Vaal RF Build Gear - One-shots 78 map bosses

The build is unoptimized (should not be Scion for starters) but can be found at http://poeurl.com/y8bjjJt. Can one-shot any map boss with this gear (excluding two form ones obviously unless you have somehow souls for both, but can one-shot one of their forms).

Video of the build running through a 77 Shipyard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7njkPolPZI

The last potion is just for removing frozen and could be replaced with something more useful.
Last edited by Kapps on Dec 10, 2014, 2:42:01 AM
Updated with standard gear.
Not bad man, not bad!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
I wonder if you can turn on regular RF before you use Vaal RF, that could give even more overkill depending on how fast you can cast. Btw, I love those Kaom's Roots - now both your feet can't be knocked back!
Very creative. I commend you.
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
"
Schaller wrote:
I wonder if you can turn on regular RF before you use Vaal RF, that could give even more overkill depending on how fast you can cast. Btw, I love those Kaom's Roots - now both your feet can't be knocked back!

I think it might work, but at some point, more damage just ceases to be extremely useful. ;) Using a 6L and sticking in a Conc Effect (or replacing Inc AoE with CE if you need it for a boss) gives more damage than RF and is plenty sufficient. If there was ever an extremely difficult boss though, it might be a good idea. Ironically, for normal purposes Vaal RF and regular RF don't mix at all since Vaal Pact means no regen and Vaal RF might mean it automatically gets removed (untested, leech might prevent this). :P
Have you ever died using Vaal RF? Any freak accidents? Thinking about recreating it in HC, maybe need a bit more balls though.
IGN: somewittynamehere
"
5tr1k3r wrote:
Have you ever died using Vaal RF? Any freak accidents? Thinking about recreating it in HC, maybe need a bit more balls though.

I had one or two moments thinking "hmm, I bet if I stand in the exact middle I can hit all of these mobs in a far circle around me" that left me with 1 hp. :p I don't know how smart it is in HC, I'm not really a careful player when it comes to avoiding dying. The build does inherently stand in the middle of big packs, which is always risky. Also in some cases (second form Shrine Piety is the main one I can think of) where there are 0 mobs around the boss you won't leech much and have to spam seething flasks afterwards.

In other words, it might be risky due to the whole standing in packs (and second form Shrine Piety), but I don't play HC and don't play carefully so I'm not really certain. There's also no damage mitigation the way I do it, though you could use something like a Lightning Coil instead of Carcass at the cost of some AoE. Also probably could use a shield without too much harm, the damage is already overkill, would need to replace Inc AoE with Conc Effect for some bosses though. Luckily this doesn't lose your souls, so can be done by just carrying the gem around or in a different item.
Last edited by Kapps on Dec 10, 2014, 3:24:46 AM
Thanks for the answer. Wonder if any DoT is able to kill you while you cast VRF, I mean things like puncture or chaos degen or burning damage. Probably not, but if it's possible within some scenario (except the one where you hit nothing at all. obviously you would die right then and there), then it's a death sooner or later.
IGN: somewittynamehere
"
5tr1k3r wrote:
Thanks for the answer. Wonder if any DoT is able to kill you while you cast VRF, I mean things like puncture or chaos degen or burning damage. Probably not, but if it's possible within some scenario (except the one where you hit nothing at all. obviously you would die right then and there), then it's a death sooner or later.

I don't think this is possible. I'm almost certain I've cast Vaal RF while there were DoTs on me, and I've never died in any way as a result of casting Vaal RF (excluding once where I tried it on Shrine Piety's second stage in fire form and didn't pot after).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info