How PvP Tournament Season One Works

"
Chris wrote:
"
ilenoc wrote:
Once it was told that GGG will allow players to create lvl 28 characters to participate in PvP events. How does level 28 characters obtain their items?

You can equip them with existing items.

(As a secret reveal, we're actually working on having the PvP-only characters start off with some default basic items that can't be traded, so that they can be used even if you don't have a stash full of PvP stuff ready.)
Are these events played from HC / Standard only or can we enter through the new challenge leagues that start on Dec 12?
Calling lvl 28 respeccs at pvp master!
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
"
Chris wrote:
"
ilenoc wrote:
Once it was told that GGG will allow players to create lvl 28 characters to participate in PvP events. How does level 28 characters obtain their items?

You can equip them with existing items.

(As a secret reveal, we're actually working on having the PvP-only characters start off with some default basic items that can't be traded, so that they can be used even if you don't have a stash full of PvP stuff ready.)

Is there anything stopping people from dominating with legacy items like 1000% facebreakers?
"
killtacular wrote:
would these lvl 28 characters be awarded with all the skill quests? 33/34 depending on bandits

Should be 41 points right? Since lvl28 can get cruel skill points.
"
Ebrelle wrote:
"
killtacular wrote:
would these lvl 28 characters be awarded with all the skill quests? 33/34 depending on bandits

Twilight Strand cruel is lvl 35...
This looks pretty fantastic...
Still confused about the level 28 characters...
Should I be rolling them now in standard/hardcore or will there be a special character slot that locks at level 28 I can use?
fucking amazing :OOOO
h y p e
"
Ebrelle wrote:
"
killtacular wrote:

I think the chars mustn't have entered cruel.

"
majesw wrote:
This looks pretty fantastic...
Still confused about the level 28 characters...
Should I be rolling them now in standard/hardcore or will there be a special character slot that locks at level 28 I can use?

jep, you can choose a new lvl 28 char to choose only for pvp.
Last edited by oggimog on Dec 4, 2014, 7:51:31 AM
"

Is there anything stopping people from dominating with legacy items like 1000% facebreakers?

Nope, i don't think so...
But keep in mind: A fragile (<1000 life) PVP character gets one shotted by a 800% Facebreaker as well. There won't be a big difference at all.

I don't know about the "free generated PVP Items" for specificly made Lvl 28 PVP characters. For sure, they are good for participation over all, but i hope that they are far away from "good" PVP gear in stats.
Some people play LLD for a long time, farming PVE gear and also crafting it, which can get pretty expensive. If everyone can now obtain pretty good PVE gear instantly, this would not be right i feel.

For example:
If i could get a ~150dps bow, or a ~180dps melee weapon "generated" for my character anytime, why should i bother farming for one, try crafting one or even try buying one?
If there will be good Resistance/Life gear available "for free", which caps out a chracter and provides a nice life pool, why should anyone should even bother creating his own PVE Character?
If there were all max. quality gems available to use for those characters, why should anyone even bother doing otherwise?

These are my thoughts about it. I hope GGG will handle this carefully.

Over all, i am looking foreward to it. I will participate in PVE, very casually (because Xmas, New Year celebrations in between), and i hope i t will be great fun for everyone!
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Dec 4, 2014, 8:13:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info