Burning Arrow

I want to play a ranged on the new league and i was wondering if a crit burning arrow prolif would work.

I would start as a shadow, take as much crit as possible, a bit of phy damage, some ele damages nodes and DoT nodes.

Now my question is, would it be viable or would i need to put my arrow into a trap to do decent damages?
"
Obso1337 wrote:
I want to play a ranged on the new league and i was wondering if a crit burning arrow prolif would work.

I would start as a shadow, take as much crit as possible, a bit of phy damage, some ele damages nodes and DoT nodes.

Now my question is, would it be viable or would i need to put my arrow into a trap to do decent damages?

It works, either go for AoF or use black gleam coupled with a pyre maybe?
I did it back in the day with Aof and black gleam to get 100% conversion but it should be better nowadays.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
You can always use Ice shot with 3 dragons. It works very good.
I had a descent ranger doing this with a descent bow, and also trying to do overkill via Herald of Ashe.

But honestly, flameblast and it's 12x multiplier was a lot better for ignite in my experience...

But then, I should of had a slower bow that hit harder if I really wanted to prolif ignite, and overkill.

Crit and Crit Multiplier also help if ignite and overkill are what you are after.

Don't get me wrong, I build a very good Merc Piety farming character. But not a level 78 map character.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Dec 12, 2014, 2:40:13 PM
My build: Smokin' a ranger crit (patch 1.2) with nice gear ripped everything apart including Atziri.

You'll have alot of fun proliferating ignite.

In 1.3 you'll have abit less crit multi from the gem. and a rumi's flask won't work that well as before. That won't stop you though.

safer (HC) route would be marauder and use a chin sol bow to trap the burning arrow gem.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Dec 12, 2014, 3:20:02 PM
Thanks for the answers guys !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info