Axe crit nodes

Is Axes only wapon type wich don't have any crit nodes on the tree ?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Axes aren't natural crit weapons.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
What do you mean by "natural". Each one of wapon types have crit nodes staff, wands, claws etc... but not axes i think its stupid. Plus Axe dont have any implicit mod and there is non axe skill there. I think its unfair, Criting with axe sounds legit but its hard to build around that and i dont understand why axes are only one without crit nodes
Maces similarly get no Crit Chance clusters at all, and Swords have a whopping one cluster, plus another single 25% node (because Thrusting swords are Crit swords). There's a bunch of generic, one-hander and dual-wield Crit Chance nodes though, which can make for a fine Crit build.

Crits are roughly Int-aligned - swords, axes and maces are not Int-aligned, but instead favour mostly Strength and a smidge of Dex. Staves, wands, daggers and claws on the other hand are all Int weapons, and have a bigger selection of Crit clusters. Bows are a special case.
Similarly, Int-aligned weapons have a better natural Crit Chance; 6.2% and up, from memory.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 6, 2014, 11:56:17 AM
Sorry but You are wrong maces have a crit nodes. It doesnt meter if they have 1 node or 10 nodes. Evry single wapono type have specify crit nodes, but no axes, ok ther are some one handed nodes or somthing, but i don't see a point with no crit nodes for axes only. Axes are not very strong wapon type right now so its not a balance thing. Wapon specyfi crit noes are nice becouse you dont need to do crit build but you have some extra crita chance or multi. I am just sying. 8 wapon types only one dont have crit nodes, And it si not the most popular wapon type so i need to ask why ?if you where right and maces dont have any it will be ok then. But axes are only one, And i thin moderate DPS and attack speed when is no implicit is not enough axes need some love.... I am sad boy becouse of that. Sorry for my english

ps. And for RP point of view doing a devastating, strong attack with axe make sens...
Last edited by Czyrnek on Dec 6, 2014, 5:45:42 PM
Oh lol, yeah, I forgot about that shit between the Templar and Witch. My bad.
'Maces have one Crit cluster in no-man's land'.
actualy in 1.2 its 3 nodes 65% crit chance and 30% multi, you can think its useless but couple of builds propably use it. But you are missing a point. I was asking why evry wapon type have it and axes dont ?. No how usefull it will be, Axes are not so greate either way.
"
Czyrnek wrote:
actualy in 1.2 its 3 nodes 65% crit chance and 30% multi, you can think its useless but couple of builds propably use it. But you are missing a point. I was asking why evry wapon type have it and axes dont ?. No how usefull it will be, Axes are not so greate either way.
It is useless.

65% chance means you'll MAYBe be rocking a whipping 20% crit chance when all is said and done. If you can;t stack up to 60+% crit and 500+% multiplier then there's no point in getting the nodes. Ever.

Axes are not supposed to be used as crit weapons. So they don;t have crit nodes. That's it.
"Axes are not supposed to be used as crit weapons". So they don;t have crit nodes. That's it." I get it but still somthing is not right for me. I dont want to do some axe crit build and i am salty becouse i cant. My point is. Each one wapon type have some 7/8 but not axes so what you get in return? Aswers is nothing. And if axes are not supposed to be crit wapon, resolute tchnique is no brainer so why you have axe accuracy its kind a useless. All the fun from POE is in the possibilty theat you can try tu buiild evrything you want it may work or faild badly but you always have possibilty. I dont know how to phraze it in english. but in poe evrything has its counterpart you have 3 elemnts so you have bow skill and meele attack for each one so you shuldent have lightnig strike becouse lightnig is element connected to int. and meele atacks are strenght base... no you have all the option to do whatever you want it can wark good or not doesent meter. Axes have base crt chance same as maces and swords and i dont see a point why axes dont have any crit nodes. It dont need to be usefull just will be nice to have this option ther are lot of less popular or siply less good nodes and skills is there but its nice we have option maybe somone use it. "Axes are not supposed to be used as crit weapons" i understand but my question is why ?
Last edited by Czyrnek on Dec 7, 2014, 9:14:40 AM
There is, for al intents and purposes, one build in PoE. That is the way it has always been.

It's an issue. But axes not having crit nodes is completely unrelated. If they "don't have compensation" (they do, if they have no crit nodes it means that they have more other nodes) that's a minor balance issue.

Fortunately for GGG it's one they'll never have to address as long as they don't change Daggers.

So I shall redux. The dev's have designed axes implicitly as weapons which do not rely on crit. This is different form maces because maces are related to int skills (there are two kinds of maces). Axes are not, and they are not intended to be used for elemental effects or the like meaning that crit is inherently poor for them.

Rather than provide an "option" which is simply a trap (no more than the illusion of choice) they omitted it entirely. It's actually sensible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info