6 slot items

Hi, it is possible to up an item to 6 slots with Jeweller's Orb ? I tried at least 40 orb on my weapon, and max i get was 4 slots. I know my item can have 6 slots ( Queen's Decree ). The item is unique and item level of my weapon is 63. Am i doing something wrong ?
It is still possible to get 6s since the ilvl is 50 or higher. You just need to use a lot more jewels to get it done if your luck is average. There are cases that it can take 500+ jewels to possibly get a 6s, but those people are just really unlucky.

If you use Vorici's crafting table, 350 jewels will guaranteed you a 6s. Of course, you can get it done in less, if your luck is average or higher.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 10, 2014, 5:03:38 PM
it is possible to 6 socket it with jewelers. It is just not that easy to get.

source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_level
Thanks for replys :) i will stack a lot of Jeweller's and try my luck
It takes about 300 Jewellers average to get a 6s and somewhere around 1200 Fusings for a 6-link. Having quality on the item also increases your chances a bit. The Vorici crafting costs about 20% more for most options (350 Jewellers for 6s, 1500 Fusings for 6L) than what you would use up on average but it has the huge benefit of giving you a 100% chance of success.
That being said, some options are usually much cheaper if you do it yourself. This applies mostly when you have more sockets than what you need to link like for example going for a 5L on a 6s item. Vorici costs 150 Fusings for that and if you would try going for a 5L on a 5s you'd use up around 120 average. But since there are two possible combintions to roll a 5L on a 6s (connect either the upper or the lower 5 sockets), your actual chances are a lot higher and more around 1/80 - and if you are extremely lucky you could even roll a 6L.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info