PvP Balance and Damage Scaling

"
Fallen_Azrael wrote:
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
Very glad to see Acrobatics got rebalanced based on PvP damage because clearly PvP mechanics should filter out into the PvE game......Resolute technique is only 100% better since it completely defeats evade, but yes dodge obviously needed a 30% block reduction in addition to it's other (2) penalties - it's now by far the most penalized keystone.

Still geeked about the update but seriously this was not as well thought out as this thread indicates. If block is too powerful in PvP, retool how it mitigates player damage - not the amount of block in the tree.

Joyously awaiting the next rebalance that sees most of this changed right back.

100% agreeing with this.

ha :)

So you think that 50% spell dodge/40% dodge/super high evasion/ and 50+% block was ok?

You could facetank any pack in high end maps and using coil made you even tankier. But sure, they only nerfed the best pve defense mechanis combo because of pvp o_O oh wait...
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Dec 11, 2014, 7:44:54 AM
maybe most of the new skills are for pvp only
Slight twist on things... does the damage algorithm vs. players apply to Bandit PKing (when you're in the Bandit camp with another player and you choose different options..)?
Last edited by dandan88 on Dec 11, 2014, 7:49:48 AM
What the fuck, you nerfed the shit out of passives because of pvp? This sets a frightening standard.

"
andkamen wrote:

You could facetank any pack in high end maps and using coil made you even tankier. But sure, they only nerfed the best pve defense mechanis combo because of pvp o_O oh wait...

underrated post

No really guys, you cry that they nerfed block/dodge combo because of pvp?

Really?
It was really fucking boring playing max block builds though.. You couldn't die unless you were brain dead. Lvl 93 Aegis marauder, lvl 93 max block incinerate.. no real surprise they are my highest lvl HC character when both have 78/78 block and >5.5k life and 80 resists.
Last edited by dandan88 on Dec 11, 2014, 8:01:23 AM
"
wow u guys are actually doing the whole

IT DEALS THIS AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IN PVP
WE WON'T FUCK WITH IT IN PVE

Route

Good on you.

Goddamn, I'm so happy about this.

Seriously guys, good call.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Since the last nerf to Bear Trap was partly motivated by its abuse in PvP, can we have Bear Trap's damage increased now in PvE? I miss good ol' Bear Trap.
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Fallen_Azrael wrote:
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
Very glad to see Acrobatics got rebalanced based on PvP damage because clearly PvP mechanics should filter out into the PvE game......Resolute technique is only 100% better since it completely defeats evade, but yes dodge obviously needed a 30% block reduction in addition to it's other (2) penalties - it's now by far the most penalized keystone.

Still geeked about the update but seriously this was not as well thought out as this thread indicates. If block is too powerful in PvP, retool how it mitigates player damage - not the amount of block in the tree.

100% agreeing with this.

So you think that 50% spell dodge/40% dodge/super high evasion/ and 50+% block was ok?

My doubts with this patch are, that each justification about the changes are "PVP balance". So, it seems that they don't even have PvE in mind when they playtested the new passive tree.
I'm not the uber-pro-player, so i don't know each possible character with high block. But the build you're speaking of is just one OP block-build. The correction of Acrobatic had nerfed this build enough to fix it. And if nerfing Acrobatics didn't last, DW-blocking could be adjusted, too. But armor-based builds blocking with shield (you know, these things originally invented to BLOCK) don't deserve the nerf due to their lack of other damage mitigation and less DPS.
Now, Maraudertanks have no real defense against any non-physical damage.

And if it's boring for you to play a max-block char, then don't do it. But destroying one of the last cheap HC-viable melees for players who can't spend >35h/week in PoE isn't very user friendly.

(Sorry about my not-so-good english, I hope my point is understandable.)

EDIT:
Other Chars have "over 1000k DPS" as defense, other the "50% spell dodge/40% dodge/super high evasion/ and 50+% block" you've spoken about, but many builds have only block. They pay for their high block with lack of dps and resulting from that a very slow map clear speed. I think the price is enough.
Last edited by Fallen_Azrael on Dec 11, 2014, 8:48:28 AM
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Fallen_Azrael wrote:
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

100% agreeing with this.

I have a few high end evade/dodge characters and the random hits that do get through back-to-back (keeping in mind I have closer to 60% attack dodge 30% spell dodge with 55% evade and 50% block 4.5k+ HP) almost kill them in high level maps. So letting another 15% of the hits through (roughly) will likely actually kill them. The right side of the tree has nearly no regeneration and dodging kills 50% of both ES and Armor already - all you have left is block. It's not the strong 30% NERF that makes this a terrible balance - it's this nerf COUPLED with a nerf or elimination of EVERY block node on the right side of the tree (except 1 which takes 5 points to get). So instead of getting: 30% (average) from your shield and 20% (average) from your tree you're getting 30% (again average) from your shield and 9% from your tree - which is then cut down 30% for a grand block total of 27% - that's assuming you invest at least 7-10 points in getting to/acquiring block nodes. Furthermore, getting 50% spell dodge and using Lightning Coil is ITEM reliant - this means it's the actual items, not the tree, that need balanced. As per usual, high end uniques with overpowered mods are driving balancing - this is counter-intuitive. Uniques should be designed and balanced around the tree - not the other way around. We ALL have the tree to work with, only top-end players consistently have top-end uniques to work with.

That being said, I'm just ignoring the crap block nodes and re-balancing my evasion builds based on not having significant block.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info