PvP Season One Manifesto Post and Community Unique Design Part 2

Its good to here from Chris that things are being tested still, which means things are being taken on board. no ones builds are gonna be exactly the same, but how things are the Duelist and Marauder feel worse then before, when they were already lacklustre. I think GGG is probably trying to be careful since in 1.2 pretty much everyone only played witch and shadow, this time they probably want it to be balanced, so are not trying to make the new areas obviously stronger.

As with block and the other nerfs, I'm sure that they have good reasons for them, some that we wont all agree with for sure. but I'm sure it would help a lot if we knew a bit more about why they were making those changes.
IGN: RegalForce
"
Kamro wrote:
Duelist start is terrible right now and the highway between duelist and marauder is like 5 points of nothing.

This is my thoughts exactly. As an RF maurader, I can't believe it takes 5 pointless strength nodes after bloodless to get to Golem's blood and Master of the Arena.
Please Don' t make a penalty to block with acrobatics.

Please reconsider the inclusion of Culling Strike in Skull Cracking. The loss of 8% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold is already a blow, but Culling Strike is a cruel way of eliminating the viability of permastun builds in parties with a dedicated culler.
"
BARL wrote:
With that in mind, it just boggles my mind why you have expended so much of what is so limited (talent, resources) on PvP in a PvE game. PvP is a sideshow. Serious PvP-minded folk play serious PvP games. No offense meant to the extremely small PvP crowd here, but come on. Is this really money, time, and resources well spent by your company?

You sound just like Wyatt Cheng here, eg. a game can be either good in PvP or PvE, but not both and it's a waste of resources and time trying to balance them out.

I think that GGG know quite well how many resources they have and need for what they are doing; if they will do the PvP part well, the PvP crowd will grow exponentially and we might even start seeing sponsored tournaments in an ARPG. If not, then those who play the normal game will still be able to play the normal game like usually.

Just give it a chance to grow before you start tearing it down ;)
GGG please, what are you doing for god sake!
Mara/Duelist already was less popular and objectively weaker than other start areas. And now they got another nerf. Less life, massive block nerf for DW and big impact on shields. I'm pretty sure, in new leagues AA/Coil will be mandatory for every build, since there is no more reliable defence mechanics.
Crit nerf well deserved, but it cant resurrect non-crit melee, especcially 2H. They are just weak and defenceless.
Still. Crit bow ranger with acro and coil > any melee char build around left skilltree side (even with mirrored gear)
crit multi nurf is ok, but please keep crit chance the same!!! plz chris
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
fix the duelist dual wielding skill tree,still got 1 week!

Pant of Exile,Path of Gamer.
This game is an illusion, player.
Cannot believe that nerf of block, my incinerate char will be totaly destroyed. So disappointed by this tree. That game is really not balanced if u must do so huge changes every 4 months, that's a pity. And that position of unwavering stance... naaah, also again some aura nodes harder to get...
Last edited by Gryzorrr on Dec 4, 2014, 7:30:28 AM
This tree totally ruins the viability of Cybil's paw especially for dual wield as the tree stands now. Hopefully they somehow make up for that.
Everyone has "to do" lists. Strange how guys lists are just a bunch of names...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info