SoulToTheHighestBidder - A death poll for the 3 month hardcore league (circa v1.3)

I'll play a self-finding CI witch summoner (SoulToTheHighestBidder, or SttHB) in the “Bloodlines” 3 month hardcore league and see how far she gets. The player who comes closest to guessing at what level she'll die, where in the game, and to what enemy will receive the 8 best currency items she finds.

In case the winner isn't a hardcore player, I'll transfer the best currency items over to standard, if the winner prefers.

Rules for SttHB

Spoiler
1. She uses only gear that she finds, crafts, or buys from in-game NPC vendors.
2. She runs solo in the hardcore 3 month league (no dual boxing, no assistance from other characters).
3. I reserve the right to "farm" specific areas for levels and gear.
4. I reserve the right to assess a situation and not fight a specific battle (or finish up a particularly nasty map, or run a particular corrupted area), if the odds of survival look bleak. Also, logging out is an option, if overwhelmed.

About rule 4, I have no logout macro, slow reflexes, and fumbly fingers, so you can weigh the worth of the option to logout for trying to keep SttHB alive. But, I expect running away from battles to rarely occur, as overcoming challenges is what makes the game fun to play.

How do I make a guess?

Spoiler
Make a post containing your guess with the following details:

1. Character level at death (level 1 to 100)
2. Difficulty level and zone in the game in which she dies (ie: Cruel docks, Level 68 map, ...)
3. Act (mini-)boss or enemy type to deliver the killing blow (ie: Merveil, rogue exile, corrupted area boss, magic voidbearer pack, ...)

I'll add each guess into the pool of guesses made (see post 2 below for that information). Everybody gets only one guess and you can't make the same guess as somebody who guessed already. I'll treat a death in a corrupted area as a death in the zone from which it was entered, for the purposes of determining in what zone the death occurred.

To help for making guesses, I play solo, mostly in one kind of hardcore league or another, and I don't trade or engage in RMT. I've done a few dozen or so merciless difficulty Piety runs. But, I've not yet defeated Dominus on merciless difficulty, nor have I a taken a character beyond level 66 maps.

What happens after I make a guess?

Spoiler
I'll make posts about how the death race is going, as SttHB makes progress. When she dies, the death race ends, I'll post about the details in this thread, and I'll contact the winner to transfer the best available currency items to the winner.

Will this be streamed? Will there be video?
Spoiler
My computer is too slow for streaming. I'll post a kind of running journal for SttHB in this thread, instead of doing video.

Build plans and goals …
Spoiler
While leveling through normal and cruel difficulty, SoulToTheHighestBidder will be a hybrid life / energy shield summoner who relies mostly on raging skulls and zombies.

The longer term plan is to shift to zombies / spectres. I'm most likely to take the Chaos Inoculation passive for her after she makes it to merciless difficulty (if she does, of course).

Initial passives plan …

Long term goals for skills …
Spoiler
Chest slot – spectres
Head slot – zombies
Boots or gloves slot – reduced mana – clarity – discipline - ??? (Vaal skill or 3rd aura)
Boots or gloves slot – cast when damage taken – enduring cry – increased duration – immortal call
Weapon – flesh offering – convocation – increased duration (or Vaal skill)
Shield – curse – lightning warp – faster casting (or Vaal skill)

Switch weapon – desecrate – devouring totem – ???
Switch shield – leveling gems (ie: purity auras)

Unset ring – arctic armour

I'll need a little luck to find some of these gems, as not all of these are quest rewards. Daily missions for the Forsaken Masters will hopefully prove useful to fill in some gaps.

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Dec 14, 2014, 2:50:13 AM
The pool of guesses about how this death poll will end is in this post.

How to make a guess ...

Spoiler
Please remember that everybody gets only one guess and nobody can make the same guess as somebody else who guessed already.

Make a post containing your guess with the following details:

1. Character level at death (level 1 to 100)
2. Difficulty level and zone in the game in which she dies (ie: Cruel docks, Level 68 map, ...)
3. Act (mini-)boss or enemy type to deliver the killing blow (ie: Merveil, rogue exile, corrupted area boss, voidbearer, ...)

I'll treat a death in a corrupted area as a death in the zone from which it was entered, for the purposes of determining in what zone the death occurred.

Guesses to date ...

Spoiler
Normal Difficulty
porcoflic - lvl 2, Mud Flats, Rhoa
HikaruYami - lvl 18, Cavern of Anger, Merveil
Draeil - lvl 36, Upper Scepter of God, Dominus
Mivo - lvl 38, Upper Scepter of God, Dominus

Cruel Difficulty
Wazz72 - lvl 44, Weaver's Chamber, blue spider pack
Tenlaael - lvl 48, Ancient Pyramid, Vaal Oversoul
Titan_Uranus - lvl 55, Ebony Barracks, Pack of Bloodlined Humanoids (chargers, lite thorns)
PaperRat - lvl 54, Sceptre of God, Caliga
silenciaco - lvl 53, Upper Scepter of God, Dominus
fph - lvl 55, Upper Scepter of God, Dominus

Merciless Difficulty
zharmad - lvl 59, Tidal Island, Hailrake
Cantrip - lvl 60, Prisoner's Gate, Guardian of the Mound
chimpanzee - lvl 57, Cavern of Anger, Merveil
lemonades - lvl 64, Warehouse Sewers, "Bloodlined" Undying Dischargers (ie: with Shared Boon)
MacCabbe - lvl 64, Imperial Gardens, magic pack of bloodlined Avian Retches
brokenclone - lvl 69, Lunaris Temple level 3, Piety

Maps

SoulToTheHighestBidder died at level 75 in a Crypt map to a Living Blood boss on 01/13. dukediem is the winner of this death poll.

dukediem - lvl 77, Museum Map, The Fallen Queen
camapngu133 - lvl 73, lvl 69 map, Lightning thorns
SunnyRay - lvl 90, Apex of Sacrifice, Trio
blawa - lvl 75, Dark Forest Map, Devourer
Daidelos - lvl 77, lvl 73 map, Pack of Croaking Chimerals
Voidin_Blitz - lvl 85, Alluring Abyss map, Her Tittiness

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jan 13, 2015, 11:45:47 PM
Spoiler
- Lvl64
- Merciless Imperial Gardens
- Magic pack of bloodlined Avian Retches
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Spoiler
Lvl 77
Map lvl 73
Pack of Croaking Chimerals
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Instant PS!
Level 85
Alluring Abyss
Her Tittiness
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Last edited by Voidin_Blitz on Dec 7, 2014, 2:41:07 PM
Spoiler

Lvl 77
Museum Map
The Fallen Queen
Spoiler

The Scepter of God - cruel difficulty.
CLVL 55.
Dominus.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Level 55 - Act 3 Cruel, The Ebony Barracks - Bloodlined Humanoid (Lightning Thorns / Arc + Chargers) Pack :]
I'd go as far as to guess it will include uncapped resists and desync due to getting charged by everything.
Merciless Prisoner's Gate, due to The Guardian of the Mound. I'd guess level 60 or so.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 8, 2014, 4:46:25 PM
"
Voidin_Blitz wrote:
Instant PS!
Level 85
Alluring Abyss
Her Tittiness

Guessing that I'll make it to the Uber Atziri map with no trading, no RMT, and minimal experience at mapping might be a tad optimistic.

I suppose it gives me something to aim for, though. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info