Any MF Veterans around?

Hey Guys!

After several leagues of being poor as hell and fighting for every chaos orb I thought I might try to change my tactic. I'd normally choose a build and try to improve my character slow and steady. I don't have alot of time to play, so the highest I ever got was 85. I felt pretty comfortable running 74 maps. Never did any higher content. I usually find an exalt or two and the best unique I found so far was a Andvarius ring. I did never own more then 3 exalts at the same time.

I was asking myself if it's actually worth it to play a pure MF character (still being able to run dominus / low maps). And if so, is it better to run dom over and over again or are maps more profitable? Are there items that can only drop in let's say lvl 70+ areas (besides the atziri stuff)?

Maybe you can tell me your experience of having a MF character compared to a normal character. Are you progressing straight forward with your MF char or do you just use it to fuel another char?

I'm happy about any feedback that you can give :)
Pure mf? Nah m8 unless you can rely on 100% having a party

Dom farming is about 1 ex per hour with good mf so decide for yourself here, personally it gives me ebola and cancer so I would just map unless early league gearing.

The best option is go really hard on clear speed with about 150 mf if you go primarily solo, if the build allows it 200+ is golden.

What does that loook like? 40% MF on the helm, 45+ on the gloves (Aurseize), some on jewellery, IIR culling - if your main build allows it then your main build just got 10x better.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Dec 8, 2014, 3:19:27 PM
Hello

In my Opnion: Best strategy is to have another account for MF, as it would be probably too weak to rush or crazy expensive to build a strong char w/ high MF

So, any char w/ DOM waypoint w/ high MF will do, I call mine Mr Culler :)

and my main account/char can rush through DOM's dungeon and (almost) kill dom in seconds

and then just open TP for the other char cull it :D

hope it helps :)
WTS - IRL Superior Determination = PRICELESS

Last edited by HarleyCabral on Dec 8, 2014, 3:21:55 PM
Ok so it's better to run maps than to solo farm dom. I havn't put much thought into a specific build to maintain a decent killspeed but I'm sure there are alot of guides out there. Thanks for your help!
Just go tornado + puncture build, focus on crit and move speed and focus on clear-speed.

+ roughly 5 exalt worth in currency in my stash of the 1 week race, excluding the gear my character has.
(which would be another 35+- exalts)

I did get lucky but still, clear speed trumps mf imo.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
That's insane @Boem! I felt like my SRS Witch had a pretty decent clear speed in Rampage.

"
HarleyCabral wrote:
Hello

In my Opnion: Best strategy is to have another account for MF, as it would be probably too weak to rush or crazy expensive to build a strong char w/ high MF

So, any char w/ DOM waypoint w/ high MF will do, I call mine Mr Culler :)

and my main account/char can rush through DOM's dungeon and (almost) kill dom in seconds

and then just open TP for the other char just cull it :D

hope it helps :)

That's interesting aswell. I guess your MF char stacked up quite alot of MF to make solo dominus runs alot more profitable.
I got lvl 91 in the 1 week race sir, so when compared to play-time vs wealth gain, it might be pretty similar to other experiences.

And like i said i got lucky, first time i ever dropped auxium or CoE in 2.5 years of play-time.

But overall i think i cleared 78 maps solo in roughly 4 to 5 minutes.

19k gmp tornado shot + 130% move speed (with adrenaline quicksilver flask) and just go ham on the content. And since it was a race i only looted a single inventory of rares per map unless i needed allts.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info