Life% Nodes On The Left Side

Spent some time playing with the new tree changes for Mara, Temp, Duel trees. I don't think the available life% nodes for Mara are enough for his intended role as a class (2h dmg dealer\tank) in comparison specifically with the Templar. The way the tree is organized pushes all classes in some way to follow a path towards another class tree, for Mara that is towards Duel and\or Templar.

First of all the immediately accessible life% nodes for Mara are inferior (not quite but enough) to the respective life% nodes accessible for Templar. I'm not including wheels like the Constitution life wheel which is equally accessible for both classes, just what is available in the immediate starting area and slightly beyond that area.

Secondly, lets say that as a Mara I would like to spec for Whispers of Doom on the Templar top side. Following that path from the utmost left line where we get the Mace Stun wheel we can get some potent life% nodes plus the endurance charge. After that point we still have good options to make up for the trip because the Witch tree next to him is quite well designed. Example, continuing from Whispers of Doom I can go towards the Alchemist wheel for flasks (quite powerful) & grap Cruel Preparation & Deep Thoughts for Life and Mana respectively.

In contrast lets say that as a Mara I want to spec for MoM. The transition from Mara to Duel tree is quite inefficient at the point where it splits both trees with the line that directs towards the Constitution Life wheel & Duel doesn't have any potent life% nodes on the bottom line that leads to MoM, even the Golem's blood wheel is very badly placed. The good stuff of the Duel is at the center where you get that combo of life,mana,master of the Arena & Art of the Gladiator. If you want to take Iron Reflexes and the endu-charge you can but you must spend more points that start to make the trip expensive.

Lastly is the placement of that great two handed wheel below Golem's blood. I just can't fathom why such a wheel shouldn't be placed exactly between Mara & Duel, is Duel considered more of a 2h class than Mara? I would think they are both of the same 2h potential.

In any event I don't observe this kind of inefficiency when I travel as a Mara towards Templar top and a little to the Witch (because the design gives you room to maneuver) like I do travelling from Mara to Duel (where the design confuses you more than helping you easily follow an efficient path).

I actually always get slightly more life% travelling towards Templar & Witch rather on what I get traveling towards Duel.

Sorry for the long post.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
spend more points that start to make the trip expensive.

Lastly is the placement of that great two handed wheel below Golem's blood. I just can't fathom why such a wheel shouldn't be placed exactly between Mara & Duel, is Duel considered more of a 2h class than Mara? I would think they are both of the same 2h potential.

And when u got to travel to both Templar's and Duelist's area to pick life nodes u end up with not enough point to pick those nice 2h clusters under Golem's Blood.
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
"
And when u got to travel to both Templar's and Duelist's area to pick life nodes u end up with not enough point to pick those nice 2h clusters under Golem's Blood.

They made some micro improvements since I posted this but the observation about that 2h wheel still stands.

What you say is true & the only solution I found so far in order to take at least half of that 2h wheel (Executioner notable passive) is not to attempt to go for Templar's life nodes just take whatever life you can from Mara\Duel and stop there. That is assuming you are not after some Special Keystone towards Templar's Tree, if you do then its a problem.

It would also be a problem if you wanted to achieve 200%+ life on your final tree, I just can't see a way to do that and not gimp your damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info