need to play to see the obvious?

I haven't said it will increase, nor have I said it will be unplayable. Learn to kite, maybe the reactive skills will give you the power to push through, maybe something else. The point is I haven't said anything good or anything bad, I just said wait and test it.

I must agree with ilenoc at this point! If a melee kites, he can't strike. In order to hit, he must take hits. So melee handicapped anyway. Now the discrepancy is even bigger! I can't see any way (for an intermediate and below player) to play melee characters in hardcore

Instead of nerfing characters who makes this game aviable for intermediate players, there should be more and other challenging end game content. Odoakar explained it well:

"
Odoakar wrote:
Chris, I know you played D2 quite a lot but I don't think you ever understood what made D2 such a special game and why it's still being called the greatest hack'n'slash.

If you think the game is not challenging enough, then add more optional content like Atziri and high level maps. Make it so that people who want challenge, can find it there, and those who don't want challenge, can play the vanilla part of the game.

D2 was fun because at the end game you would be obliterating the content. It was fun. It was enjoyable. You would destroy Act 4, and then you'd either go for Ubers or you'd do dueling. Those who didn't find that challenge enjoyable would reroll another character, wanting to see if they can destroy the end content faster with that build then with the previous one.

You keep nerfing and nerfing content, while we still have 4-5 maps in rotation over and over again. You don't touch Flameblast which is by now the worst offender. You destroy people's builds and make them less inclined to create new builds.

[...]

Last edited by Invisible_Hand on Dec 12, 2014, 5:01:54 AM
I'll vanish when a new game comes forth.

GGG has lost my support.

Until a new game comes out; Well I'll continue playing PoE then jump off the ship when something good comes.

Mmmmh... maybe I should go back to consoles lmao

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I'll vanish when a new game comes forth.

GGG has lost my support.

Until a new game comes out; Well I'll continue playing PoE then jump off the ship when something good comes.

Mmmmh... maybe I should go back to consoles lmao

Exactly how I feel atm lol, they have fucked up the balance on a few things but hey, lets fix it up by nerfing everyone and particularly the 1%ers again that showcase their GG as fuck faceroll everything set up with 5000 exalts in gear :D. Nerfing everything and the market is possibly the worst approach to their problem.

As for the OP's, the patch notes' nerf targets are actually the geared to the teeth players, so even the rich does not win this one, it has shaped up that those who strive to get gg gears shouldn't feel strong at all, so yea, we nerf you, and you and everyone as well!1!!
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
i feel you. huh. kinda sad :(
Good god I gave them a lot of money jeez that's like a bunch of games right there.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
l2p guys, holy shit, i survived endgame without all that fucking MoM/block and whatever. its not needed, even a normal evasion build was good enough for endgame. im literally getting mad just by reading your senseless BS. yeah, better leave, nobody needs whiners like you in this community.

EDIT: sad thing the playercount will go down by 80% or smth if all whiners quit, but im fine with that, as long as the community doesnt get MORE toxic as it already is. fckn d3 fanboys.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Dec 12, 2014, 3:06:54 AM
Yeah,i really dont know how to play HC anymore with all these nerfs to defences.
Now,melee is 100% not viable in hc with block kill.
Last edited by And1111 on Dec 12, 2014, 3:08:02 AM
I'm all for game balance, but this utter blanket of nerfs all over the place was going to far in my personal opinion. I will be on the lookout for a new game where I can endlessly throw my cash at as this patch will take the fun out of PoE for me.

You will get a lot of flak for this GGG and rightfully so.

PS. No, I'm not a acuity owner.
+1
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
l2p guys, holy shit, i survived endgame without all that fucking MoM/block and whatever. its not needed, learn to EVADE STUFF. im literally getting mad just by reading your senseless BS. yeah, better leave, nobody needs whiners like you in this community.

Lookie here forks, a person trying to sugar coat it bahaha.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info