SRS Build Questions.

So I am completely new when it comes to playing any kind of summoner build. I usually play elemental caster type builds. For the new league I wanted to play something quite a bit different from what I usually play ( don't care for melee builds ).

This is the build I am basing my tree off of.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAGDy9J5M6CGf56Ni9_gq3PkGHSshuqrXyNZLPMlltX5ikOdCBR-Ii4hUgKk0_Jw18V8ko-oLHHarhiEZxtAzquoMJaqxakah90_ssnLiT6-5r2-yKfRhtGWpDwFQI9LzqXyrr5AQHTLNVxoPbxq6ApFXWZOcXL_rSHRSPRqcIL2_ZE3C77BjBxeNqFm-QVRo4wBpmnicvTbnMvPfXm6GFYKrE2wuCHohCJKqYrayYOlhrF5UgwfOmV03j_o826VNSRZ2a4MaeEH8MfQPuM4cdvjwt34pUrn3SIvQxnm-eykrDOksKt9lhBqk0

I have a few questions on how SRS damage is scaled. It seems it is basically half physical half fire damage.

So would nodes that are incresed physical damage like master of force wheel between ranger and shadow a increse to damage for SRS as well as Celestial Punishment/Judgement for the fire part? Would either of these wheels be worth changing some points in the tree to get to them? The build i am looking at is close to both, but I would need to loose some life or something to add them. Those nodes just seem awefully good or am I seeing it wrong for a SRS build?

Also there is a node right next to the scion life wheel that is 12% physical increase, is that worth taking, I am assuming plan phys nodes will add to SRS damage.

Thanks for any help and clarification on exactly how SRS works.
Only passives that specifically state that they affect minions work. Passives that are intended to boost player character damage have no effect on minions (note that totems are different in this regard, since they're considered spells as well).
So the only ways to scale/increase SRS damage is either by the minnion nodes, gems and any +to skill items such as a staff/wand etc?

If I understand what you said correctly is that basically there damage won't scale off my elemental or physical damage on my weapon?

Seems pretty limiting for scaling damage for the skill :(
Last edited by xssarinx on Dec 8, 2014, 5:35:24 PM
That's not necessarily true, there are many ways to scale this skill, actually it's among the best there is in that regard.

Passive tree:
* Minion damage and attack speed nodes
* Cast speed - more skulls in the field equals more dps
* Skill duration - hugely important, the longer they last the more time they spend hitting and less traveling, relative to total lifetime
* Aura nodes - unlike skeletons, spirits don't have innate elemental damage penalty so they benefit greatly from elemental auras

Gear:
* Staves with +1 gem level, +2 fire and cast speed are very popular
* They greatly benefit from more links

Supports:
* All summon supports work
* All melee and general attack supports work except WED (they don't use a weapon)
* Added fire damage (their base damage is physical that gets converted to fire so it scales well, which also makes MPD a good support)
* Spell Echo and to a lesser extent Faster Casting (you probably already got plenty cast speed on tree and gear)
* Increased duration is great if you didn't get both duration clusters, otherwise you got better options

Secondary skills:
* Auras
* Vaal Haste
* Desecrate combined with Flesh Offering once you got enough of them floating around
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 8, 2014, 6:06:27 PM
"
raics wrote:
That's not necessarily true, there are many ways to scale this skill, actually it's among the best there is in that regard.

Passive tree:
* Minion damage and attack speed nodes
* Cast speed - more skulls in the field equals more dps
* Skill duration - hugely important, the longer they last the more time they spend hitting and less traveling, relative to total lifetime
* Aura nodes - unlike skeletons, spirits don't have innate elemental damage penalty so they benefit greatly from elemental auras

Gear:
* Staves with +1 gem level, +2 fire and cast speed are very popular
* They greatly benefit from more links

Supports:
* All summon supports work
* All melee and general attack supports work except WED (they don't use a weapon)
* Added fire damage (their base damage is physical that gets converted to fire so it scales well, which also makes MPD a good support)
* Spell Echo and to a lesser extent Faster Casting (you probably already got plenty cast speed on tree and gear)
* Increased duration is great if you didn't get both duration clusters, otherwise you got better options

Secondary skills:
* Auras
* Vaal Haste
* Desecrate combined with Flesh Offering once you got enough of them floating around

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that, was extremely helpful as I am trying to learn how the SRS plays and works, appreciate it man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info