[1.3.0] Perfect 2H Mega Tanky "True Marauder"

yo what's up everyone, character name is inspired by True Detective series haha
anyway, for upcoming patch I planned what I believe is the best true marauder possible

what I mean by this:
- super high offence and defence
- super high raw melee physical damage
- super high life and armor
- 7 endurance charges
- maximum physical reduction
- high resistances straight from the tree
- any valuable perks you can get along the way

and what I created is this monster:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4xYY8bY9kjEWD38jM9fP-8OFCBQRzkOCZaXeeRR8i8aPikufLhXDfGs-Ou77ZHOz352rOoYnsU7O3dTUeZBPyE0tC-CB9l8FHE6Ug48pBm2LCXfG_oYkbyfFE38S2CRZ1jkrQHnhmAnIIoiLPshVV4T705hUgUtYEt07XrvEuGi6nKp9zK3PsauPC3E9hynGNdTpf4K2L2mVzGeOuHyRf5UDc0rUBzOPQ-GOxT2Op0ki3y7Otgt0uw4GjiQVScvPAWaO4Kbn9_vfMBmBLOiAPAfaPJ82cCmB3XcPf6PNZJN458-DF_yQSfV

some highlights:
- 218% increased max life
- 339% increased armour
- 471% increased physical damage with maces
- 44% increased attack speed with maces

- 32% physical damage reduction (from 7 endurance charges + SoS node)
- +62% elemental resists [70% fire] (with endurance charges)
- 7.6% life regeneration per second (with endurance charges)

- 20% increased damage against enemies on low life
- 24% increased aoe
- 19% reduced mana cost of skills
- 8% more area skill damage (from Amplify, right?)
- 100% hit chance
- culling strike on stun

how do you people like it? can it get any better?

there is really only one node which I must grab and total waste point to get through (8% elemental damage on templar side) as far as I can see.

of course this is complete tree for a 100lvl char with all quests done and bandits reward 3x oak. it's for you to decide which nodes can be taken last.

I really appreciate any suggestions about how to make it stronger!

cheers everyone and 1.3.0 2 days left HYPE!

oh I forgot to mention, this is good for:
groundslam/infernal blow/molten strike to aoe
heavy/lightning strike for bosses
Last edited by ziew on Dec 10, 2014, 3:10:06 PM
"
ziew wrote:
anyway, for upcoming patch I planned what I believe is the best true marauder possible

what I mean by this:
- 7 endurance charges

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAe4xYY8bY9kjEWD38jM9fP-8OFCBQRzkOCZaXeeRR8i8aPikufLhXDfGs-Ou77ZHOz352rOoYnsU7O3dTUeZBPyE0tC-CB9l8FHE6Ug48pBm2LCXfG_oYkbyfFE38S2CRZ1jkrQHnhmAnIIoiLPshVV4T705hUgUtYEt07XrvEuGi6nKp9zK3PsauPC3E9hynGNdTpf4K2L2mVzGeOuHyRf5UDc0rUBzOPQ-GOxT2Op0ki3y7Otgt0uw4GjiQVScvPAWaO4Kbn9_vfMBmBLOiAPAfaPJ82cCmB3XcPf6PNZJN458-DF_yQSfV

some highlights:
- 339% increased armour

- 24% increased aoe
- 100% hit chance
- culling strike on stun

there is really only one node which I must grab and total waste point to get through (8% elemental damage on templar side) as far as I can see.

of course this is complete tree for a 100lvl char with all quests done and bandits reward 3x oak. it's for you to decide which nodes can be taken last.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Scion life wheel. It's a huge node investment, and you end up losing out on a huge amount of damage because of it.

For the same number of nodes, with this tree you lose 20% life in favor of 65% armor, 20% reduced extra damage from crits, 119% increased damage, and 20% attack speed. 20% life is all of 300 life. You'd honestly end up with more survivability just by killing things faster.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIBo-7w58uFBHKS7kUfGsl3lXDQmWkc45Drvt-OvqGBRxUeb3MnasDjzZfHdTtC9yqXzZz346UoIHOzshNMT2VamtjYZgvJ8b-vJBnsVBPz0Pl7RhUhiR_Esl3ySLHM5qAe9OFE22LDqdfLsrUKLqXhMB56QZFPY62A3NEuEhVWBL5K2GO-w4LdL-VGEh3D0s-wUtZ1g0jicvqScHdYoieu9gkWvZkFV4esCmJyB07WDEr2waOKmUaPKHaoTZ8B_KkEd-ogDpRr02BLOK8GVNwGbEgr6nn9_vfBnp

I also have to point out that your math is incorrect. You're adding staff damage/speed into your mace calculations.

And no, you don't have 8% more area damage. It's increased, meaning it's additive with all your other additive scalers. You can treat it pretty much as 8% increased physical damage on Ground Slam.
Last edited by Languidness on Dec 10, 2014, 3:32:39 PM
looks great for ground slam :D
Last edited by Lucasbt on Dec 10, 2014, 3:44:44 PM
"
Lucasbt wrote:

You go axes and destroy everything with cyclone. If you use ground slam - you're a stationary target, more likely to get hit by projectile and spell attacks, while staying away also doesn't take benefit from your +350% armor.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
"
Lucasbt wrote:

You go axes and destroy everything with cyclone. If you use ground slam - you're a stationary target, more likely to get hit by projectile and spell attacks, while staying away also doesn't take benefit from your +350% armor.

You're also immensely prone to desync, unable to operate around corners and small obstacles, and don't have the ability to kite particularly dangerous mobs.

Trade-offs.

Nothing against Cyclone - I've made like 6 Cyclone characters - but Groundslam and Cyclone both have their own ups and downs.
Last edited by Languidness on Dec 10, 2014, 4:00:11 PM
Spoiler
"
Languidness wrote:
"
ziew wrote:

what I mean by this:
- 7 endurance charges

some highlights:
- 339% increased armour

- 24% increased aoe
- 100% hit chance
- culling strike on stun

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Scion life wheel. It's a huge node investment, and you end up losing out on a huge amount of damage because of it.

For the same number of nodes, with this tree you lose 20% life in favor of 65% armor, 20% reduced extra damage from crits, 119% increased damage, and 20% attack speed. 20% life is all of 300 life. You'd honestly end up with more survivability just by killing things faster.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIBo-7w58uFBHKS7kUfGsl3lXDQmWkc45Drvt-OvqGBRxUeb3MnasDjzZfHdTtC9yqXzZz346UoIHOzshNMT2VamtjYZgvJ8b-vJBnsVBPz0Pl7RhUhiR_Esl3ySLHM5qAe9OFE22LDqdfLsrUKLqXhMB56QZFPY62A3NEuEhVWBL5K2GO-w4LdL-VGEh3D0s-wUtZ1g0jicvqScHdYoieu9gkWvZkFV4esCmJyB07WDEr2waOKmUaPKHaoTZ8B_KkEd-ogDpRr02BLOK8GVNwGbEgr6nn9_vfBnp

I also have to point out that your math is incorrect. You're adding staff damage/speed into your mace calculations.

And no, you don't have 8% more area damage. It's increased, meaning it's additive with all your other additive scalers. You can treat it pretty much as 8% increased physical damage on Ground Slam.

You pointed out some good advices, after consideration I'm likely to do a mix of your and my tree
It will go like that:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIBo-7w58uFBHKS7kUfGsl3lXDQmW2WHSIZHOOQ6tjfJBz36CB3as2XzqGBRxUeb3Mg48d1O0L3KpfNk6Ujs7ITTE9lWphmC8nxv6nsVBPz0Pl7RhUhiR_Esl3ySLHM5qAe9OFE22LDqdfLsrUF4TAeekGRT2OtgNzWBL5K2GO-w4LdL-VAUtZ1gZ6TSOJy9672CRYMRr2ZBVdO2vbBo4aPLwH6IABLPAZp_f73yi6hLhYSGpJ3h6qZSHaoTZR369NmVNvqeCmyFVLPuKIicg3D0HdcCm_9PyL5Bs

This version has 32% less life, but 47% more armor and 111% more damage.
you also dropped 27% resists total, which I hold
I also got rid of this one bad templar node
oh and there's now also 68% ias instead of initial 44%

this should be better I suppose
Last edited by ziew on Dec 10, 2014, 4:34:33 PM
Why wasting points on armour scaling? As a 2h char you will barely have any base armour to scale ... endurance charges and immortal call are the only way to stay alive as an endgame 2h melee.

350% inc armour @ like 2,5k (assuming good chest, helmet) would give you ~10k armour. That may look nice on paper (and for small hits it is, but you will leech enough to counter them anyway) but for the really scary hits it won't help you at all since there's the stupid mechanic of "armour pierce".

Grab life, grab charges, go max dps and hope for the fast kill ...
Last edited by DerDave on Dec 11, 2014, 9:09:20 AM
Also, by the time you'll have all the resist nodes you probably won't need them. Resists are not that hard to get on gear, in the one week race I had 120+ resists with maybe 20% total on the tree, not to mention some chaos resists(I got the chaos on gear because degen hurt me a lot as I had a low lifepool).

You should get 5k+ armour but in reality you get endurance charges to mitigate phys damage and to trigger immortal call (even more phys mitigation).
Last edited by Draqone on Dec 11, 2014, 9:34:27 AM
"
at all since there's the stupid mechanic of "armour pierce".

How is that stupid? Or anything that actually makes sense is stupid in a video game.

On: Looking over your build, kinda saved 4 points. Drop the entire unreleting nodes, 2 life nodes, 2 0.6 % life regen nodes and got champion of the cause with Potency of Will and ended up with 3 more points to use compared to your build (ending at 117, mine does at 114 - 117 is really high, you should end about 112-113)

http://poeurl.com/y8jpgsR
Last edited by Wulfstan11 on Dec 11, 2014, 10:03:36 AM
Why none of you invested into Potency of will and Exceptional Performance for 90% extra duration for skill effects? Immortal call and endurance charges is going to be your only survivability end-game. Double duration on those is more than all the armor nodes in the entire skill tree.

360% armor? Are you joking?

Ground slammers, huh?
What gems are you planning to use on a 4L? Groundslam, blood magic, Multistrike, Inc Aoe? Kinda shitty damage I'd say.

P.S. Probably softcore players, right?...
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 11, 2014, 10:04:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info