Black Friday Sale Extended to Cyber Monday! Also State of Exile Podcast Developer Q&A

Awesome podcast chris, thx!!
my english level is too low and Chris speaks quite fast, can someone kindly post a resume about what Chris told us in this podcast ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
There has been alot of comparison between D3 and Path of Exile. I have come to the conclusion that D3 is a sideline project from a massive company, where POE is the main product from a smaller independant company.

I think the amount of effort continuously going into this amazing game is widening the gap as time goes on,...

Well done Chris and the team. I will support you whenever I can!

Retweet on this. And this:

"
Malone wrote:
my english level is too low and Chris speaks quite fast, can someone kindly post a resume about what Chris told us in this podcast ?
Last edited by Samkiud on Dec 1, 2014, 7:25:00 AM
Awwww, finally made it trough a sale weekend without buying anything. Then you extended the sale and made me buy a supporter pack + allot of nice goodies on sale.

Money well spent though! Such a nice company with such great support deserves the support!

Keep up the good work guys, can't wait for the new league!
Chris said they'd like feedback on the trading matter.

How about an 1.5year old post, where we came up with the original idea of "stash tabs for trading"?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/415439/

Spoiler
#noonecares
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Dec 1, 2014, 8:13:21 AM
Chris youre the best. Really great podcast, as ever, cheers.

I like that you are considering making things evolve as leagues go on, its actually a post Ive been thinking about making in the suggestion forums for a while but couldnt really muster up the enthusiasm as I felt like it would probably be talking to a wall in terms of it being too radical maybe, but perhaps theres a capacity to humor the ideas over there at GGG hq.

More people watched that podcast than Ive ever seen there live on the night before, good to know it is still growing and growing with each episode. Thanks again Chris and all at GGG.
Glad to hear that people are taking advantage of this awesome sale, you guys deserve the support... I'll have to listen to the podcast again this afternoon as I was trying hard not to rip in the 1 week while listening live.

Keep up the amazing work, GGG! As usual, I can't wait for 1.3.0! :)
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Feedback on trading.

This may outrage some readers : ) but it's something that occurred to me a while ago, and the more I think about it the more I warm to the idea:

Fully automated auction house (buyouts, bidding etc) with a 75% (or up to 90%) transaction tax!!!

Yep!

This way, no flipping possible. But for the rest of us who want to play fair, we'll be able to make 4 to 10 times more sales, so our income will not be reduced (will need balancing, of course). We'll have to think carefully about what we buy, since re-selling items will make a big loss (needing to think more is good, right?)...

This removes the bartering activity (do we really want it for its own sake?) but makes trading infinitely easier while preventing flipping.

Of course, if we *do* want the bartering activity itself, then "scratch this"...

Edit: This system can be enforced, while also actually allowing a form of bartering, by (1) making auction house prices currency-only, and (2) allowing *item* trades between party members, but *not* currency trades. [Incidentally, I'd also vote to disallow map trading, making maps similar to quest objects, which can not be traded.]

Cheers
Last edited by sesquipedalias on Dec 1, 2014, 10:56:05 AM
I had over 2,3k points, now they're all gone :D

Also, I bought >100 Weta pets xD
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
There has been alot of comparison between D3 and Path of Exile. I have come to the conclusion that D3 is a sideline project from a massive company, where POE is the main product from a smaller independant company.

I think the amount of effort continuously going into this amazing game is widening the gap as time goes on,...

Well done Chris and the team. I will support you whenever I can!

Retweet on this. And this:

"
Malone wrote:

I bought the expansion today for 19 Euros (50% off). A few remarks:

- Gameplay is still a pile of s***. The runes are just a gimmick. Every player knows that there a only a handful of good skill/passives and some runes are simply just too good. There's little room for creativity here. Sure you can troll normal difficulty with a handful of crappy skills, but tell me how you fare in torment.
- Anyone who says desync is not present in D3 should be slapped by a humongous trout.
- D3 with ROS looks more and more like PoE instead of D3. Every little addition to the base game seems to be somekind of ripoff. Nephalem rifts is a blatant example. even the waypoints left the traditional D3 list to a map akin to PoE.

the good:

- Game is still extremely polished. Voice acting and skill effects really looks great.
- Drop rate is extremely generous.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info