[1.3] [Bloodline] Acro Ondar Dual-curse summoner

This is just my theorycrafted build for the upcoming HC league.

Feature :
- 170% life, +169life - about as tanky as your average HC bow build plus you have your minion wall.
- Gets all the usual minion nodes
- Mini Unwavering Stance via Heart of Oak
- Hatred, Haste, Purity
- Solves the usual DEX problem.
- Acro, Ondar, Phase - enough said
- Dual curse of your choice via EE Arc
- Enough sockets for CWDT setup

Transitioning into summoner @lvl53 as usual, around A3C or A1M
http://poeurl.com/y7LAhuV

Final build @ lvl90
http://poeurl.com/y7Lw8mM

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by asaroha on Dec 5, 2014, 3:14:38 PM
I gotta say this build looks promising, I was looking into running something safe for MFing in new league, wanted a normal summoner for long and fell in love with ondars & acro last league, so this is right in my alley.
[deleted]
Last edited by 360 on Oct 14, 2021, 3:41:52 AM
How do you get enough sockets for CWDT with this?
Lets say we have Helm (4link),Boots (4link), Gloves(4link), Body(4link), Weapon (3link), off-hand(3link) -
You need : -4link zombies,
-4link spectres,
-4link Curse on Hit,
-3link Generosity Hatred,
-3link Purity + Haste
and -4link Descecrate, Bone offering, Flesh Offering, Convocation.

Where is the socket for CWDT ?
I've been playin summoner for a longtime now and never got the room for CWDT setup.. (but it hasnt been a problem yet)
But I really love your idea of a summoner Acro+Ondar, looks great !
Last edited by fromspaace on Dec 8, 2014, 6:45:22 PM
"
360 wrote:
Hi there,
I really like your build and I am thinking about playing it as my first build in the new leagues.

On thing that bothered me tho was the fact that a Ranger won't get any of the gems needed for a summoner through quests. So I decided to rebuild your tree as a Scion with the same amount of points.

Cons:
- loose 5% life, 1% life regen
- loose 20% eva
- loose heart of oak stun avoidance

Pros:
- gain access to ALL minion gems through quest rewards
- gain 18% allres for easy gearing
- gain 8% chance to avoid status ailments
- gain 50 flat eva

Here is the tree for you:
http://poeurl.com/y71zZvr

Personally I find stun to be my #1 cause of death, hence to me Heart of Oak is too important to give up. Early on you really only need to level desecrate, auras, and zombie. Ranger gets desecrate, while Scion does not. The others shouldnt be expensive even in new league, except for maybe PoE.

If you want to go Scion though, I would strongly consider going out through the regen nodes instead of melee + resistance. You'll be using Aurumvorax for a long time that resist shouldn't be a problem. By the time you get a new weapon (probably Monty), the rest of your gear should already be good enough to not need the resist nodes.

"
fromspaace wrote:
How do you get enough sockets for CWDT with this?
Lets say we have Helm (4link),Boots (4link), Gloves(4link), Body(4link), Weapon (3link), off-hand(3link) -
You need : -4link zombies,
-4link spectres,
-4link Curse on Hit,
-3link Generosity Hatred,
-3link Purity + Haste
and -4link Descecrate, Bone offering, Flesh Offering, Convocation.

Where is the socket for CWDT ?
I've been playin summoner for a longtime now and never got the room for CWDT setup.. (but it hasnt been a problem yet)
But I really love your idea of a summoner Acro+Ondar, looks great !

You forget that a chestpiece can have 6 sockets, and that most of the support skills don't need to be linked. Therefore it should look something like this :

-4L : spectres, zombie, curse on hit, hatred+haste+generosity
-3L : CWDT EC IC, Reduced mana+purity+flesh (Flesh costs the most mana out of our support skills)
-1L : desecrate, convocation

The above setup is without any unset rings. If you can get 1-2 great unset rings, then you can even fit in animate guardian ( leer cast +dying breath), vaal haste/grace etc.
Last edited by asaroha on Dec 8, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
I was actually making a very similar build, based on hatred zombies + temp chains and also lol ranger summoner, but I ended up giving up on an acro build due to the difficulty of getting Leadership and mana. I can accept losing Leadership, but where do you find the mana to cast things?

I was also wondering what curses you were thinking of. I couldn't think of a damage curse that worked well with zombies, since vulnerability wouldn't scale the cold component of the damage.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
I was actually making a very similar build, based on hatred zombies + temp chains and also lol ranger summoner, but I ended up giving up on an acro build due to the difficulty of getting Leadership and mana. I can accept losing Leadership, but where do you find the mana to cast things?

I was also wondering what curses you were thinking of. I couldn't think of a damage curse that worked well with zombies, since vulnerability wouldn't scale the cold component of the damage.

What do you need mana for as a summoner ? Your most expensive skill is flesh offering at 33mana, 22 if you link it with RM. Fully lvled Arc costs 20 odds mana as well, and you can link as many curses as you want to it without affecting its mana cost since CoH does not have a mana multiplier. You can cast these all day with just Shaper and your natural mana regen. Your minions should not die except against the hardest of map bosses, and by the time you're doing Megaera and the likes you should already have upgraded to Montreguls for extra tankiness.

That said, on those rare occasions when you need to replace a few zombies, simply replace one of the support gem with blood magic, then take them out when you're ready to go again. Alternatively, just put Haste on a hotkey besides your raise zombie key, and turn it off whenever you need to resummon.

If you have trouble keeping your minions alive, try playing around with their links. Replacing one of the dmg gems with minion life (and later on empower) does wonder for their tankiness. With spectres, I find increased duration to be the most effective (as an added bonus this can be swapped with added fire during trash mobs).

As for curses, I like temporal chain + either elemental weakness or vulnerability for general map clearing. The reason being socket colourings. With BBBG 4L piece, I can swap to enfeeble + temp chain for really hard map bosses where curses actually matter. Normal mobs die so fast that adding an extra damage curse won't help clear speed much.

Last edited by asaroha on Dec 10, 2014, 11:19:36 AM
"
asaroha wrote:
That said, on those rare occasions when you need to replace a few zombies, simply replace one of the support gem with blood magic, then take them out when you're ready to go again. Alternatively, just put Haste on a hotkey besides your raise zombie key, and turn it off whenever you need to resummon.

Yeah, dying zombies was my main concern, simply because any time my zombies are starting to die, it's probably a relatively intense situation so I wouldn't want to worry about swapping gems. But then, I haven't played summoner that long, and I'm just getting used to using my animator flasks which make it so much easier to keep all my zombies alive. Enfeeble also seems like it'd make that waaay easier.

I'm guessing for spectres, if you're using inc duration, you're using evangelists? That's something I'll just have to play around with.

p.p.p.s. I don't know if you've seen this thread but DAMN so useful : http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2ospco/calculator_zombie_details/

edit: going next to necromantic aegis is the same number of points as going through sentinel, and necromantic aegis is unaffected by the acro changes ( http://poeurl.com/y8hfqgI ) whereas regular shields are, so going necro aegis seems really good
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on Dec 11, 2014, 2:28:35 AM
"

edit: going next to necromantic aegis is the same number of points as going through sentinel, and necromantic aegis is unaffected by the acro changes ( http://poeurl.com/y8hfqgI ) whereas regular shields are, so going necro aegis seems really good

Good call there. About to start this char now as my MF char just RIPed. Will update the guide after I progressed abit more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info