Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

I can understand GGG's rationale for making the game content harder through various nerfs as stated that the "content is gradually drifting to be easier and easier as more skills/options are available to characters".

As always, we have to see the parties involved and how it may affect them:

1. New league characters
Content becomes harder due to nerfs, but since everyone starts on equal ground, it is equitable to all.

2. Standard characters
i. Starters (Those who just joined, or are joining the game)
Nothing to lose, but it is going to make the game more challenging for them.

ii. Intermediates
Have been playing for sometime, the nerf hits them badly, but still acceptable since they have not amassed enough equipment for a particular build. Possible but rather expensive to change build.

iii. Advance
Hit the hardest. These are the players who have reached 77/78 mapping stage, have perhaps amassed a few dozen exalts worth of equipment and dumped everything into their build. These are the players who have their builds destroyed because their decent damage becomes thrash.

iv. The at-least-one-mirror-worth-of-equipment
"Oh wow, my damage halves. Its alright, I'm still owning the game contents."

Who benefits the most relatively? Yup, you got it right, the extremely wealthy who can and will exacerbate the wealth disparity further as they are the ones who can now exclusively clear end-game content while the advance players, who had a good chance to do so to, now can't.
"
Chris wrote:
Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.

There are two types of players in POE:
[1] Competitive no lifer – Dedicate themselves to this game. Can reach level 80 in first day of the new league. Will probably have 6 link shavronne’s at the end of second week. Deal 3million dps.
[2] Regular gamers – Who can play max 2-3 hours / day. Still couldn’t kill Atziri or Uber Atziri. Just looking the pictures of Acuity gloves…

Consider how many percent is in the first group and how many in the second group. You only care about the feedback from the first group who is already face rolling every content in this game. How will the characters of second group survive from all these defensive nerfs? For second group it is even becoming more difficult to achieve the end game farming.

If you still want second group to continue supporting PoE, think about it Chris... I have enough challenge already. I want to succeed in my struggle. Stop taking it to a further point every time.
"
ReddoHoku wrote:
Dear god, so much hate for this patch. There are even people who go as far as saying they'll never play the game again!

I honestly can't understand this way of thinking. Don't you people enjoy making different builds and trying out new stuff? Because that is like... the main focus of this game.

Yes, some things were nerfed. But can anyone honestly say those nerfs were unfair? Does anyone actually believe that being immmune to damage 75% of the time without breaking a sweat is ok? Do people actually believe that one shotting 99% of the mobs in the game is ok?

GGG, you did a great job, please don't feel discouraged by all the criticism. Change is good, balance is good, and will eventually realize it.

Being immune to damage 75% is ok because RNG
Who are these people 1 shotting mobs and why do you think everyone is doing it (because we are not)

Monsters can 1 shot us why can't we 1 shot them?

Your ment to get BETTER as you play more and level GGG seem to think your ment to get worse?
Patch looks awful. Nerf after nerf after nerf.

SHouldn't the point be to have fun? How can someone have fun when you start reading patch notes and go 'hmm, this is nerf to my build. THis also. God damn, this is a huge nerf, I'll lose 25% dps. Oh man, this nerfed too? And this? What's going on...".

I'll just say that I planned to stay awake all night to play the patch, but now there's no chance, going to bed at my regular hours.

"

Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills.

No, it's not. You're not buffing certain skills by nerfing other skills. You are nerfing good skill and making everyone play with bad ones.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 12, 2014, 2:07:23 AM
"
ilenoc wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

There are two types of players in POE:
[1] Competitive no lifer – Dedicate themselves to this game. Can reach level 80 in first day of the new league. Will probably have 6 link shavronne’s at the end of second week. Deal 3million dps.
[2] Regular gamers – Who can play max 2-3 hours / day. Still couldn’t kill Atziri or Uber Atziri. Just looking the pictures of Acuity gloves…

Consider how many percent is in the first group and how many in the second group. You only care about the feedback from the first group who is already face rolling every content in this game. How will the characters of second group survive from all these defensive nerfs? For second group it is even becoming more difficult to achieve the end game farming.

If you still want second group to continue supporting PoE, think about it Chris... I have enough challenge already. I want to succeed in my struggle. Stop taking it to a further point every time.

I agree with this sentiment pretty much. Difficulty should be through mechanics changes. It seems like "harder" means "takes longer to kill" and builds that take a long time to kill stuff are boring if the mechanics of the fight aren't engaging and challenging (click, click, click).

There have to be better ways to appeal to both groups of players than applying nerfs. If casual players that don't have the best gear are in the minority then I'm ok to just shut up and deal with it though.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
Chris wrote:
small nerfs to the strongest skills

crit multi gem

149% to 79% is 47% nerf. You and I have a very different meaning to the word small.
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Whole game upside down becasue pvp adjusting and rngeesus knows what else(happy random).

PoEs logic:
Do more characters-> they will buy more slots. Make them die easier->they will start more new chars when disapointed with existing ones. Stack more, even crapiest unqies cuz all will become triple legacy-> they will buy thousands of stashes for them. Mix everything every 2 months<-do it or impatient brats will get bored. Give them slightly more DPS <-keep them hyped.

And remember war is peace and unstable, upside down every 2 months league is perma league.
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
"
Some of the changes may not work as you expect - please let us know your feedback after trying out the update.

Can tell you now without trying that my Incinerate build is dead at first sight of a pack of lightning thorns casters...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Thank you GGG! Keep up the great work! I caan't wait to find out the next flavor of the league builds for 1.3!!!
On my command, unleash hell.
Patch notes look pretty good, can't wait for the release at night :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info