Crit Tornado or CoC Windripper ??? Need Build for 1.3

So, I'm in a dilemma on what to respec my Scion. I'm using Mathils Windripper Crit build and it't amazing, however the CoC Windripper build look just as good. I need someone that used both or the other to tell me which is better (survival, dps, clear...)

Note : Crit was nerfed in the new skill tree.
Last edited by Armagedon131 on Dec 4, 2014, 4:33:27 AM
C'mon guys !!
imo, i'd stick with windripper crit instead of coc version,

you'll only get -10% crit multiplier from passive, (from what i believe which is not that of a big deal)

and still get good elemental damage that scales well with WED gem, instead of increasing your crit chance and spell damage for coc build..

plus coc build feels really weak on single target and bosses, unlike the actual damage from 5-6linked tornado shot

i can be wrong, but i hope not.. im planning on doing windripper build in the new league, then make it low life when the 3 month ends
i am going to do mathil's build when the respec comes. Never played it before but i got most of the gear for it
IGN: ENGSYoKo - We're all gonna make it!
"
akosierin wrote:
imo, i'd stick with windripper crit instead of coc version,

you'll only get -10% crit multiplier from passive, (from what i believe which is not that of a big deal)

and still get good elemental damage that scales well with WED gem, instead of increasing your crit chance and spell damage for coc build..

plus coc build feels really weak on single target and bosses, unlike the actual damage from 5-6linked tornado shot

i can be wrong, but i hope not.. im planning on doing windripper build in the new league, then make it low life when the 3 month ends

It really depends on what spells you use. If you use arc, obviously you won't have amazing single target, but if you have arctic breath and fireball, you can have some insane single target because of shotgunning, or freeze pulse is great, even ice spear works well. Arc tends to be better for clearing since auto target etc. I have a pretty insane coc combo that is a secret, has the most powerful single target dps. To get the powerful single target you need to be close though, so that is your drawback there. You can honestly do coc builds without spell damage as well, if you shoot for max crit and decent accuracy and attack speed, you'll have such nice consistency that you won't mind at all.
Thanks for the feed back, i think ill stick with Mathils Crit, I tried the ''2million'' dps coc on shadow windripper and either my eq was wrong or it felt really weak as i couldnt kill the boss on George Map. Unless someone has a amazing CoC build for windripper....
I play coc characters for ages and I have to say windripper is the best option.
So far 5.5k hp, reflect - more or less not a big deal if you burst your shots, uber atziri - done without bigger problems

I can make a build guide if anyone wants (but no videos sorry, i play on a toster :) )
That would be great, could you post some screenshots ? and your gear ?
"
skulio wrote:
I play coc characters for ages and I have to say windripper is the best option.
So far 5.5k hp, reflect - more or less not a big deal if you burst your shots, uber atziri - done without bigger problems

I can make a build guide if anyone wants (but no videos sorry, i play on a toster :) )

Build-Thread would be awesome
Ah ok ill try to write one as soon as possible :)
I don't know if that would surprise you but my build doesn't use power charges ;)
I mean i use them to generate endurance charges through voll's devotion. I'll write about theory behind it in the proper thread.
For now my rich version on standard gear:

and tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4FtQYjDkgPqw_EEZYWvx9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSoLKjgqTTBxMHwx-jWSNj051DpCOuE7fD8nRXxKfUrIS1dLeE2STeNRR1FMUzVVS1b6W69d8l5FYeJirGSdZ6BsjG6qb55v8nBScNV293cHd9d9W38rf8aDCYbOhxOHdonTjAuMNo19jb-P-pLzl5ebtZyknaqgn6KjplepbqxHtDi1SLXyuMq5fMDjwTPBxcM6ykrUI9aK2L3dDd2o44Tjn-UZ51To1uv17BjssPGz8h3z6vrr-_X8xf4K_o__3g==

and poor version from torment:

planned tree (less dps, more hp, i'm currently 82 but that's what i'm aiming for)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBbUPqxUgFr8ZtCF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkwfDH6NZI2PTnUOuE_J0V8R35KfUrIS1dNkk3jUUdTNVVLVvpbr13yXkVh4mKsZU1noGyMbWxuqm-eb_JwUnDVdvd3B3fXfyuDCYbOhxOHdonTivCMC4w2jX2Nv5AKkvOXl5u1nKSdqqCfplewq7Q4tUi18rl8vTa-p8DjwTPDOsSCykrK09aK2L3dDeOE45_lGedU6NbssPGz8kXz6vrr-_X8xf4K_o__3ulGDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9WSd8h3UIw==

In short:
You have perma 90-95% crit, spells that don't crit generate power charge, on top of that comes crit from anything else which turns it to endurance charge. You get perma 3 charges which makes you immune to phys damage through the immortal call. Other charges are used by discharge which works not as a damaging spell but more like damaging aura which shatters leapers, devourers etc. Do not try to go to close range cause you don't need it.
as a solo play you shatter everything up to 78 maps almost instantly.
The single target barrage is a bit weaker but it works fine (it's way better on palace domi or atziri caus they are immune to knockback :) )
For quiver try to get something with add #-# fire damage for additional bonus from ingnite when using the tamming.
Vaal haste is for trolling party members. I don't really use it unless i want to set everyones pc on fire :) (vaal grace would be better)

Side note:
After the 1.3 coc changes this build is a bit less effective because of that 0.05s cooldown

Side note 2:
I think the new The Rat Cage could actually be better than belly of the beast but not sure.
Last edited by skulio on Dec 27, 2014, 9:51:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info