Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

"
Chameleon wrote:

Ziggy made a good point that there wasnt anything really "positive" in the patch notes like a small buff to a less used skill or something to get people excited about a new build.

that's not a valid point and incredibly short sighted.

8 new gems, 26 uniques (which can be build enabling), auras affecting totems, the new multi property passives allow for more character utility, crazy passives new passives like "celestial punishment" which is basically the tamming, the templar tree rework is insane. there are a lot of positives and possibility of new builds.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
I'm very excited for the new leagues and see these changes as essential for the long run - ESPECIALLY in light of Act 4 coming out sometime next year.

I do agree with you that releasing info about the new skill gems prior to the patch notes may have dampened the excitement some around the new additions as many people saw that as "old news", relatively.

New mob abilities, pvp, balance, new gems, new uniques, new tree, HYPED!

Find it funny how everyone who is happy with these changes doesn't have a character past 85. Game is being balanced around people that can't even clear 74 maps. Instead of adding more maps, harder mods, different monsters, they just nerf people who knew what the hell was actually going on in endgame.
"
MugsyBoges wrote:
Find it funny how everyone who is happy with these changes doesn't have a character past 85. Game is being balanced around people that can't even clear 74 maps. Instead of adding more maps, harder mods, different monsters, they just nerf people who knew what the hell was actually going on in endgame.

I am happy with these changes.
I'm doing a fresh install. Is the new patch up yet?
"
Whoaness wrote:

Around 2h40m before you can grab the patch then another 2h before you can start playing.
I'm excited to see some change. I have a feeling a few of my builds will be broken but w/e. The bleed nodes around Duelist seem interesting, I wonder what we can do for a bleed/poison duelist.
I'd really love to see the numbers on how many people actually PvP. To me it always seemed like an extremely small portion of the player base. I think most of us are here playing the game to PvE with friends because this is really the best PvE experience around. I've been playing since early closed beta and I couldn't give two shits about PvP.

I'll reserve too much judgement on the patch for now although I will say that I disagree about the decision to make all skills better by nerfing the good ones. To me it just seems like the lazy way of doing things. It's a whole lot easier to nerf the good skills into the ground and not risk them being crazy overpowered than to take the time to buff the bad skills and make sure they don't become overpowered.

Also as a melee player I can't help but feel that once again the game is being balanced around casters. The block nerf at least to me was not needed for melee chars especially considering that we will now clear slower.

If you want to make a mechanic that is broken for casters and not for melee then nerf it but give melee a notable that gives it some resemblance to it's former self. I think you guys need to look at melee and casters as two different species and consider making nodes that give X% incresed X when wielding a melee weapon ect ect.
"
Khisanth wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

Around 2h40m before you can grab the patch then another 2h before you can start playing.

"
12:00: Realm goes down for two hours (during which time you can patch the client).

You sure?
Looking forward to this, thank you GGG

I've actually stopped playing for the last 2 weeks as I was just bored. Other than Uber Atziri there was nothing else challenging in this game anymore for me. Multiple builds that can one shot lvl 78 maps was getting repetitive and no more leauges to play was a bit boring.

The nerf hammer will defo help me find another challenge in this already awesome game! Keep up the good work.
IGN: Munkehboi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info