exp penalty

Get rid of it. I'm not playing this game until that is completely taken out. Just died from lag on docks, so that's gonna take another 2-3 days for me to get back. So yeah I'm good lol. Uninstalling this game until there's incentive other than staying the same level and not getting any decent loot. Peace GGG and may your dying game prosper
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
AJewishPizza wrote:
Get rid of it. I'm not playing this game until that is completely taken out. Just died from lag on docks, so that's gonna take another 2-3 days for me to get back. So yeah I'm good lol. Uninstalling this game until there's incentive other than staying the same level and not getting any decent loot. Peace GGG and may your dying game prosper

Not gonna happen unless a different penalty is implemented.

So unless you can deal with the penalty, have fun not having fun with this game. We won't miss you.
Lol. Try playing HC :) and die by Client Freeze.

And lol, I was actually gonna say that more exp penalty is better. This would make SC better imo. You'd play more seriously because of that exp penalty. But then again, if you've just leveled-up, you can just hug Kole anytime you want.

Peace!

Edit:
How about losing all your exp when you die? - disclaimer: I haven't had a toon that was past lvl 83
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Nov 30, 2014, 11:52:56 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
AJewishPizza wrote:

Not gonna happen unless a different penalty is implemented.

So unless you can deal with the penalty, have fun not having fun with this game. We won't miss you.

Why? Why does there even need to be one when the plan is to eventually not have one? GGG wants there to eventually be enough acts to get you to level max, or at least end-game content, without needing a new penalty.

So why do we need one now? It nothing more than bs, arbitrary difficulty because arpg's in general, and especially PoE, wouldn't know true difficulty (skill based play) if it was pounding them in the rear.

I feel about xp loss the same way I do about the gimping of resistance. It's a crutch from a gameplay design pov.

EDIT - Or I am wrong and later acts will have death penalties... except that would be rather odd. People could just grind lower acts to avoid it.
Last edited by BINARYGOD on Dec 1, 2014, 5:56:35 PM
"
Lol. Try playing HC :) and die by Client Freeze.

And lol, I was actually gonna say that more exp penalty is better. This would make SC better imo. You'd play more seriously because of that exp penalty. But then again, if you've just leveled-up, you can just hug Kole anytime you want.

I have played hardcore - but game issues (desync, poor mob design or rng restrictions) and the lack of real perma-death ruin the experience.

As for SC - The only thing that would make it better it not having all of the other leagues dump into it. SC is for people who don't like death penalties, not necessarily a place for all characters/currency/loot to end up once they are done with another league.

Also - I can only speak for myself, but xp-based death penalties have never made a play experience more thrilling, just more annoying or rage inducing upon death. Hardcore with perm death (instead of the baby hardcore we have now) is thrilling. Having to run back to a corpse to get your xp (and loot? whatever) or loose it all is thrilling.

"

How about losing all your exp when you die? - disclaimer: I haven't had a toon that was past lvl 83

If it were setup like Dark Souls, I would be down with that. Reset the world and have at it - the longer it takes after some cool down, the less xp is waiting.
BTW - what is the difference between a jewish and non jewish pizza?

(maybe there is some joke I am not privy to)
Hmmm...no, you have no character listed that would take more than a few hours hard grind to make back the EXP.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Hmmm...no, you have no character listed that would take more than a few hours hard grind to make back the EXP.

If that is directed at me, and not the op, that is irrelevant to my points. I don't care how many hours "hard grind" it would take. It's lazy from a game design perspective and it has rarely, if ever, made the game thrilling or made me play safer (death comes so infrequently, people generally forget about it). It is also entirely uninteresting.

PS - My current character list is not there for you to qualify my opinion, thanks. What's next, my post count or join date?
Who else would it be directed to but the OP since it's his thread?

As for your disjointed QQ on why is it even there...learning tool.
Sure it's inconvenient if your connection is shit but if it's that bad you wouldn't be doing much playing anyway.
Outside of that if you keep dying it's down to an incorrect play style or build or poor gear and you will not progress until you fix it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Who else would it be directed to but the OP since it's his thread?

As for your disjointed QQ on why is it even there...learning tool.
Sure it's inconvenient if your connection is shit but if it's that bad you wouldn't be doing much playing anyway.
Outside of that if you keep dying it's down to an incorrect play style or build or poor gear and you will not progress until you fix it.

Sometimes a post is in response to the ones the precede it, sometimes it is not. My bad.

Regardless, my post's are not "QQ" and are certainty not disjointed, they were than just merely whining and there was nothing disorganized nor off topic about what I wrote. Well, the dark souls stuff, maybe.

I stated that I disliked the death penalties of this type, and I explained why. There is nothing interesting about a hardcore death if it isn't truly permanent. For SC, its either the type of thing, if your not a so-called "no lifer", that would be severely agitating; and if you are a "no lifer", is meaningless because you can easily get it back in few hours of hard grinding, as you say.

Anyway, I can count on one hand how many times my current character has died on the way to merc dom/maps, but even that amount of deaths make me wish for something more interesting. I can't imagine it would that hard to implement, especially compared with some of the other requests made around here.

XP loss and gimped resistances are just lazy.

Agree to disagree, and sorry I thought you were talking to me. I'm an American, so by nature, I am somewhat narcissistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info