* 10 life to 12
* 4% attack speed to 5%, and 3% to 4%
* 3% cast speed to 4%
* 20% mana regen to 30%
* 18% elemental resistances to 20%
* 10% spd to 12%, and 6% to 8%
* 2% MS to 3%
* 6% MPD to 10%
* Path of the Warrior from 12% to 16% physical damage and +20 Armour instead of +10
* Path of the Hunter from 12% to 16% projectile damage

And please, switch cast speed and spell damage, the current position doesn't make much sense to me at least.

Solution two: a bit more elegant...

Spoiler

And please, switch cast speed and spell damage, the current position don't make much sense to me at least.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Solution two looks pretty cool. Scion doesn't need very powerful starting nodes, her strength should lie in her starting location.

For solution 2:

I prefer those notables as it is in those circle clusters. Changing it from one side to another side will not make a difference for Scion (if you go life, you will most likely get all of them either way and etc), but will make it inconvenient for other classes to get those notables. As a duelist/marauder/templar, I rather spend two points to get Constitution. As a templar/witch/shadow, I rather spend two points to get Foresight. As a shadow/ranger/duelist, I rather spend two points to get Reflexes.

I rather go with solution one.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I think the devs should be very careful buffing the Scion. When she was first introduced, she was pretty much the go-to class for spellcasters and a bunch of other archetypal builds. The Scion isn't supposed to excel at typical melee/archer/caster builds - she's supposed to be for those weird cross-tree builds where none of the usual starts make sense, and I think she still does the job here. Maybe a small buff is OK, but her nodes should definitely be weaker than other classes to balance out the flexibility.
How to make the Scion more desirable

Less talkative, woman doesnt shut up, like ... ever.
"
Razab wrote:

That's because she has far too much baggage. She really needs to go see a therapist so she has someone to talk to about her issues.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 2, 2015, 5:50:24 PM
#scionportraitmasterrace

As silly as it sounds, her portrait/avatar being infinitely more aesthetically pleasing is the main reason I play scion-only.

Oh, I guess her flexibility in being able to run virtually any build (with minor tweaking/slightly less efficiency) is attractive, too.

On a serious note however, I think she's in a better place now, and GGG has to take great care in any additional buffs. Some of her starter nodes did get buffed in the last patch, and she has always been supposed to be a niche character. Jack of all trades, master of none, and all that.

IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
They need to rebuff Scion a little.

Your "solution 2" is how the skill tree used to look, and they specifically changed it to what it is now. They are unlikely to revert it.

Getting down to the numbers, here is my proposal:
Life node from 10 to 12-14.
Spell damage outer nodes from 6% to 8%.
Movement speed nodes from 2% to 3%, add accuracy%.
Elemental Resistances from 18% to 12%-15%.
Melee damage from 6% to 8%.

Everything else can stay the same.

I have my own idea how they can change the 3 large defense circles, which removes one node from each bottom side and combines the stats. So instead of 7 points to go through the bottom, it would take 5.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
I agree to swapping the spell damage and cast speed nodes around, its currently dumb to go through cast speed to get a spell damage notable and vice versa.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Razab wrote:
How to make the Scion more desirable

This

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info