1.3.0 Patch Notes

1.3.0 Nerf Notes LOL
GGG Logic 101:

Step 1) OMG The players have found something that actually works! What do we do?

NERF IT INTO THE GROUND!

Step 2) I think the previous nerf was too hard, no one is using said thing any more. What do we do?

BUFF IT BACK TO USEFULNESS!

Step 3) OMG that thing is useful again quick NERF IT BACK INTO THE GROUND!

Step 4) Go to Step 1

This patch is trash. I'll pass.
Patch1.30 HYPE is DEAD ALREADY
If you see this, docLeave
What bothers me most is not the acuity nerf, because the item is still really good. But the way you butchered crit multi gem. Granted, it needed a nerf, but you almost cut it in half.

The irony is that Chris said they wouldnt touch crit this patch in an earlier podcast, lold
thank you GGG for this patch... you lost a supporter...

almost everything just got nerfed for what... f*cking PVP

from now on should we call this game as Path of Nerf ?!
not everbody is a HC player or playing in party...

all in all the message of the this patch for me is: "Have fun... elsewhere"
"
lvluralvlasa wrote:
"
PerpetualWar wrote:
So Tornado Shot, which is completely op, hasn't been nerfed, but Dual Strike which is not, was. Completely loco.

Tornado shot, I've never used it but looking at it with low if not the lowest damage scaling among bow skills(correct me if I'm wrong). But yes maybe they could nerf damage from the arrow that scatter after the initial hit.

Tornado shot is good don't get me wrong. but if i had to guess as to why it wasn't nerfed. It would be because I think the OP impression it gave everyone was largely due to how easy it was to attain a ridiculous bow. (which they did nerf)
I'm not going to hate on the patch but as someone that doesn't PVP, I honestly can't see anything coming that has me excited for the new leagues. I'll play but this will be the first time there's been nothing i'm particularly looking forward to trying or experiencing :/
"
PerpetualWar wrote:
So Tornado Shot, which is completely op, hasn't been nerfed, but Dual Strike which is not, was. Completely loco.

You haven't seen my dual strike build.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Got to say that the nerf to base block percentage on shields doesn't make much sense to me. As is, passive shield nodes have been nerfed hard enough that you can't efficiently raise your block percentage. To try and do so costs too many points, which means you wind up losing out on more health and resists, making you overall easier to kill, rather than harder. Not to mention gutting your DPS. You're best off going for something like 20% at most from the passive tree at best. And with the base percent, that means you're looking at 46-50% or so block rate, before Tempest Shield and any special item bonuses. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

By lowering the base block rates, you make the block passive nodes that much worse, especially the 1% ones. Going from something like 12% to 14% reduces incoming damage less than going from 30% to 32% (and hence why nobody uses staves for their block %).

And worst yet, nothing has been done to change why people used shields (2h sucks, mobs that hit too hard).

I expect GGG is going to wind up buffing block in the future. Probably in the passive tree. Because this is all pretty poorly thought out.
Last edited by Mudpony on Dec 12, 2014, 2:36:56 AM
"
Bleaq wrote:
The amount of cry before even trying it out is staggering... yearh nerfs all over but come on..
New epic builds will emerge and we will copy them and feel OP as allways.

If you just wanna melt everything without really having to think or press more than 1 button there is a great game out there called D3.. you get OP as shit within 2-3 hours.

I for one switched because i thought i wanted to be OP but found out that the road getting there is what is really fun.. so yearh D3 lasted a couple of weeks for me and with these nerfs hopefully PoE will continue to last for a loooong time:)

So, what's the feeling when you see half of your worthy items became shit and cannot sell for over 5 exalt each? And for those epic build I will have to sit on my chair again and keep mining for like 200-300 hours again to actually get enough currency to build a new one.

And what is the point to make Cyclone slower really? Why nerf bleeding mod? It's already shit there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info