Acuity is not worth 200 ex

It just isn't.
Supply and demand my brotha. Mr. Market and all that jazz. Jay Gatsby, tea and crumpets and a side of Critical strikes.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Okay, stop the market. delray has spoken, first of all give him 5 copies for what he just came up with, second lower the price to 1ex 17c 28alts and 3 transmutes
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Oh yes it is when it DOES sell for 200 ex it absolutely is.

Granted I haven't seen gloves drop in about lets say 70 uber runs now? Good times but a guildie of mine told me to sell his acurity for 200 ex because he sucked ass at trading and so I did easy as 1 2 to fucking 3.

Standard is ez money.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 30, 2014, 11:20:04 AM
"
delray wrote:
It just isn't.

If people are paying it, it is worth it. It really is quite simple.
Wait until supply gets up to where everyone who plays could have five and you'll see the price drop.
It's not the market that has spoken, how many of you have actually bought Acuity for 200 ex? How many of you have actually owned or even seen 200 ex in the first place?

It must take a certain number of actual transactions to establish the price properly. We do not have that, we just have a bunch of uber farmers (or money-crazed flippers who try to strong-arm the price) who set an arbitrary and stupidly high price for not that good an item in hope to sell to (I assume) RMT-er noobs following some of the more popular and very expensive builds (and every modern day build absolute must include Acuity rotfl).

The result as per market rules is that unsold Acuity is piling up at XYZ just like unsold 100 ex Shavs is piling up there, and noone is buying these cause there's not enough ex in the game to do so. Even funnier, that unsold Acuity piles are locked to standard, and the new generation of RMT-ers who come for the new league will not even spit that way, so whatever you've paid to flip them to 200 ex is just lost moneys. Just keep waiting for that one fool who'll pay 200 ex for a pair of gloves. Certainly he'll buy from you, not one of other 100 sellers in there.

The new league is starting in a week. You can as well vendor your Acuity then if you don't sell it before. But keep the price at 200 ex, by all means. :-)

And finally, the bottom line is that Acuity isn't that good. It's not worth 200 ex to buy gloves with those mods that Acuity have. It's not worth 1:1 with 6l Shavs either. It just isn't that good an item.

Last edited by delray on Nov 30, 2014, 11:41:09 AM
OP can't afford acurity therefor it's not worth 200 ex even though a lot of people in standard have bought it for that amount

Logic.

It's near good as Acurity is OP because I can't afford it lol
I worship ee-sama!
Who, what kind of a fool, spends 200 ex on an item (gloves!) locked to standard to begin with?

Have you? :-)

I think the real frustrated people here are those who thought "I'll buy Acuity for 150 ex and sell for 200 ex" now sitting on Acuity and knowing in a couple weeks they'll be selling them at 2-3 ex. Which a pair of +70 INT +70 life +30% crit chance gloves are most likely actually worth.
Last edited by delray on Nov 30, 2014, 11:45:44 AM
Well, this is madness, =D

I'm waiting to the time too much people farm in a reliable fashion those gloves and GGG has to nerf them. When that happens, the gloves will be cheaper, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info