Black Friday Sale Extended to Cyber Monday! Also State of Exile Podcast Developer Q&A

HYPE !
"
GooberM wrote:
"Leo's PvPenis"
You know this is going to follow you for a long time Chris, right?

auckland airport, they publicly called out mr. muller to come to the chicken desk. i wondered since when they're calling people publicly to the fast food counter only to realize she meant: checkin desk. kiwi accent can be hard for europeans.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Thanks Chris,

I think the majority of people spent all of their points in a hurry. This allows more time to calculate what all everyone can purchase beforehand. As for micros #WetaArmy

Anything and everything spent towards micros will keep the game running so we are proud to support. Keep up the good work GGG. #SlightlyBald

-Kro
Stash tabs most popular? Yes, about 10-15 times as for usual sales. Just guessing based on the amount of threads popping up in Tech Support... Please, please, pleaaaaaaase update the stash tab description in the Shop already. It still doeasn't mention that "remove only" tabs are getting upgraded first which is a major source of confusion both for returning and new players (who actually never had a chance to be aware of the change). Thanks :-)

(I have only basic webdesign skills but) if it breaks e.g. the container size for shop items on the website, how about something like a * and putting the information in a new one at the end of the page.
cant wait for Leo's PVPness
I've just listened to the podcast and I remember tuning the AI for Zeno's grandmaster*. It was definitely freezing my test character as advertised.

I'm hoping the 1.3.0 PVP stuff gets people thinking about how to build some specialized grandmasters because I haven't seen many specifically geared towards fighting players.

There are some awesome ones that are though. Like one that uses multiple tiers of Cast when Damage Taken with different skill setups, and one that uses Leap Slam with Curse on Hit to chase down players like a vengeful bunny rabbit. I have no idea when either will make it into the map though.

While I'm here, I've got some quick tips for grandmaster submitting:

• Make sure all of your Auras and buffs are on, and that your pets and minions are summoned at the time you export your character. The export is a snapshot, which also means it won't update it's gear/level once it's submitted.
  • Think about how your character will play in PVP. If you'll need corpses to replenish your minions for example, consider having a Desecrate gem on hand.
  • Some gems don't work on players. Chance to Flee for example won't take control of a player's character, and your grandmaster won't portal out mid-fight. You also can't Dominate or Convert a player.

*That's a thing I do now.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Hilbert wrote:
Podcast: 1 Week CT on Alpha then 1 week on live server.

Yeah let those casuals MMORPG alpha players show that CT is "fine" to follow a 1 week live CT just to show that it's broken after 2h.

If Glacial Hammer and Ice Crits still freeze other players instead of extended chill CT will never work.
CT isn't casual leveling.
CT is mass invasion and use all methods to avoid invasion/RIP when you don't want to be invaded and invade/kill when you are ready.

Oh and of course discard the idea of Hilbert to add a random map invasion. Meaning all dropped maps have random properties and if you open a map of the same name you randomly invade another player.
But it doesn't matter anyway CT never worked over well over 1h.
After 75-90min the CT races were next to empty anyway.

But sure drop maps and keep Hideouts/Daily Missions where you cannot be invaded...

Looks like you forgot that a PvP rebalance is coming with 1.3.0. First see then whine :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Just some feedback for the devs:

I was incredibly happy to hear that desync is actively being worked on incrementally, mostly because as someone who casually checks the frontpage news, I haven't seen anything mentioned about these desync improvements or even any mention of netcode at all. It really led me to believe that nothing is being done, especially since almost every thread I can think of that asks for clarification on what's going on with desync are devoid of developer comments.

It's like, every thread that contains the word "desync" in it share the same features:
-People who say it's a problem the devs aren't working on and that they don't care about
-People who say it's a problem we as players are just going to have to put up with because it's not getting better
-People who say it's not a problem at all and it's all in our minds
-No gold-bordered posts to debunk any of the patently false lies being spread.

Which then leads one to believe the "the devs don't really care" crowd might be on to something.

Anyway, I guess what I'd really like to see is some sort of comprehensive list of these "incremental changes" whenever they're applied, and maybe some frontpage-quality communication about these changes. I mean, with the level of non-communication we have currently, you can't really blame people for honestly believing all the doom-and-gloom and thinking that the devs really do just want to sweep it all under the rug.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
You're so humble and funny Chris. That interview was the best State of Exile podcast ever.

Keep it up.

You are the EXACT kind of person we as aRPG fans should be looking up to. Miles ahead of any Diablo 3 designer or any other lead developer that I know of. Seriously, keep it up.

I need to do another Push up video now.

We will have to wait until act 4 though.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 1, 2014, 6:18:48 AM
"
Looks like you forgot that a PvP rebalance is coming with 1.3.0. First see then whine :P

How many patches of "rebalance" or PVP Updates did we have already?
Most issues persist since October 2012.

PVP will be played 2 seasons and then it will fade into obscurity again.
For "further" rebalance ofc.

What happened to the CTs that should be sheduled after the 48h?

PVP rebalance does nothing as long the Freeze Chance on Glacial Hammer affects players.

Even that gets removed there will be Crit, Cold Penetration on higher levels and players will still be permafrozen once hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info