PvP Balance and Damage Scaling

Since "D", damage dealt per hit, is the only variable that is standing by it's own I assume it's that.
Strangely enough, when do the math for some fairly realistic values, I get closer to -75% physical reduction for LLD, -60% for elemental.

For someone attacking with 5 aps for 5k dps:

(1000dmg / 0.2atkspeed / 125)^0.61 * 125 * 0.2atkspeed = 237.24 dmg

"
NickK_GGG wrote:

Riposte*: 60% less damage in PvP, and 2 hits per time, so T divided by 2.

LOL 60% less damage, how strong is this skill? :D
"
Juzzbe wrote:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

STRONG.

And for those of you wondering, it's only for dual wield. I think I'm allowed to say this for clarification purposes.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

With 1.3.0, damage scaling has changed. It has been split into two algorithms -- one for physical damage and chaos damage, and one for elemental. In low-level play, damage is reduced by about 20% for physical skills, but is increased for elemental damage to compensate for assumed resistances. In high-level play, the damage reduction is much sharper.

Elemental damage was in the most part decreased for low level play when compared to the previous damage formula.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
"
Juzzbe wrote:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

STRONG.

And for those of you wondering, it's only for dual wield. I think I'm allowed to say this for clarification purposes.

Interesting, I wonder why they didn't specify it as a DW skill in the news post. Maybe they are planning to make it work for shield builds too?
Oh boy, those are promising news. I am so glad you guys started to balance pvp up.
IGN: RichMightyWitch
Interesting read even from an PvE perspective.

I think there's even something to be taken away for PvE balancing:
Monsters typically are also more dangerous when dealing physical damage, especially when they deal it via a spell, thus taking evasion out of the picture.
I'd really like monster physical damage and players basic mitigation (be it armor or evasion) to be balanced in a way that you don't feel super squishy whenever your char doesn't have tons of: spell block, spell dodge, IC uptime or very specific uniques.
Not to say that the basic forms of mitigation should make you too damage resistant without serious point investment.

But that's just my opinion.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
bis "random company" 2 year ago saying: nah we cant do pvp because this is an arpg and we cant manage to balance things.

now days GGG says: Here we go, lets PVP!!! XD

AAAAAAAAAW YEAAAH thx
there will be an app on poearena one of these days that will help you calculate exactly how much damage you deal with a given skill for pvp.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
If players one shotting each other makes you reduce damage, and nerf block, then reduce monster damage as well since the block change is global.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info