Acuity is not worth 200 ex

It's worth what it sells for. Deal with it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
At this time people are willing to pay 200 Ex for one.

I call BS on this. And I have 100 items of evidence on XYZ saying that people aren't buying them for that much.

Besides, if there's such a big group of people who can smash 200 ex on a very average pair of gloves as you're saying, we really have a massive RMT and economy problem in this game, don't we?
Last edited by delray on Nov 30, 2014, 6:30:34 PM
As with any totally shameless market a few ppl will buy up all of one item, in this case acuity and re-list them for 200.

Everyone who isnt in the situation where they can start a monopoly will get farked. This is what happens with monopoly/cartels in reality, and why it is illegal in most cases.

And no, it wont drop below 200, not much anyway, since the monopolists will buy it up when that happens and relist them or just hoard them. Remember that you have ppl around that have RMT/botted a gazilion of exalths.
Last edited by Zhatan on Nov 30, 2014, 6:40:50 PM
"
deal with it

I am dealing with it right here. Posting my opinion that it's a BS price for this item and that it's not worth even a chunk of it. You deal with that. :-)

I'd like to point out that noone has made a compelling case yet, explaining how Acuity is a must-have item so one must sell all he owns to obtain it right away.

I also would like to read an explanation from all the self-proclaimed economics professors around here which would explain why if the supply is so low and the demand so high, the price stopped at 200 ex. Why isn't it increasing as we speak? Will it be 300 ex in a week? Maybe you should buy all the one hundred 200 ex Acuities out there and sell for 300 later, if you so believe in your own argument?
Last edited by delray on Nov 30, 2014, 6:51:22 PM
"
delray wrote:
"
At this time people are willing to pay 200 Ex for one.

I call BS on this. And I have 100 items of evidence on XYZ saying that people aren't buying them for that much.

Strange, I have only 45 total results. There are 7 Acuities for 200 ex, one for 190 ex. So I guess you are exaggerating a 'little'.
However you got a point since it's not a secret the amount of Acuities available gets held back artificially by a relatively small group. This again leads to the problem of elitism which is a completely different story.
The thing is: It will take long time until they get cheaper as long as patches do not wreck them. That is because most ppl selling them are so rich they do not need to sell in the next week. Or next month even. Plus the drop rate in relation to time spent is so abysmal it will take ages until others can reliably start to sell them. So I would not expect a heavy price drop anytime soon.

Anyway, I got my pair, so none of my concern I guess. And according to what they really are worth: They may be luxury but they are pretty effective at making high dps builds viable to reflect. So is guess they are worth a lot to crit users.

PS: sry for my bad English & stuff
IGN: Kyrell
"
delray wrote:
"
deal with it

I also would like to read an explanation from all the self-proclaimed economics professors around here which would explain why if the supply is so low and the demand so high, the price stopped at 200 ex. Why isn't it increasing as we speak? Will it be 300 ex in a week? Maybe you should buy all the one hundred 200 ex Acuities out there and sell for 300 later, if you so believe in your own argument?

Acuities are almost a classic example of Veblen good, with a price elasticity that is not driven by basic demand, but also by a number of more complex demands such as profiteering, build requirements, and collectors.

They are also viewed as a luxury good, and are generally considered assets (not consumables, although some of us like to brick them in the quest for +1gems), so demand will always tend towards inelastic. It's this overall inelasticity that allows for the current consistency of pricing, while the current high market price was set by external factors that impacted on supply.

It's a bitch to explain, but because of the nature of the environment (it's a game, yo), we're going to start straying more into psychology than pure economics.

Have we got any pyschologists in the house? Do you want to bust out a bit of herd-mentality/bandwagonning explanation, and I'll link that back to veblen goods and price elasticity of demand?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 30, 2014, 8:18:01 PM
This whole thread is a joke

Monopolist ! Economy ! Supply ! Lemonade ! 45 ! Percentile ! Zimbabwe !
NOTHING in this game is worth 200 exc.. including legacy shavs/kaoms.

but when RMT exists... players create unrealistic prices for items .... thus making it possible for only people that RMT to acquire such items... or people that get extremely lucky and find 2 - 3 shavronnes wrappings.

Point is... without solid price infrastructure.... you can expect Whack prices for all the good idems because RMT exists... and so long as there are no set prices... RMT will force items like Acuity to be super expensive

it has nothing to do with how rare it is.... there are some items that are super rare not even worth an ex. it has to do with the fact that it turns you into god.

Auction House would definitely help lower the prices of acuitys.. but that alone wouldnt be enough... youd have to shut down all the RMT sites so that people would not be able to ask/offer such retarded prices for items

When the bottom line is ... you will never see this item because
A. you are not lucky enough or
B. you dont play enough (requiring 16 hours of play time a day for over a year is too much.)
C. You refuse to RMT to acquire a 200 ex item.

Something is wrong.... every person should be able to eventually see every item the game has to offer.... why play a game if you might never get the best item.... its silly. there has to be some sort of guaranttee for these godly items or else people can play for months and still not even be a quarter of the way towards any of these items.. and that sucks for most people.. so acquitys and all the other expensive items will remain in the hands of the rich and lucky. By rich i mean people who RMT and by lucky i mean people who found 2 - 3 shavronnes.
Last edited by ZaruenKosai on Nov 30, 2014, 9:27:42 PM
"
ZaruenKosai wrote:

but when RMT exists... players create unrealistic prices for items .... thus making it possible for only people that RMT to acquire such items... or people that get extremely lucky and find 2 - 3 shavronnes wrappings.

When the bottom line is ... you will never see this item because
A. you are not lucky enough or
B. you dont play enough (requiring 16 hours of play time a day for over a year is too much.)
C. You refuse to RMT to acquire a 200 ex item.

Something is wrong.... every person should be able to eventually see every item the game has to offer.... why play a game if you might never get the best item.... its silly. there has to be some sort of guaranttee for these godly items or else people can play for months and still not even be a quarter of the way towards any of these items.. and that sucks for most people.. so acquitys and all the other expensive items will remain in the hands of the rich and lucky. By rich i mean people who RMT and by lucky i mean people who found 2 - 3 shavronnes.

I started playing mid way through Domination, have never had a top tier item drop (best drop that i have sold so far was an Amulet i sold for 5 ex), I don't flip currency or items. I work 10-12 hr days 5 days a week so i can't no life

"
ZaruenKosai wrote:

Something is wrong.... every person should be able to eventually see every item the game has to offer.... why play a game if you might never get the best item.... its silly. there has to be some sort of guaranttee for these godly items or else people can play for months and still not even be a quarter of the way towards any of these items.. and that sucks for most people..

You're trolling, right? In case you're not trolling, jfyi: lootgrinders like PoE work because you always have that carrot hanging in front of your nose. Give every donkey his carrot, and they'll stop moving. As soon as you've everything, you'll stop hunting for more, unless you enjoy building wealth for the sake of it.

---

There are endless things, RL and VL, that i personally see as being overpriced, yet there are other things some people would pay a dime for that i'd buy instantly. That's how it is. If you're frustrated because you can't afford this item, stop being bitter and start to work towards it. Acuity is BIS for what it does, and they're rare, so they're more or less worth their price.

There's a lot of stuff in this game that isn't needed out of sheer fun etc., mirrored Daggers for example. You don't need them to do everything the game has to offer, they're more or less just for those min/max players. And i'm glad that those people exist - hardcore fans keep games alive and interesting for years. Idk where all that jealousy, bitterness and hatred comes from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info